Michigan @ Indiana, 10/14/17, Noon ET, ABC/ESPN 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan @ Indiana, 10/14/17, Noon ET, ABC/ESPN 3

With the offense in disarray, there's no place for it to go but up .... or down only a little!

UM is 92nd in passes intercepted, 106th in fumbles lost, 115th in TFL allowed, 118th in sacks allowed.

Scoring O: t-80th
    Total O: 84th,
    YPP: t-85th
    Run O: 63rd
    YPC, 84th
    Pass O: t-75th
    YPA: t-56th
    QB Rtg: 98th
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

We need to play Rutgers more than once a season.

Comment

Our offense will still look like shit against Rutgers. The only chance that we have of breaking 30 without a defensive TD is against Maryland.

Comment

Peters needs a look.

Comment

I expect that Peters would look pretty bad too, but they need to get either him or McCaffrey some experience. I don't really care if either of them are good at this point.

Comment

As hard as it is right now to keep going in the same direction with the offense, that's probably the best thing to do UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES ...... OL is already a mess. QB not optimal. To implement some sort of major changes to the play book would probably be disastrous. I'm also against "simplifying." There's plenty of plays that appear fine if they are called correctly and at the appropriate times.

If I were going to change anything, I'd first have to understand (1) As the game plan for the week is implemented in practice, how is that being done, who is involved and (2) in game, who is making the play calls and how are they getting passed to the players..... importantly, the QB and C.

I just sense this is where the problems on offense are. That's where I think the best ideas for improvement lie. JMO because we can't and are not ever going to know how either of these two potential problem areas work or if solutions to fix any problems here have been implemented. All we'll see is what looks like a functional offense.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Today im pissed.

Through 31 games at Michigan:

Harbaugh: 24-7 record, 1-1 bowl record, 1-4 vs rivals.

Hoke: 24-7 record, 1-1 bowl record, 2-2 vs rivals.

I’m starting to question Harbaugh? We need a change at offensive coordinator. Not more fade passes sailing out of bounds in the redzone. I question why he isn’t using Peters or Kareem walker. Harbaugh is just stubborn or seems 'checked out' this year. so on....

I could go on, but I wont. I have a lot of first world things to do - im done till maybe the osu blowout (or not). Train wreck - back next year.

Comment

Relax......this thing about Harbaugh looking disinterested or checked out is getting some run among the various blogs.

IMO, it's BS.

The NCAA rules committee rushed in some new rules for the 2017 season intended to curb bad sideline behavior. It appeared, all the whining considered about Harbaugh from officials and his jealous peers, these were aimed at him. So, no shit, he's a bit subdued on the sideline.

Moreover, he has to be exasperated. He's got a shit OL, including a turnstile at RT, RBs that fumble way too much and a QB he knows is a risk every time a pass play gets called in. And Dantonio has his number and is bragging about it. Sucks to be JH.

Give the man a break.

Comment

The fundamentals were bad. But the play-calling ? as it has been all season long, save for the Florida game ? was probably worst of all.

Michigan's passing game ? designed by Harbaugh and first-year passing game coordinator Pep Hamilton ? is as bland as dry toast. The Wolverines are asking their quarterbacks to make NFL throws down the sideline and into the end zone.

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Does Harbaugh try to do too much on offense? Dantonio with one of his snarky comments?

"They are extremely well coached," Michigan State's Mark Dantonio said after the game. "They ran 40 different formations in the first half."

Comment

Why should he get a break? He gets paid a ton of dough, with the expectation that he'll deliver Ws, especially against a rival. Criticism is part of the deal and comes with territory. Beat state, and he gets praise. That's how it works under the bright lights of big time athletics.

Comment

Dantonio also said Hoke was doing a good job at UM. I don't believe him when he says anything positive about UM.

Comment

As Baumgardner said, Harbaugh has 2 O-line coaches and 3 O-coordinators, and they all make big money. Simplify, simplify, simplify!

Comment

"They ran 40 different formations in the first half."

He was mocking us

He's laughing at us

Comment

Yep. He was thinking the ending, "and they ran none of them well."

Comment

Working...
                              X