No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a feeling that's what Holland will opt for.

Comment

• If Lidstrom AND Rafalski both retire, the Wings will be hurting pretty bad.

Comment

• Lidstrom wouldn't do that with Rafalski leaving. That would be devastating to the team.

Comment

• Unbelievable finish to the Sharks-Canucks game. San Jose finds another way to (choke) be eliminated.
          Last edited by WingsFan; May 25, 2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• What a fantastic way for them to lose. Couldn't happen to a better group of douchebags.

Comment

• Yep, if it wasn't the Sharks I would actually feel bad for them. They outplayed Vancouver tonight, looked like they were going to win in regulation.

Comment

• Livonia's Kesler, gets the game-tying goal, with an net empty and 14 seconds left on the clock, Conn Smythe performance.

Joe Thornton played game five with a separated shoulder, Loungo stops 54/56 shots, carried the team, shut the door, He's getting better each game. San Jose deserved to send it back to CA for game 6 but your goalie steals the game.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I've lost count of how many games the Wings have lost in similar fashion. Hockey can be a real bitch sometimes.

Here's hoping Boston wins tonight. That would make for a great final, IMO.

Comment

• Looks as if Jeff's $10.00 isn't going to keep atlanta from moving.

WINNIPEG - A deal between True North Sports and Entertainment, the Atlanta Spirit Group and the NHL to move the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg is inching forward but still requires some work.
                    Multiple sources involved in the negotiations said Thursday that there are a number of items remaining to be worked out before a deal can be closed and an official announcement made.
                    A source said the purchase price of $110 million US for the Thrashers and a $60 million relocation fee going to the league are set.
                    Details described as ?consent, owner approval, proof of financial information, etc.? remain on the table.
                    ?There are complex issues that take time to work through,? said a source.
                    It's understood none of the issues are deal-breakers but until they are resolved the sale cannot be completed.
                    There were hopes that an announcement could be made Thursday or Friday but it appears none will be possible until next week unless major progress can be made in short order.

I had read somewhere that this could start a trend with southern teams (phoenix, florida, tb and possibly columbus) moving to Canada. Cities like Quebec, Saskatoon and possibly Toronto (Markham area) have been mentioned. Biggest problem for Canadian franchises is not filling the seats, but not enough corpoate sponsors to help pay the bills which I believe is betmans preference. With the dollar value around par, it should be interesting to see what will transpire in the next few years.

Comment

• Tough to compete George, Thomson is worth 23 billion, crowing jewel, Reuters News Agency. Of course he inherited from his father which is the smart way, Forbes has them listed as the 4th wealthiest family in the world. If a billionaire wants to buy an NHL franchise not much will stop that.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• If a billionaire wants to buy an NHL franchise not much will stop that.

Does that include Jim Basille?

Comment

• Sure in Seattle, Saskatoon, Hamilton or Quebec City...there are 11 "up for sale" so speak. It appears Phoenix was the wrong battleground for Mr. BlackBerry.

Comment

• Vancouver vs. Boston, should be a stellar final!

Vancouver in SIX, too much speed and scoring depth, Luongo is playing well too.

Hey Mike, NHL Salary Cap site you might like.

Comment

• WINNIPEG TALKS PROGRESSING TOWARDS POSSIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT

5/30/11

The Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg situation has narrowed to a point where it's quite possible there could be an announcement as early as Tuesday.

Lawyers on the Winnipeg side have signed off on the deal and the Atlanta legal team is doing their due diligence today. If they sign off on the deal, the sale will go through, pending league approval.

If there is no announcement Tuesday, the next likely target would be Thursday.

Once an agreement has been reached, True North is expected to launch a season ticket drive.

Comment

• I love this final, Canadian team and an original six team. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X