Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luck wasn't truly elite (God I hate that word) coming out of high school either. Peters has all the physical tools to be a top pick, but physical tools are about 40% of the equation. The fact that we're already questioning all this because a red shirt freshmen hasn't unseated a 4th year returning starter is where I lose interest. Nothing but fan forum gibberish.

Comment

• I'm uncomfortably in total agreement with The Oracle. There a number of presuppositions that go into questioning QB selection: (1) The HC would rather play a QB that gives his team less of a chance to win; and/or (2) The HC can't assess talent properly watching practice reps. I totally understand why they would be really snippy answering these questions.

IMO, you can blame he HC for the QB play. It's his responsibility to both recruit and develop the QB, and run an offensive system that utilizes the QB. I think criticism in this regard is entirely fair. Implying the coach doesn't want to win and/or can't assess talent is, as The Oracle calls it, fan forum gibberish.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Just don't look at the Central scores this year.

Comment

• I think the key point in the Speight discussion is if the coach is willing to pull the plug, sometimes it is needed, sometimes loyalty pans out. You kind of don't know in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I'm uncomfortably in total agreement with The Oracle. There a number of presuppositions that go into questioning QB selection: (1) The HC would rather play a QB that gives his team less of a chance to win; and/or (2) The HC can't assess talent properly watching practice reps. I totally understand why they would be really snippy answering these questions.

IMO, you can blame he HC for the QB play. It's his responsibility to both recruit and develop the QB, and run an offensive system that utilizes the QB. I think criticism in this regard is entirely fair. Implying the coach doesn't want to win and/or can't assess talent is, as The Oracle calls it, fan forum gibberish.
            You need your pillow fluffed??

Comment

• On the criticism Speight is getting .......

My problem with any of it from quibbling about sailing the ball high to what has been reported as death threats is that even at the low end, no one outside the program sees enough to make those judgments; there are probably a few observers, fans, with a trained eye having played the position at some level but even then one can't know the circumstances (play call, route running, defense) without film study guided by the coaches INSIDE the program that do know, to make informed observations and comments.

On the high end, the death threats and such. Utterly outrageous if reports of them are accurate. That is stooping to new lows for M fans.

I do think it is ok to note objective facts (number of fumbles, INT's, QB ratings, passing efficiency) and remark about the implications those things have on wins going forward.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Oracle likes to fluff.

Comment

• Anything to help comfort level. Safe spaces up in here.

Comment

• It's for the good of the forum.

Comment

• Man. I listened to some of Sam and Iras show this am. Living out of the area, it was hard to figure out how much heat Speight was taking. For my money he is proving to be the opposite of a game manager. He can make great plays and throws. And then mess up the easiest plays.

It's starting to make me question the whisperiness of the QB whisperer.
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Harbaugh can't colonize his head, which is where the problem is, IMO. I'm more wondering why, given Malzone, Gentry, Morris, O'Korn and Peters, he's batting .000 on legitimate alternatives.

Comment

• U-M schedule in 2020 includes:

at Washington (might get rescheduled)
                          vs. Va. Tech
                          vs. Wisc
                          vs. PSU
                          at MSU
                          at Ohio State
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• M is trying to get rid of their Washington series; might be tough to get rid of as Washington won't give it up.

Comment

• Yay!
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Frankly, M fans are fickle, bandwagon types. Not all, but the one's that seem to be most vocal (on the web) are.
                                I can't remember a QB since Harbaugh that at least some section of fans didn't bitch about. Speight's the newest flavor.

Comment

Working...
                                X