Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What chu talkin bout Willis? Strange stories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joao Maria De Souza, Brazilian Man, Killed By Cow That Fell Through Bedroom Roof

Ryan Grenoble
    The Huffington Post
    Jul 13, 2013

A Brazilian man died due to injuries sustained when a cow fell through the roof of his bedroom while he was sleeping.

Joao Maria de Souza and his wife, Leni were asleep in bed when the 3,000 pound cow crashed through the roof, reports the Telegraph. The cow is believed to have escaped from a nearby farm, then walked onto the roof which abuts a steep hillside. Unable to support the load, the roof caved in, at which point the bovine fell 8 feet onto de Souza's side of the bed.

While his wife and the animal were fine, de Souza suffered a fractured leg and was taken to the hospital. After spending several hours at the hospital, the 45-year-old Brazilian passed away, likely a result of internal bleeding.

"Being crushed by a cow in your bed is the last way you expect to leave this earth," de Souza's brother told Hoje em Dia, a Brazilian newspaper, in a translation provided by the Telegraph. "But in my view it wasn't the cow that killed our Joao, it was the unacceptable time he spent waiting to be examined."

Contacted by SuperCanal, a Brazilian TV station, the hospital denied any wrongdoing and maintained de Souza received adequate care.

According to the Daily Mail, De Souza's mother, Maria, told SuperCanal: "I didn't bring my son up to be killed by a falling cow. He nearly died when he was two and got meningitis, but I worked hard to buy medicines for him and he survived."

"And now he's lying in his bed and gets crushed to death by a cow," she continued. "There's no justice in the world."

Per Hoje em Dia, the owner of the cow has yet to be identified, but may face charges related to de Souza's death.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• "And now he's lying in his bed and gets crushed to death by a cow," she continued. "There's no justice in the world."

I'm sure the cow will get capital punishment.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I can hear the conversation now.

Prisoner 1: Hey, what you in for?

New Prisoner: My cow got loose.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I wonder if the cow will claim self defense?

Comment

• the deceased used the sleep your ground approach
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Will prosecution bring murder charges against the cow when it was clearly self-defense

Comment

• The Cow was taught to come back.

It did not yield to new territory therefore, it is an aggressive animal.

It should be steaks tomorrow, then the rest of the conversation is cud.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                    I wonder if the cow will claim self defense?
                    No, but other sleeping Brazilians will claim that the killing was motivated by species profiling. And their advocates on all the media outlets will express their outrage by coming on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. and sleep during their interviews to demonstrate that the "victim" was doing nothing wrong but trying to catch a few ZZZZs after running to the local store a few miles down the rut-filled road to get some pinto beans and some well water.

Meanwhile, wide awake Brazilian contributors on those stations will show their righteous indignation by nodding or shaking their heads (depending on the question) and uttering "Hmmmmmm", "Oh yes, yes", "That is so right", or "So horrible, so horrible", or "What if I was a sleeping Brazilian? It's not fair, not fair", or "I'm not even a sleeping Brazilian. In fact, I'm not sleeping OR Brazilian. I'm totally white, Jewish, and a beautiful woman, and come from an extremely wealthy family and have no idea what it's like to be a sleeping Brazilian. But I'm going to sit here on TV and voice my opinion on the side of the sleeping Brazilians because I am totally ignorant and stupid and only want to come across that I have some sort of feelings for a sleeping Brazilian farmer so brutally killed only because I have a totally white red-haired son who is probably currently sleeping under a wooden roof at Sleep Away camp. So, I can relate."

Geezus.
                    It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post
                      No, but other sleeping Brazilians will claim that the killing was motivated by species profiling. And their advocates on all the media outlets will express their outrage by coming on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. and sleep during their interviews to demonstrate that the "victim" was doing nothing wrong but trying to catch a few ZZZZs after running to the local store a few miles down the rut-filled road to get some pinto beans and some well water.

Meanwhile, wide awake Brazilian contributors on those stations will show their righteous indignation by nodding or shaking their heads (depending on the question) and uttering "Hmmmmmm", "Oh yes, yes", "That is so right", or "So horrible, so horrible", or "What if I was a sleeping Brazilian? It's not fair, not fair", or "I'm not even a sleeping Brazilian. In fact, I'm not sleeping OR Brazilian. I'm totally white, Jewish, and a beautiful woman, and come from an extremely wealthy family and have no idea what it's like to be a sleeping Brazilian. But I'm going to sit here on TV and voice my opinion on the side of the sleeping Brazilians because I am totally ignorant and stupid and only want to come across that I have some sort of feelings for a sleeping Brazilian farmer so brutally killed only because I have a totally white red-haired son who is probably currently sleeping under a wooden roof at Sleep Away camp. So, I can relate."

Geezus.
                      Quality
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Women charged $5 per scream while giving birth

1:20 PM, July 12, 2013 |
                        1 Comments

• A
                        • A

A hospital in Zimbabwe charges women $5 for every time they scream during labor. / U.S. Bureau of Engraving and Printing via AP

By John Johnson

Newser

• Filed Under

The Washington Post has spotted an almost too-hard-to-believe nugget from an international report on corruption: A hospital in Zimbabwe charges women $5 for every time they scream during labor.
                        In theory, it's to curb "false alarms," but it's really about "separating mothers from their money," writes Max Fisher.
                        ■Related story: This exists: Cola-flavored wine
                        Zimbabwean hospitals also typically charge a $50 delivery fee, which may not sound like much until you realize it amounts to a third of an average citizen's yearly income, says Transparency International. That helps explain why so many women opt to give birth at home, and why the United Nations estimates that eight Zimbabwean women die each day in childbirth.
                        The overall report also found that 1 in 4 people paid a bribe last year.

Comment

• Just put a rag in her mouth. Problem solved. :-)

Very nice Kansas.
                          Last edited by DanO; July 16, 2013, 09:37 AM.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                            I wonder if the cow will claim self defense?
                            Hes got all his bases covered too. Hes white and black.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas View Post

Geezus.
                              lol
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Hes got all his bases covered too. Hes white and black.
                                The PC term is bi-racial

Comment

Working...
                                X