Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have to take care of business the next two weeks before thinking about contending for anything, but I do like this team. They are young in every unit but the running back position. They have to clean up the flats, Minnesota couldn't pass on them outside or deep but a lot of crossing routes were there.

Comment

• Am I the only person in America that isn't enamored with P.J. Fleck? Fast talking, high energy guys are usually trying to take your attention away from some flaw. His team meetings resemble sales staff gatherings full of slogans, workbooks, and power-point presentations. It's a rah-rah hug fest. You can't win games through the power of positive thinking. Was he the best coach in the MAC, or the best recruiter?
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think he was a good hire for that program, his act depends on success because it will wear thin fast if they don't produce. He wouldn't be my preference as coach, but he was a big upgrade over Tracey Clayes.
        Last edited by froot loops; October 15, 2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• First time I have missed a MSU game in years, wife turned off BIG Ten network at the house im staying till tonight. FL how did Lewerke look last night?

Comment

• Some good throws and a couple terrible throws. He played ok.

Comment

• AP

18. Michigan State
              19. Michigan

The start of a new streak of Sparty ranked higher than Michigan

Comment

• "Am I the only person in America that isn't enamored with P.J. Fleck? Fast talking, high energy guys are usually trying to take your attention away from some flaw. His team meetings resemble sales staff gatherings full of slogans, workbooks, and power-point presentations. It's a rah-rah hug fest. You can't win games through the power of positive thinking. Was he the best coach in the MAC, or the best recruiter?"

When PJ FLeck was coaching at WMU he spoke at our local Rotary Club and made an ass of himself. All self-absorbed and egotistical. Also, he showed up late for his commitment. This character flaw will plague him the rest of his career IMO.

Comment

• Ah thanks for that Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    Am I the only person in America that isn't enamored with P.J. Fleck? Fast talking, high energy guys are usually trying to take your attention away from some flaw. His team meetings resemble sales staff gatherings full of slogans, workbooks, and power-point presentations. It's a rah-rah hug fest. You can't win games through the power of positive thinking. Was he the best coach in the MAC, or the best recruiter?
                    Ignore "Row The Boat" at your own peril mister...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• PJ Fleck could really recruit at Western, but that is his only area of expertise, though you could say motivating his players too. He's not an Xs and Os coach, he'll only go as far as his coordinator hires.

I don't think you look for a coach in the MAC, long way from there to the B1G. I'd like to see a coach have success at the American/ Mountain West level.

Comment

• "I don't think you look for a coach in the MAC, long way from there to the B1G."

Yeah Urban was a flop going from Bowling Green to Utah and on to three national titles. Glad he didn't land in the BIG. Oh..wait...he did.

Comment

• Utah was in the Mountain West at the time, so I don't follow your point.

Comment

• Bo would have been a better example, but one example is hardly enough. I agree that ideally you want somebody who's coached as a more-than-MAC program.

Comment

• How about Ara?. At one point Miami Ohio was considered the "Cradle of coaches" As for you WM I guess you forgot Urban went undefeated at Utah and kicked the shit out of Pitt in a "BCS Bowl Game" But what the hell, he still wasn't ready for the BIG. Had to go hang out in FLA for a while to "learn the ropes".

Comment

• FFS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X