No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrazek stood on his head; Wings outshot 46-14 and get the W? Nice.
    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I could become re-interested.

Is Mrazek that hot goalie a team needs to make a run? Didn't even know who he was until tonight. Lights out in the Wings goal. No question.

But how can this team have a chance when the opponent plays the game inside their own blue line for 80% of the game? Tampa just has to keep players around the goal and jam the puck. Not that hard..... if they'd stop trying to look good by shooting from the top of the circle where Mrazek has a clear line of site and can make the stop.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nice to see a Wings goalie steal one for a change.

Comment

• The Wings need to cut some deadweight in the offseason and sign some free agents. Franzen and Cleary have got to go. I don't expect Zetterberg to be around a lot longer at this point either. He's a pale shadow of his former self at this point and he's going to be washed up in another year or two.

Remember how everyone thought that Ken Holland was a genius a few years ago for all of those long term deals he put together to cheat the salary cap? The downside is coming now. If Zetterberg sticks around, he's going to have a huge salary cap hit even when he's only making a couple mil a year.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I think their "A" guy was doing Calgary-Vancouver. Can't recall his name but he used to do the voice for the NHL video game years ago. For at least 3 years I thought it was just an automated robot voice until I heard him on the HNIC late game. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
          Chris Cuthbert was doing the Calgary-Vancouver game. He's a career "B" guy. High pitched voice for an announcer but great elocution and excellent goal calls. I know the guy that you are talking about though. I grew to like him after a couple of years. The guy doing the Ottawa-Montreal game, however, is "Fox Sports Southwest" caliber material.
          Last edited by Hannibal; April 17, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Wings down 4-0 to Tampa, gonna try to get tickets for game 5 now that Detroit earned the split and frankly it doesn't get any better on the road in the playoffs.

NHL draft lottery tonight at 7:30pm. The franchise that lands Conner McDavid has a real chance at reversing its fortune. Kid skates like Bobby Orr, sees the ice like Gretzky and handles the puck like Lemieux!

No look Backhand pass between-the-legs, OHL playoffs, Wow.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...e-legs-assist/

Last edited by Prime2; April 18, 2015, 03:53 PM.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Oilers win NHL draft lottery, secure 1st-overall pick
              Josh Gold-Smith Apr 18 2015, 08:18PM
              Connor McDavid is likely Edmonton-bound.

The Oilers won the draft lottery Saturday night, giving them the first overall pick in the upcoming NHL Entry Draft.

Edmonton has the opportunity to select McDavid, the game's top prospect widely viewed as a generational talent, when the draft begins on June 26 in Sunrise, Fla.

Here's a look at the first-round draft order for all 14 lottery teams

Draft Order:

Edmonton
              Buffalo
              Arizona
              Toronto
              Carolina
              New Jersey
              Philadelphia
              Columbus
              SanJose
              Colorado
              Florida
              Dallas
              LA
              Boston
              Last edited by Prime2; April 18, 2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                Oilers win NHL draft lottery, secure 1st-overall pick
                Josh Gold-Smith Apr 18 2015, 08:18PM
                Connor McDavid is likely Edmonton-bound.

The Oilers won the draft lottery Saturday night, giving them the first overall pick in the upcoming NHL Entry Draft.

Edmonton has the opportunity to select McDavid, the game's top prospect widely viewed as a generational talent, when the draft begins on June 26 in Sunrise, Fla.

Here's a look at the first-round draft order for all 14 lottery teams

Draft Order:

Edmonton
                Buffalo
                Arizona
                Toronto
                Carolina
                New Jersey
                Philadelphia
                Columbus
                SanJose
                Colorado
                Florida
                Dallas
                LA
                Boston
                Edmonton will select first overall for the fourth time in the last six years. The Oilers drafted Taylor Hall in 2010, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in 2011 and Nail Yakupov in 2012.

Kinda were #1 picks go to die. Hottest player since Crosby to hit the NHL, expect several clubs to offer a ton of assets similarly as the Nordiques/Lindros enjoyed...Oil would be nuts to trade the pick though.

Edmonton Oilers win top pick in NHL Draft Lottery: http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=764037
                Last edited by Prime2; April 18, 2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Conner McDavid highlights as he destroys Jr. Major Hockey.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/a...onnor-mcdavid/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...th-highlights/

Comment

• I said the very samething when I didn't hit that 550M Powerball too.

League officials drew the balls, each team eligible may send 2 representatives that remain present during the process.

Re: Wings. You gotta think positive, opening on the road in the playoffs and getting a split!?!

Game 3 at the Joe will tell it all IMO, but surrendering 5 goals in a playoffs, that's brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                      ....... Re: Wings. You gotta think positive, opening on the road in the playoffs and getting a split!?!

Game 3 at the Joe will tell it all IMO, but surrendering 5 goals in a playoffs, that's brutal.
                      Howard was also terrible in relief of Mrazek. Don't think he is the savior and Howard has been mostly bad all season with the injuries and all .... let alone he just seems done.

That game 2 was more a foreshadowing of what the rest of them will look like. The Wings have played defense terribly throughout the season and that tendency is highly predictive of the outcome of the series.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Wings win another game in the series. This is just like last year against Boston. Steal game 1 on the road then get trucked 4 straight. We just don't have the talent anymore. Babcock is the only thing keeping the playoff streak alive.

Comment

• And Babcock is done after this year. I'll bet he goes back to Winterpig.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Babcock is the only thing keeping the playoff streak alive.
                            Is he? I haven't been impressed by what he has gotten out of his players the past four years or so. You've got some guys who have prospered since they left Detroit (e.g. Hudler) while you've got some free agents who have been brought in and have been poop (Weiss). Remember when the opposite was always true? He hasn't been bad either but I think that his time in Detroit has probably run its course. It might be time to bring up that guy from Grand Rapids.

Comment

• Sounds like a cash issue, if the Wings make him the highest paid coach in the NHL, he is staying in Detroit.

Doesn't count against the CAP, deal probably gets done IMO.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...d-keep-me-here

Comment

• I thought I read a while back that the Red Wings put an 8 year, $24 mil offer on the table which would make him the highest paid coach in league history. If that's true and he didn't sign it, then that's not good for us. I expect Toronto and Brendan Shannahan to back up the Brinks truck this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X