Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montrael signed Semin 1 year 1.1 mil

He's a pain and often a floater but wow is that contract worth the gamble. I wouldn't have wanted him here but he'll either make that GM look like a genius or at the very worst a low risk gambler. That contract is nothing
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
      Nor did Finland or Sweden. Canada and Russia maybe. France, nowhere to be found; kinda like WWII.
      Lol
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Lol

Me Too!!!!! Good one Trick.

Comment

• I still can't believe Cody Franson is still out there. He's young and a damned good dmen. I wish we could rid ourselves of that f'ing schlep Ericsson and sign him.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Cummung Scott (Cummy) Burton

BURTON, Cumming Scott (Cummy) - In Loving Memory of Cumming Scott Burton (Cummy). 1936 - 2015. Cummy was born in Sudbury, the youngest son of Archie and Chrissie (Smith) Burton. Cummy and his two brothers, Marty and Archie excelled at all sports but they were exceptionally good at hockey and played in teams across North America. Cummy was a star in the Ontario hockey league and was eventually signed by the Detroit Red Wings in 1959. There he was, a rookie at 21, rooming with Gordie Howe, and playing with Alex Delvecchio and Ted Lindsay! Cummy was the last person to wear Detroit's #6 jersey. It had been retired to honour his cousin Larry Aurie, the team captain who led Detroit to 2 Stanley Cups in 1936 and 1937. However, one day in 1959, he was asked to exchange that # 6 and wear number 9 on his front and number 7 on his back, Lindsay and Howe's numbers. There had been a death threat on these Detroit superstars by a disgruntled Leaf's fan and they wanted the rookie Burton to test the waters. Cummy refused. Cummy's biggest achievements weren't to be on the ice. A botched knee operation in Detroit sealed his fate and he turned to a life of serial employment. Most notably, he was sports' director at CKSO radio and television, sold cars, worked for the railway and was a constant promoter of the Burton Gold Mine. I also hired him to do sports on a contract basis for the CBC for a year. Cummy loved people and they loved him back. He was funny, smart, honest and outrageous. He supported the Boy's Home with Father Brian McKee and was a "Flying Father" when he was needed to don the cassock. He was a wonderful friend! Cummy was inducted into Hockey Heritage North honouring NHL players born in Northern Ontario.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the passing of your buddy, Cat.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• My condolences Cat. RIP Cummy.

Comment

• Sorry for the loss of your friend, Bill.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sorry brother, he sounds like a good guy.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• There's as great piece of trivia in the obit. Use it on fellow wing fans. "Who was the last Red Wing to wear the number 6?"

Comment

• Thats pretty funny.. I might just do that!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Don't look now but someone just posted a picture of Franzen skating at the Joe right now on twitter.

........it might be the last time this season you see him skating at the Joe.

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

Cam Fowler of the Ducks was also photographed skating at the Joe.

Comment

• So was Dan Cleary, it sounds like they're going to resign him and send him to GR.

I still think we should try to make a run at Cody Franson. The dude is big and might come on the cheap since its so late in the off season. He would make our D pretty f'ing good.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The fact that no one in the NHL seems to share your opinion on Franson should probably tell you something, Jaad.

Comment

Working...
                                X