Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinois @ Michigan, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Uh oh, we're going for it on 4th and 2. Someone put Kstat in a padded room.
    Did they fake a punt this time? No?

What's that, you're out of weak strawman arguments?

Ok then.

Comment

• Did Harbaugh fake the punt because he wanted the first down (no) or did he do it so opposing punt return units have that to defend to?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Think we'll find anybody calling for O'Korn to start after this game.
        O'korn lacks game experience. He throws a nice ball, but yeah his decision-making is WAY behind Speight. Speight just looks like crap throwing the ball ... my worry is that these out-cuts that he is throwing with little velocity will be easy pick-6's for athletic secondaries like the Bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
          Did they fake a punt this time? No?

What's that, you're out of weak strawman arguments?

Ok then.
          No i was just fucking around. I know you're incapable, but just don't be a douchebag, something I'm not sure if you're capable.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Did Harbaugh fake the punt because he wanted the first down (no) or did he do it so opposing punt return units have that to defend to?
            I suspect he was faking in order to practice faking it... he is a believer in giving the opponent as much tape as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
              O'korn lacks game experience. He throws a nice ball, but yeah his decision-making is WAY behind Speight. Speight just looks like crap throwing the ball ... my worry is that these out-cuts that he is throwing with little velocity will be easy pick-6's for athletic secondaries like the Bucks.
              It's weird, I think that's something he still might be learning. He can really fire it when he wants to, but you're right...he does float some too many times. Almost like he's aiming it instead of throwing it.

Comment

• Harbaugh = Monster

Someone commented in another thread they go to other forums from time to time to stir the pot with opposing views. This is a classic case of "stirring the pot". I bet kstat is a Michigan State fan.
                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• 561 yards to 172...

Comment

• Besides Harbaugh being a dick, and I'm fine with that in the game of football, it's really hard to find a lot wrong with this performance.

I like the OL set up with Braden out there at LT and Bradenson stepping up as LG. Illinois has a couple of NFL caliber guys on the DL with known weakness at LB but they showed flashes and even at that, M rushed for something around 300 yards ..... pretty much what everyone called for to ward off disappointment.

Speight was solid. That was a key for many watching for improvement in this game.

I thought the D gave up the usual number of big plays and that would be maybe 4 if I have my count right. That's going to be Don Brown's MO but I saw a post at half time by an ESPN staff writer where he pointed out that over some ridiculous number of quarters, Michigan's total yards was 800 to the combined opponents 50. 50! That is phenomenal and I don't care how bad the competition is. So, I'm going to relax when those happen.

M fans may not like the kind of sabre slashes Harbaugh delivers to his opponents..... time outs with huge leads, going for it on forth down, fake punts, 2 point conversions with big leads, challenging ball placement with 2 minutes left. He's competitive. He leads with that attitude and it rubs off on all his players including the ones on the three deep. He's brought pride and toughness back to M football.

It feels to me like the M football we used to know when M just dominated non-con and conference play all of it leading up to The Game at the end of the season for the conference title.

I really like that.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• As someone who was giving 39, I applauded the initiative.
                      Last edited by iam416; October 22, 2016, 06:03 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• All for making the opponent stop you, but there's a fine line between playing out the game and embarrassing an overmatched opponent. The latter usually comes back to bite you in the ass, as it did today. This goes back to the days of Woody Hayes and Bo.

Comment

• It bit them badly, they only won 41-8. smh!

Comment

• I seriously doubt that Harbaugh was being a dick with that fake punt. He always has a reason for the stuff he does, and I'm sure he has no problem with Lovie Smith. Team looked like it pretty much lost interest after it was 28-0. Speight looked okay today. He took some hard shots. The season has just been a little too easy so far to get an accurate gauge on this team, but it's been fun so far. Next week is all I care about right now.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• LOL, Harbaugh's new glasses are a tip of the cap to Woody Hayes, Michael Douglas in Falling Down and Malcolm X.

Comment

• Any word on how Evans made out?
                                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Working...
                                X