X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Bah, the haterade is strong.
    Bah, yourself.

Solely on its own merits, I really couldn't care less where he went. Hell, simply for his own championship aspirations, he made the best move he could have possibly made.

But when he constructs his soap box and wags his finger at this "superteam" building and embracing the role of Lebron's foil after "The Decision"... then the very first opportunity he gets he does the exact same thing? Fuck him.

If Durant can't take the heat in the kitchen, he shouldn't have declared himself the chef.

Comment

• Hypocrisy never stops, KD takes the short road. Still way better than Lakers/Celtics ever rising back to the top for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Bah, yourself.

Solely on its own merits, I really couldn't care less where he went. Hell, simply for his own championship aspirations, he made the best move he could have possibly made.

But when he constructs his soap box and wags his finger at this "superteam" building and embracing the role of Lebron's foil after "The Decision"... then the very first opportunity he gets he does the exact same thing? Fuck him.

If Durant can't take the heat in the kitchen, he shouldn't have declared himself the chef.
        Well technically it isn't his first opportunity ... he could've Monroe'd his way out of OKC years ago
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• The problem with the NBA is twofold.

Because it only takes 1 great player on a team to make it competitive, it is easy to "fix" a team fast.

The other situation is the current mind set of the player. No loyalty, which I don't necessarily have a problem with since owners are also not loyal, but the mind set that, fuck the NBA and the fans, I'm gonna get my ring no matter what.

The players only think in short term, don't care about big picture of product or legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            Well technically it isn't his first opportunity ... he could've Monroe'd his way out of OKC years ago
            He "could" have one year after he made himself into the "superstar who plays the game the right way."

Nah, there was no way he didn't resign with OKC in that case.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Bah, yourself.

It sounds like you care a whole lot.

Comment

• He said that 6 years ago. I think he's allowed to change his mind, and I don't think he had much faith in OKC to get him a ring, so he left.
                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  It sounds like you care a whole lot.
                  That he went to another team rather than stay in OKC? Nah, I don't care the slightest.

That he's a little hypocrite? Yeah, I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                    He said that 6 years ago. I think he's allowed to change his mind, and I don't think he had much faith in OKC to get him a ring, so he left.
                    He also constructed his public image as the "anti-Lebron" those entire six years. He wasn't going to chase a ring like those hacks that jumped on superteam bandwagons... nope, no sir...

But when he has the chance himself? Then he demonstrates that his entire persona was a load of bullshit. Fuck him. He's a hypocrite little bitch and deserves every hot take roasting him.
                    Last edited by chemiclord; July 4, 2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• I think he probably developed a bit of disdain for Westbrook (understandable) and/or saw the loss of Harden for nothing and potentially the loss of Westbrook next year.

Would've been better on him off he took the same deal in OKC really

Comment

• BTW I'm on board with him deserving the roasting

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                            I think he probably developed a bit of disdain for Westbrook (understandable) and/or saw the loss of Harden for nothing and potentially the loss of Westbrook next year.

Would've been better on him off he took the same deal in OKC really
                            Oh, I totally get him wanting out of OKC.

Hell, in a vacuum, I wouldn't have a problem with him hopping on with the Warriors.

But after he spent the better part of his career running with the entire "playing the right way" narrative? Fuck him. You don't get to discard a persona you created and cultivated once it's no longer convenient for your career without getting some heat.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; July 4, 2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• He and Horford should've both come to the Pistons.

Jackson, KCP, Durant, Horford, Drummond just fits so nicely

Comment

• I don't think the Pistons could afford Durant and Horford.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X