No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seen that - here it is - what mad skills Putin has :-)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teO8ZtQA6K4"]Putin scores, crowd cheers: Russian President shows off hockey skills in Sochi - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Where's bobby Clarke when you need him?
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Update, Ovechkin released from hospital, will miss the next game or more but appears OK?

Nasty but legal hip check clipped him. I actually like the guy, charismatic hell of a goal scorer that never back checks...I guess that's Washington's problem.

Selfie.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 19, 2014, 10:31 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Actually Ovie needs a makeover, that's no yatch and that's not how you party, he's pure sminge! Would like to see Ovie in Miami Beach this summer, will introduce him to Some proper Russian hookers, the place is crawling with 'em.

"Party Like A Rockstar: DC sports fans have plenty reasons to keep their heads held high this summer....Alexander Ovechkin living up to his badass reputation by fleeing the Potmac swamp to party on a "yacht" in Turkey. Ovenchkin’s fan blog has three pictures of his summer vacation, including two with some sexy models from Moscow." Circa 2010

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Time to "run" Linqvist boys, eye for an eye!

Canadiens' Carey Price will miss the balance of the Eastern Conference Final with injury

Between posting a career high save percentage, winning an Olympic gold medal as a starter, and leading an underdog Montreal Canadiens team to an Eastern Conference Finals berth - Canadiens goaltender Carey Price was in the midst of a career year.

But this is a tough way for that season to come to an end:

"I'm really disappointed" added Therrien per Sportsnet's Chris Johnston. "Obviously he's our best player. Look at the incident it's a reckless play. That's the truth."

Comment

• It was a hockey play. Not dirty.

Comment

• Yeah, yeah, yeah. full-speed to the net, you're either going to follow the puck into the net after you score or even better yet make contact, especially skate-first with the goalie.

Lightning will strike twice.

In addressing Price's extended absence, Canadiens coach Michel Therrien poured gasoline on the conflagration by describing Kreider's play as "reckless." Therrien proceeded to note Kreider's history of crease crashing, "And Kreider, this is not the first time that he is going at goalies," Therrien said per Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 19, 2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Since when did Nashville get into the playoffs??

When I was a kid I watched Hockey Night In Canada every Saturday night. So I seen almost all Toronto and Montreal games. The Red Wings were the 'Dead Things' and were on tv about 20 games a year.

Frenchieville fans back then was a like Michigan Football at the time, sold out every game, well educated, quiet, and never booed (and had terrific teams). Boy how things have changed (for both), but I'll stick to the stinking Les Habitants. Tonight Les Glorieux fans either were booing their own team or the officials. Even during the second period Doc Emrick was quoted "Every time A Canadian Falls The Fans Scream For A Penalty". Got a hand it to the Blueshirts though, what a turn around after falling behind Cindy and the Pens 3 games to 1.

Comment

• Kings beat Blackhawks 4-3. Drew Doughty doing his thing throwing old time hip checks, scoring goals, just another day at the office.

Kings vs Rangers it can still happen!

Comment

• LOL! Tooth missing is the greatest, yea and the sunglasses upside down !! :-D

Comment

• Rangers run Carey Price and Dustin Tokarski steps up big time for the Habs and steals game # 3.

No surprise really, won a Gold medal for Canada in 2009 World Jr. Tournament.

Recognizing a pattern Packy?

Will he steal game #4 too tonight?

Comment

• Dirty , stinkin' Ruskies, coach suspended for final. You'd think this B tournament actually meant something? Best-on-best of the Pros in Sochi, both countries were assrailed.

Anyway......

With Russia inching closer to a semifinal win over Sweden in the 2014 World Hockey Championship, the animosity between the two hockey powers spilled off the ice and onto the bench.

The exchange was typified by Russian boss Oleg Znarok pulling out the highly-illegal, yet unquestionably effective throat-slash gesture.

[Youtube]t2WVBNzcaow[/YouTube]

Comment

• IIHF suspends Russian coach, still runs team from press box. Just one of countless reasons why the greatest hockey superpower in the world, Canada pulled out of this bush league for over 10 years, what a fucking farce.

It appears James Bond's Octopussy is just now hitting Moscow theatres.

[Youtube]0HcjMHb906Y[/youtube]
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 25, 2014, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Rangers win in OT after playing all game with ticky tack BS penalties. Only one shot for the Rangers in OT Martin St. Louis does it again. I thought Tokarski could have played it better, come out a little more he seemed to duck a bit, perfect shot though by Marty.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X