Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I'm not worried about: losing Jake Coker at QB and Derrick Henry at RB.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thx for that ......

What's the seniority/experience left to right on the OL?

I'm getting the picture from you that it's really young.

Not to say Alabama's OL coaching is anything like the CF that M underwent before Tim Drevno showed up with JH and had to start from square one with even a good deal of talent to work with, but breaking in young OL, no matter what the talent level, can be hard.

What's your take?
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• LT, Cam Robinson, JR, All-American. No issues.

LG, Lester Cotton or Dallas Warmack. Both Sophomores, but both have a lot of time in the system and both got a lot of snaps last year. Each earned a letter. No issues.

C, Ross Pierschbacher, RS Soph, earned a varsity letter. Has a lot of snaps. Has a good back up with JC Hassenhauer, JR with two varsity letters. No issues.

RG and RT are the two freshmen I noted above with the converted DLineman as backup. We have big issues here.

Alphonse Taylor (RG) was the young man recently suspended for a DUI who may get off. It was reported today that he had a BAC of .000, and he has vehemently denied drugs. His defense attorney is suggesting he may have had food poisioning as a reason he lost control and hit a car, and had a possible concussion after the wreck to explain why he failed a field sobriety test. I dunno if he is innocent or guilty, but we could use him if he's cleared, no doubt.
        Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 30, 2016, 12:56 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Alabama players on NFL rosters:

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            ...... RG and RT are the two freshmen I noted above with the converted DLineman as backup. We have big issues here .....
            ...... and a Lefty QB coming in? That should be interesting.

Blitzomania.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              ...... and a Lefty QB coming in? That should be interesting.

Blitzomania.

The lefty may not start, but they will flip the line when he does.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/wEVyFBFg2UI[/ame]

2015 highlights. Love how they handled the Ole Miss score.

Comment

• Oh Texas A&M....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Derrick Henry scored a TD in 20 straight games for Bama. No other Tide RB is close to that mark.

Comment

• Is Auburn going to be any good this year?

What about Arky? I actually find myself kind of rooting for Big Bret for some reason. Call it lingering Big Ten pride.

Comment

• I think Auburn is improved. 8, 9 wins.

Arkie will be very good. I think 10 wins. (his name is "Bert", btw...just fits much better). And Big Ten pride? I don't understand that at all. Like the guys who yell "SEC! SEC!"
                        Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 1, 2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• I'm not really emotionally invested in the guy's success. Maybe it's more that I want to feel better about him kicking our asses a few times. Seeing him succeed at Arkansas would help.

Comment

• I like the brand of football he puts out. On offense: Power blocking, overload one side of a line and a pulling guard. 2 TEs....sometimes three (!).

On defense, just a hard hitting fundamental team. Cover 2 in the secondary with some nice blitz packages and gap-shooting aggressiveness on the line.

Comment

• He has definitely found a niche with it.

He's in Year 4 at Arky and Year 4 at Wisconsin is when it really started to click for them.

Comment

• IIRC you saw him as a credible coaching solution should nothing truly exciting work out. Which I thought was a reasonable idea too.

Comment

Working...
                                X