No announcement yet.

U of M MEN'S BASKETBALL: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a big fan of Eastern but not so much Haarms.

Comment

Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      Ward and Winston have been really good. They just haven?t been really good against Michigan. Tillman and McQuaid should break out with more time. Langford has been garbage but the talent is there.
      Ward plays 19 mpg, in large part bcause Izzo benches him after every brainfart. Agreed Tillman is a decent big who could be a very nice player for MSU. But, again, your argument relies on little to no season-to-season improvement at the school where that happens regularly and are counting on it at the school where it doesn't. Your argument makes no sense.

Comment

What argument? I never said MSU would be the better team by the end of the season. I’m just saying on paper they will be favored by most in October.

Comment

In ESPN's way-too-soon rankings for 2018-19, they have spartie 11th and Michigan 12th. Of course, this was before Wagner announced. They do speculate that he will probably leave, so maybe it's where they think we'll be without him.

Villanova reigns as national champion. How does the field stack up for next season? Here's your first look at the best of the best for next season.

Comment

We should still be a Sweet 16 seed without Wagner.

Comment

That would be a good season, IMO.

Comment

Rivals ranks our class #2 in the B1G. Highest ranking since the 2012 class and they won't be relied on as much as those guys were right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Rivals ranks our class #2 in the B1G. Highest ranking since the 2012 class and they won't be relied on as much as those guys were right away.
                  They?re definitely going to need at least one of those guys to put the ball in the basket.

Comment

I would guess that since Moe has left, Austin Davis is more likely to stay (if he was ever contemplating leaving) and battle Castleton for the minutes that Teske had last year. He might be cool with getting 10 minutes a game on a team that still may make a Final Four run (that happens to be at a great school) over getting 25-30 a game at a MAC school.

Comment

They?re definitely going to need at least one of those guys to put the ball in the basket.
                      I think both Iggy and Johns fit the bill for a guy that might score 8-10ppg as a Frosh.

Comment

I actually really like Austin Davis. He’s got more skill than he showed last season.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          I think both Iggy and Johns fit the bill for a guy that might score 8-10ppg as a Frosh.
                          Looking at what may be available, though, I could see one of those guys getting more like 13-14 points a game. Matthews should be our leader and Poole would be next in line. Both Z and Teske will score in spots but neither is a natural to go off for a 20 point game more than once in a blue moon. Shots will be available to the young wings and I'm sure more will be asked of from Livers on offense.

Comment

I actually really like Austin Davis. He?s got more skill than he showed last season.
                            That's probably true but I'll be elated if he becomes a taller J-Mo.

Comment

What argument? I never said MSU would be the better team by the end of the season. I?m just saying on paper they will be favored by most in October.
                              You were saying that MSU will have better players and better recruits. Are you no longer saying that?

Comment

Livers is a hard one to gauge. If he comes back with that solid corner 3, that's huge. He never really recovered from rolling his ankle. Maybe a bit of freshman exhaustion figured in there; maybe some confidence too, since Robinson broke out of his slump and made him a ceremonial starter. I could see him coming back with more than that 3, or being caught from behind by Johns or maybe Iggy if Beilein likes Iggy at the 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X