X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by millenwasmyfavorite View Post
    Uhhhhhh what mutually exclusive quagmire is this --

RGR,

You are correct in that I am not going to have an actual conversation about why Detroit's Line wasn't better than Dallas' line. Or why Mitchell isn't better than Aikman. Or why Emmitt isn't so definitively good that he can be called the best of those three cowboys.

Those three benefited from each other at all times.

Think about what you are saying: LOMAS BROWN WON A SUPERBOWL. WITH THE GIANTS. NOT WITH THE LIONS. THEREFORE EMMITT IS BETTER THAN BARRY.

wtf?

Let's look at another premise:

You say, in so many words: Moore is better than Irvin.
    Me: No.
    You: SO, MOORE SUCKS?

Excellent. We're really getting somewhere

You: JEFF HASTINGS, "HEART" of THE STEELER's O LINE, "LEADING" THEM TO SUPERBOWLS. HE'S SO GOOD I DONT KNOW HIS ACTUAL LAST NAME. OOPS. OH THERE IT IS. HARTINGS. SO, LET ME START OVER

you: JEFF HARTINGS, "HART" (HEART) OF THE STEELER'S O LINE, "LEADING THEM TO SUPERBOWLS. I AM GOING TO PURPOSELY OMIT THAT HE WAS A DETROIT LIONS WHEN BARRY RAN FOR 2,000+ YDS and AVG 6.1 YPC

So, just in whole, let's see what we got:

Emmitt better than Sanders and the best of the three cowboys.

Mitchell better than Aikman

Moore better than Irvin

Lions OL was better than Cowboys.

Then also,

Various excellent players came in and out of the Detroit organization at various times, sometimes overlapping, sometimes not, and they also experienced the ultimate victory elsewhere, and as you specifically illustrate -- they were INTEGRAL pieces -- to those victories which is an indictment on the Lions, and further, is a non-derivative, valid and sound argument reflecting how much greater Emmitt is than Barry.

Holy shit. Yea, I am obviously saddled with the burden of proof here. This is the most compelling argument I have ever been hit with.

Aikman ain't shit, Mitchell better
    Irvin ain't shit, Moore better -- if I disagree IM SAYING HE SUCKS. YA YOU GOT ME. HERMAN MOORE SUCKS. YOU ABLE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES? HERE I'LL MAKE IT EASY. HE ISNT BETTER THAN IRVIN. SO HE SUCKS.
    That line ain't shit -- Detroit had LOMAS BROWN WHO HATED MITCHELL. AND HASTINGS. THE GREATEST HEART LEADER OF STEELERS HISTORY. HARTINGS. SHIT!!!!!!!! HARTINGS. GREATEST LEADER IN STEELERS SB HISTORY. HE WASTED IT IN DETROIT!!!! AWWWW FUCK.

Uhh, ya... Evidence... Rgr, get right on that
    That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying that the excuse that Barry was held back by his line is not rooted in fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Hahahaha!

Oh man I almost want to unblock him to see this arguement. In what world were either of those statements true?

Because Mitchell had better seasons of stats Im guessing? I thought it was about wins not stats?

The OL comment is just straight up insanity. Dallas had one of the best all time OL.
      Stop lying dude.

Comment

• By your (lack of) logic, Barry didn't need to make those around him better. he was surrounded by BETTER talent than Emmit. Your claims.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Here is another theory for you to disprove:

Water is Wet.

Have at it,hoss.
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            By your (lack of) logic, Barry didn't need to make those around him better. he was surrounded by BETTER talent than Emmit. Your claims.
            I get it, I hurt your little feelings of your man love for Barry.......But I didn't say Barry was surrounded by BETTER talent.......I said the talent around him didn't hold him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              The fact that you think I need to answer it with a name just proves you don't understand my stance at all.

If STAFFORD is the end all bad ass QB to end all bad ass QB's and he can't win when it matters, it apparently doesn't matter as to whom is behind center. They can lose just the same with Stafford or Swanson.

