No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemme guess...Obama reference? Amirite?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• We have nobody but ourselves to thank for Putin. Oil and gas is something around a third of Russian GDP. Putin would be nowhere close to as powerful as he is now were it not for a decade of oil at $100 thanks to Bush/Cheney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        LOL at the forum Liberals suddenly finding a dislike of brutal dictators and Americans who praise them.

Oh, the irony.
        Seems like an awfully gross generalization. Nearing extreme recklessness. I recognize that some liberals are knee-jerk supporters of the dictators in the crosshairs of US foreign policy, but it doesn't seem like we have that many of them here. And plenty of the liberals here have for a long time spotted and disapproved of brutal dictators.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I think Pol Pot sucked. I think Idi Amin sucked. I think Stalin was a horrendous motherfucker, but I'm not sure the Russians beat the Germans w/o him. I also think Ghenghis Khan was a pretty spectacular leader.

Anywho. That's that.
          Maybe, maybe not. The flip-side to Stalin's essentialness...Stalin single-handedly decimated the officer corps of the Soviet Army during his purges of '38. Good military minds got replaced by Stalin lickspittles and commissars. He also chose to ignore warnings brought to him by the KGB and military intelligence that the Nazis were massing huge numbers of troops on the border because he refused to believe Hitler would break his word. When Operation Barbarossa began he had some sort of two week nervous breakdown and cut himself off from the rest of the government, talking wildly about fleeing to the Urals, and burning Moscow to the ground behind him.

Agree on Putin. His current military adventurism is to distract the Russian people from the economy. They have an election in the next couple weeks, btw, and just banned the only independent polling company left in Russia...probably because they showed Putin's party with it's lowest level of support in years

Comment

• Yeah, domestic support is a lot lower than the official numbers. Pussy Riot, etc. etc.

Comment

• DSL:

Agree re Stalin...."maybe, maybe not" = "I'm not sure that"
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                Lemme guess...Obama reference? Amirite?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                Nope. More like "entire Democrat party" reference. Do you want me to pull out the encyclopedia of quotes from a variety of Liberal media types and Democrat politicians praising Fidel Castro and Cuba's health care system and high literacy rates? Do I need to list all of the celebrities and Liberal politicians who have visited and cozied up with Leftist dictators?

Speaking of Obama...

Here was the Obama Houston campaign headquarters a few years back...

You guys really are a hoot. Please continue.
                Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Ah! The entire party! I should have guessed! By golly, you done found us out.

How disappointing...I suppose I need to dispose of my Vlad Lenin-bottlecap collage now, darn the luck.

Comment

• Lets not forget that Stalin's generous securing of Hitler's Eastern flank went a long ways towards the demise of the French/English counterbalance in the West. That turned out to be a wee miscalculation.

Comment

• Funny I don't remember any Liberal Democrats all being outraged at Obama's photo-op in front of the Che Guevara mural and vehemently disagreeing with the "outlier" extremists who praised Fidel Castro and the Cuban health care system. But I am sure that there were huge volumes of them and I just never heard them because I'm a close-minded bumpkin who just listens to Rush Limbaugh!

Here's everyone's favorite humanitarian, Jimmy Carter, palling around with Hugo Chavez!

Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• And Fidel Castro, the inspiration for Socialized medicine in the United States! He tortures and kills people, but at least they get free medical care!
                        Last edited by Hannibal; September 9, 2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Once, I had a guy link me a picture of dinosaur, painted in cave, as evidence that the Biblical timeline was real.

For some reason, that seems relevant right now.

Comment

• Who praised Fidel Castro? I am unaware of anyone claiming that Castro was a better leader than GWB or any other American politician. I'll happily denounce that if you can give me the quote.

I have no problem at all with recognizing other leaders accomplishments or meeting with them. I would have had no problem with Trump saying that he thought Putin was great at ducking taxes for example. But claiming that he is a great leader is a bridge way too far.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Who praised Fidel Castro? I am unaware of anyone claiming that Castro was a better leader than GWB or any other American politician. I'll happily denounce that if you can give me the quote.

I have no problem at all with recognizing other leaders accomplishments or meeting with them. I would have had no problem with Trump saying that he thought Putin was great at ducking taxes for example. But claiming that he is a great leader is a bridge way too far.
                                Well, for most people...including Jonah Goldberg. And where you find yourself outside of Jonah's right flank, you are well and truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X