No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the Ludogorets v Steaua CL qualifier yesterday was a classic.

Deep into extra time with penalty kicks looming a Steaua center back goes on a rampaging run and the Ludogorets goalkeeper gets a straight red for taking him down. Oh, by they way, they've used all 3 of their substitutions and one of their center backs gets handed the goalkeepers gloves and jersey.

Guy goes on to score the opening penalty kick, then stop 2 Steaua penalty kicks and Ludogorets qualify for the first time ever for Champions League football.

---------------------------------

For NFL fans, it's like your Kicker getting ejected from a game in sudden death overtime and your DT comes in and bangs home a 50 yard game winner, and DET goes to their first ever SB........

Comment

• Even with your example on the end there, Fraquar, I don't think many Lions fans are gonna be jizzin their boxers over Ludogorets!

I may be wrong but I think Steaua Bucharest hold the record for most games unbeaten. Pretty sure they went a few years without losing a game back in the 90's. Can't be arsed googling it....., just a memory.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Last night at Ibrox stadium, Glasgow....., Rangers 1 Hibernian 3....., get in you HIBEES. Although my sons celebratory texts were better than the result.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Very nice Marko.
            Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
            🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 114 Platinum Trophies
            https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Look at those Fuckwits at the top of the league, Septem. GRRRRRR

Find out which football teams are leading the pack or at the foot of the table in the Scottish Championship on BBC Sport

Comment

• The Jambos mean business.

According to that table only the top spot gets promoted, is there a playoff for the other spot(s)?

Comment

• Yes, 2nd, 3rd and 4th are in a play off with the club who finish 11th in the SPL. Hoping that win on Monday against the Teddy Bears push the CABBAGE on. But you are correct, the rancid bastards do mean business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Look at those Fuckwits at the top of the league, Septem. GRRRRRR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...pionship/table
                    Saw it when I made the other post Marko. Really thought to see Rangers there tbh.

Hope you guys improve enough to finish in the top 4 to at least achieve a play off spott.

Comment

• Got to be honest, Septem, I don't think any Hibs fan is worried about not finishing in the top 4. If they can't finish top 4 in that league, then they don't deserve to be there anyway. Hibs fans really want Stubbsy to turn that corner and challenge for the title. Beating Rangers last Monday was really showing signs of promise. All they need to do now is beat Raith Rovers today at Easter Road,.... Show they mean it!

Comment

• 'Mon the Hibbees!

Comment

• Draw it was. Fuckwitts and Rangers won...not a good day...

Comment

• Text message from my son, Septem:
                            The most frustrating afternoon all season. Loads of chances, at least ten clear cut chances, but all wasted. Callum Booth needs to stop being a big headed twat and start concentrating a bit more. And the Raith goal? Complete defensive joke and scored by that ex Jambo git Christian Nade. He back heeled it to Conroy, it went THROUGH Hanlons legs, Conroy gave it back to Nade, who then scored. JOKE! And then Raith should've scored last minute. Not a good day.

I copy and paste his text because he used the same closing words as you, "Not a good day!" Haha.

But, Benfica top of the league?? Good stuff.

Comment

• Hey Marko, what the hell happened to Dunfermline? League One? Seems I remember they used to be a permanent fixture in the Premiership.

Comment

• Very true, Fraquar. They were indeed a Premiership regular , but they hit bad times financially. Unfortunately their first season in league one was the same season Rangers were in the league. Rangers won the league without losing a game. Dunfermline made the play offs and they met Cowdenbeath. Dunfermline and Cowdenbeath are 4 miles apart and it was a serious derby match. The Blue Brazil (Cowdenbeath) won the game over two legs. And The Pars (Dunfermline) remain in league one. I sort of don't really mind that they are in league one..... My sons ex football coach was a Pars fan, and what a fkn absolute clueless tit he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X