Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC put a lot of pressure on Hunwick and the D in that last 30 seconds---I thought for an instant in that last second or 2 that CC was gonna find the net!

"Whew" is about right, Jamie---we just held on end the end for dear life!

Comment

• I thought one of those shots with about 20 seconds left was in! Michigan really failed to put this game away. They should have been up 3-0 or 4-0. Oh well, final score is all that matters!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
        I thought one of those shots with about 20 seconds left was in! Michigan really failed to put this game away. They should have been up 3-0 or 4-0. Oh well, final score is all that matters!
        Yeah, woulda been nice NOT to have a nail-biter at the end----what did we out-shoot them by, wasn't it something like 43-21? But I give their goalie Joe Howe a lot of credit, he made some huge saves against us, especially that wide-open breakaway opp by AJ Treis.

But a win is a win, whether it's by 1 or a half-dozen scores, and we advance. With only one #1 seed left, I'm cautiously starting to like our chances----Hunwick and the defense have played 5-straight great periods after starting out real shaky in the first period yesterday

I just wish it wasn't such a long wait 'til the FROZEN FOUR!
        Last edited by Rob F; March 26, 2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

•   MEN   WOMEN           Beach Volleyball NC     Baseball DI DII DIII   Basketball DI DII DIII Basketball DI DII DIII   Field Hockey DI DII DIII Football FCS DII DIII   Ice Hockey NC   DIII Ice Hockey DI   DIII   Lacrosse DI DII DIII Lacrosse DI DII DII

Here's the brackets as of today---you'll notice there's a 12-day wait 'til our next game on Thursday 4/7, and a win puts us in the Championship Game on that Saturday. I wish they would stick to a consecutive-weekend type schedule like they do for the hoops tourney

Comment

• They don't want to compete with the basketball Final Four. Can't blame them. ESPN 2 carries the semifinals and the finals are on ESPN.

Great win tonight for Red and the boys. Once they get to the Frozen Four the season is a qualified success and you're playing with house money. CCHA champs + Frozen Four = great season.

Comment

• Man, those guys announcing the Merrimac vs Notre Dame game sure hated on the Irish a lot. They were calling their goals "flukey".

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, nearly ALL hockey goals are "flukey". There's not much scoring as it is, so when a puck actually goes in, there's got to be some element of "luck" involved, no matter who the team is.

I actually sort of rooted for the Irish tonight. Wouldn't it be funny if it was Mich v ND for the NC?

heh
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thanks for the recaps, guys. Did not get to see either game but felt as if I watched them.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Not Wolverines, but definitely hockey---Red's old Red Wings teammate, Gordie Howe, turns 83 tomorrow.

Happy Birthday #9!!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Mr Hockey!

In other news, Alabama now has a hockey team?

Comment

• April Fools joke

Comment

• LOL NO!

Comment

• They play in Division III of the ACHA which is the governing body for club hockey. It isn't an NCAA program.

Comment

• Hillbilly Ice Capades.....
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• hey now ... "hillbilly" hits a little close to home here ...

... but the description is apt

Comment

Working...
                                X