BUT, if you don't try another QB, you'll never know, you'll just continue to settle.

"You," being used in the general sense for the team brass not trying another way.
              I think if you said:

"BUT, if you don't try to attain another QB capable to be groomed to take over for him in the future, you'll never know.

I would be cool with that. Heck, I would welcome it.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                ...So, let's just rid the NFL of all of its individual stats since it's a TEAM game.

That's how FN lame the logic is to me that Stafford gets excuses thrown up all over you in regards to winning games but if you talk about his fantasy football stats (that do not matter), the love fest lights up. Oh, his fans love to brag when he throws for 5000 yards and many TD's stat wise but you bring up the most important stat of all, WINS, and instantly you get excuses.
                Nope. MS isn't actually a fantasy starter. And that's only if some guy in your league grabs 2-3 starter quality QBs early.

Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                Thats about right this early in his (Carr's) career with a bad team...
                The Riaders are a much better team (and Coach) then the Lions.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  Not NEARLY enough shit in those diapers for that to be true.

Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                  So, has everyone agreed to disagree and move on yet?

Funniest post in this thread

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  I would recommend not wasting your breath. Dtwit lives in his own reality where normal logic and reasoned analysis don't apply.
                  Oh, it does... If you ommit 75% of the information available to you. Then it makes perfect sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    I think if you said:

"BUT, if you don't try to attain another QB capable to be groomed to take over for him in the future, you'll never know.

I would be cool with that. Heck, I would welcome it.
                    Kaaya is a start
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                      I get it, I hurt your little feelings of your man love for Barry.......But I didn't say Barry was surrounded by BETTER talent.......I said the talent around him didn't hold him back.
                      You said Barry was surrounded by players who 'LED OTHER TEAMS TO SUPERBOWLS'.

Weird that those phenoms could not do that in Detroit. Really weird. it's almost like they didn't lead any team to anything in reality.

It's almost like they were just on better complete teams, period when they went to Superbowls. Almost like the rest of the cast of characters on the teams made a difference, even when those giants among men were in the mix.

Weird. It almost seems that you are just completely talking stupid shit out your bitch-ass Emmit-loving mouth.

Weird.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        You said Barry was surrounded by players who 'LED OTHER TEAMS TO SUPERBOWLS'.

Weird that those phenoms could not do that in Detroit. Really weird. it's almost like they didn't lead any team to anything in reality.

It's almost like they were just on better complete teams, period when they went to Superbowls. Almost like the rest of the cast of characters on the teams made a difference, even when those giants among men were in the mix.

Weird. It almost seems that you are just completely talking stupid shit out your bitch-ass Emmit-loving mouth.

Weird.
                        Yes I did, in response to Millinismyfavorate saying those exact same players couldn't block and prevented Barry from having an impact in the playoffs.....try to keep up

Comment

• Lions Fans.

Comment

• Dpatnod please dont quote him. That gives all of us a perfect view of the mind of a troll.

We have him blocked for a reason
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yep, if you nothing to support your excuses post a picture. How fucking pathetic. You should at least explain why Lomas Brown, Jeff Hastings, and Kevin Glover were not outstanding lineman. Brown and Hartings are largely regarded to be the best to play in the league, obviously you don't think so, why not?

Comment

• So, in DimWit’s bizzaro-world,
                                In the 90’s
                                Detroit’s Oline >>>>> Dallas Oline
                                Mitchell >>>> Aikman (and since QB is all that matters, clearly the Lions had several SB championships in the 90’s)
                                Moore >>>> Irvin
                                BUT Moore, Perriman and Morton <<<< CJ, Durham and… Mike Williams I guess?
                                Also Porcher wasn’t shit
                                Barry wasn’t shit either.
                                Emmit is a dream boat.

Barry playing on that Dallas team would have put Emmit's accomplishments to shame. Period.

Move along.
                                Last edited by dpatnod; August 3, 2017, 02:54 PM.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X