No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha....someone tell Moose he's retired already....his numbers in the rafters.
    "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Yep I just checked that, I thought he led more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Because you didn't know about them!
        Clearly

Comment

• Feds also played defense when the Red Wings needed him to, he was the most complete player on those teams. I'm sure he sacrificed some offensive numbers when he was playing on the Blue Line.
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• From Wiki

Fedorov signed a free-agent contract with Anaheim for less than the Red Wings offered him after Detroit lost to Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs in 2003. He is fourth all-time in many offensive categories in Red Wings history behind Gordie Howe, Steve Yzerman and Alex Delvecchio. Only Howe, Yzerman, Delvecchio, Nicklas Lidstr?m, Tomas Holmstr?m and Kris Draper have played more games as a Red Wing.
            Bolt to Anaheim

In the 2003 offseason, Fedorov signed with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim after a long contract dispute with the Red Wings, in which he rejected deals for 5 years/$50 million and 4 years/$40 million. On December 3, 2003, Fedorov returned to Detroit for the first time since signing with the Ducks; he was booed heavily by Detroit fans every time he touched the puck during a 7-2 Red Wings victory.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I think Fedorov held the record for most consecutive playoffs with 20+ points at four or five.

Comment

• I felt defeated after Feds left us for ANA. That was a shitty summer.

on the flip side I also remember the rumors of us trading Yzerman for Pat Lafontaine. I think I read later that it was Scotty just trying to motivate Stevie Y but can you imagine if that happened?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• so according to Helen St. James, Babcock said the lines are starting off as:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Brunner
                  Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson
                  Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi
                  Tootoo-Abdelkader-Nyquist/Miller/Mursak

Kronwall-Ericsson
                  Quincey-Smith
                  White-Kindl/CC

Doesn't he start Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line every season and before the 1st week if not 1st game they are split up again. Maybe this year the second line gets rolling and they don't need to put Dats or Z on that line.
                  2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Isn't Filppula dinged up?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      I'm amazed at how people either dismiss Fedorov's contributions or act like he never worked hard.
                      Well, I assume you put me into that category.

Fact is, I have great respect for his talent. My anger comes from the fact he is the most talented player I have ever seen but he did not realize the big picture and how he could have been the best ever to play the game.

It is a fact, he took games off. It is a fact he took himself out of the lineup for things like a soar throat.

Hockey players are some of the heartiest athletes in professional sports. They play through incredible pain and injury. That was not one of Federovs hallmarks.

It is also a fact that he complained that he was under paid from the contract that paid him 26 Million in cash when the Wings made the Stanley Cup playoffs as a bonus but the subsequent years left on the contract were less than 2 million a year as base pay.

It is also a fact he signed with another franchise for less than he was offered by the wings.

Loops suggests that Federov was treated bush league when it came to contract negotiations. I would suggest that the Illitich organization has always been generous and fair to their players, but would not be held hostage by any given player. If there was a problem with contract negotiations, I would suggest it originated with the players Agent.

.......about the fans.

This is one of the most knowledgeable fan base for the game of hockey. The fans recognized his immense talent as well as his juvenile attitude. They applauded the former and booed the latter.

Edit: I also recall that it was rumored that in the last contract negotiations, Federov wanted the "C" to be a stipulation of the contract and the Wings were not going to take the C away from Yzerman to give it to Federov.
                      Last edited by Malto Marko; January 9, 2013, 06:27 AM.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I felt defeated after Feds left us for ANA. That was a shitty summer.

on the flip side I also remember the rumors of us trading Yzerman for Pat Lafontaine. I think I read later that it was Scotty just trying to motivate Stevie Y but can you imagine if that happened?
                        I thought the rumor was a trade for Lindros. Probably multiple rumors floating around back then.

Comment

• The trade was Yzerman to Ottawa for Alexei Yashin, Damian Rhodes and Ottawa's first round picks in 1996 and 1997.

Comment

• Loops suggests that Federov was treated bush league when it came to contract negotiations. I would suggest that the Illitich organization has always been generous and fair to their players, but would not be held hostage by any given player. If there was a problem with contract negotiations, I would suggest it originated with the players Agent.

Actually I'm not suggesting it, I'm saying it. The wikipedia article mentions that he rehected a 5 year 50 million deal. They tried the used car salesman approach in that deal. They offered it to him after a practice in a take it or leave it meeting in which his agent wasn't there. He wanted to talk to his agent and they said no and then the offer wasn't valid. The next offer was lower with 4 years 40 million during the season. And where wikipedia was wrong, that 4 year 40 million deal was not on the table when he took the Ducks offer, It was a lower offer than that. So yes an incredibly shrinking offer is what I call bush league, the used car salesman approach is what I call bush league.

You are talking on generalities on how the Wngs deal with player and you are correct, in the case of the Fedorov contract it was bush league. They shoulder a lot of the player.

And regardless, you don't let petty squabbles in the past prevent you from doing the right. Ilitch should have learned from the Sparky fiasco.

The right think is to put his number up in the rafters.

pANDs

You are absolutely, positively wrong by suggesting he decided not to play hard because of some contract disputes. You can't play great defense by not playing hard. And he alwys played great defense.
                            Last edited by froot loops; January 9, 2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                              The trade was Yzerman to Ottawa for Alexei Yashin, Damian Rhodes and Ottawa's first round picks in 1996 and 1997.
                              There was also another one the year before that had Yzerman going to Montreal for Mathieu Schneider and a first round pick.

Comment

• And another thing, I was unable to find ANY verifying evidence that at ANY point in ANY negotiations that Fedorov asked for the "C".

In fact, if he was such the flake he's described as... why would even WANT that target on his chest?

Comment

Working...
                                X