Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    Now its the point guards that do all the shooting.....
    It's funny how much the style of play has gone backwards 50 years. Really the last time there were so many high scoring point guards it was the 60's.

Comment

• Starting with the change in the rules to allow <cough, cough Jordan cough, cough> players to drive the lane without being touched and the demolition of the post up game in conjunction with the deterioration of skills and playing "the right way" has led the Association here.

Instead of training coaches of colleges, HS, AAU on what they need to be training players at every level; they just pushed the easy button and want fans to pick individual players that they will protect regardless of the team.

The sport sucks and is barely less predictable then wrestling.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Who predicted the Warriors to win this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Starting with the change in the rules to allow <cough, cough Jordan cough, cough> players to drive the lane without being touched
          LOL

What a hilarious fucking comment. That is a doozey.

Conspiracy theories are usually the first recourse of the ignorant. They take almost no intelligence to fall back on.

[youtube]5K-qGWkiKvQ[/youtube]

[youtube]7WpkXlrJxtw[/youtube]

Yeah, after the bad boys jordan never got fouled again. basically untouched.
          Last edited by Kstat; July 29, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
            LOL

What a hilarious fucking comment. That is a doozey.

LOOKING FOR Conspiracy theories in a general statement of truth are usually the first recourse of the ignorant. They take almost no intelligence to fall back on.
            I am so hurt.

Attacking the poster and not the issue is usually an admission that the originator is right. And the attacker lacks the resident intelligence to have a intelligent conversation or debate. So, let's say you win.

A conspiracy intimates there is secrecy. There is no secret to what I wrote. In fact it is a generally known fact.

pANDs Froot, the Warriors, much like the 2004 Pistons were a aberration and not the rule.

If that happens in the NFL, MLB or NHL it is no-where near a surprise.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I think you need some education on what "facts" are.

All the facts point to the game opening up the defensive rules post-2004, not before. The mid-1990's through 2004 were the toughest defensive era since the pre-shot clock days.

Let's take a look at the only NBA finals series since 1954 where neither team broke 100 points:

1994 (only five times did either team break 90 in seven games)
              1998 (only twice did either team score 90 in six games)
              1999 (only once did either team score 90 in five games)

Yeah, basketball in the Jordan era was basically a layup drill. Everyone went down the lane untouched. It's a generally known fact!

Your opinion is not a fact. It's an opinion. And it's a really ignorant one at that.
              Last edited by Kstat; July 29, 2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Who predicted the Mavericks in 2011 or the Spurs in 2014? And really was the Spurs win unwatchable? That was great basketball, an utter basketball clinic. That was playing the right way.

It is much more unpredictable now than in the past. The rule changes haven't made it more predictable, that's for sure. Basketball by its design is less predictable than other sports. It is heavily dependent on the stars.

What you're seeing now is the realization that Rick Pitino figured out 20 years ago, 33 percent of 3 pointers is worth 50 percent on 2 point shots. If you can find shooters that can hit 40 percent from three, then they are going to load up on those shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  I think you need some education on what "facts" are.

All the facts point to the game opening up the defensive rules post-2004, not before. The mid-1990's through 2004 were the toughest defensive era since the pre-shot clock days.

Let's take a look at the only NBA finals series since 1954 where neither team broke 100 points:

1994 (only five times did either team break 90 in seven games)
                  1998 (only twice did either team score 90 in six games)
                  1999 (only once did either team score 90 in five games)

Yeah, basketball in the Jordan era was basically a layup drill. Everyone went down the lane untouched. It's a generally known fact!

Your opinion is not a fact. It's an opinion. And it's a really ignorant one at that.
                  Riiiiiight because the only reason that happened was because the greatest shooters ever were held down by even greater defense. Okay, got it. Taking that stat in a vacuum is pretty darn ignorant.

Fact: After being eliminated by the Detroit Pistons in 1990, Michael Jordan made a plea to the league that the Pistons were dirty and this was not basketball. The rules changed that off season and the Chicago Bulls went on to win 6 championships within a decade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I know its a little fluff but it's good fluff. It looks like Andre and SJ are really hitting it off. I really like that a lot.

Drummond and Johnson have apparently become fast friends since the latter was selected eighth overall by the Pistons in last month's NBA draft.

Andre Drummond and Stanley Johnson have apparently become fast friends since the latter was selected eighth overall by the Detroit Pistons in last month's NBA draft.

Drummond, who is entering his fourth season with the Pistons, has spent time this summer working out with his new teammate and they've also been playing together in the Drew League in Los Angeles, which bills itself as a "the most elite summer league in the world."

Although Drummond has three years of NBA experience under his belt, he and Johnson are close in age. Drummond turns 22 Aug. 22 and Johnson is 19.

Drummond has been using Instagram to keep everyone informed of what he's been doing this summer with Johnson, who goes by @3stanimal on the website.

"Big year for both of us!! @3stanimal and I out here working! #DetroitBadBoys" Drummond wrote after posting a video of him and Johnson working out together.

Another post showed a video of the pair in Drummond's vehicle and was accompanied by the text "Great workout today with my rook @3stanimal!"

And yet another said "Playoff week! Let's win this whole thing. I love playing this guy @3stanimal."

The Drew League playoffs begin Friday.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Very very optimistic on Stanimal.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I wasn't pleased with the pick at the time but I have to say he's fitting in really well. During Andre's playing time in Detroit I've heard very little about him enjoying the environment and / or his teammates. Not to say he's been put off playing here I just haven't heard much other than how good he can be with this talent level.

Stories like that promoting the new era of Bad Boys and bonding with a new teammate is awesome. Add in RJax's enthusiasm and its making for a really good environment to be in. I love what SVG is doing here.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It sounds like Andre is taking more of a leadership role now (probably with Monroe gone) and Reggie Jackson seems to be a big comraderie guy too......

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                            Anthony Davis is so ridiculously talented. He's got a chance to be on the all time NBA best 1st string team.
                            I agree. One thing I don't like is how Gentry wants him to start shooting more 3's, tho. Makes players lazier.
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Stanley Johnson's mom past away. Poor kid, I've read they were real close
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                                I agree. One thing I don't like is how Gentry wants him to start shooting more 3's, tho. Makes players lazier.
                                If he has a three point shot, he should be using it, if for no reason than to keep defenders honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X