X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• froot - you might want to check ebay for a used ipad - would save you $
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• okay .... well so far I absolutely hate it. I don't know if it's the computer or the windows 8.

I can't get anywhere
      Forever One!

Comment

• As I type this there is a little blue square in the upper left corner. Have no idea what it does.

I can't find an address bar to save my life. I have to close down explorer and re-open it to change from one site to the next.

I'm lost
        Forever One!

Comment

• Hit the eject button

FFS man, read the manual for 10 mins
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Real men don't read manuals. That would be like following instructions when assembling something, which is against the real man code.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Time is money

Manuals save time

Comment

• Real men don't read manuals. That would be like following instructions when assembling something, which is against the real man code.
                This is not the case with computer devices. Real men learn how to use the tools they have to the best of their ability. RTFM
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  This is not the case with computer devices. Real men learn how to use the tools they have to the best of their ability. RTFM
                  YMMV

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                    As I type this there is a little blue square in the upper left corner. Have no idea what it does.

I can't find an address bar to save my life. I have to close down explorer and re-open it to change from one site to the next.

I'm lost
                    Right click anywhere on page to bring up the address bar.

My advice ... when you start up, click the "Desktop" tile. That will take you to the more traditional interface. When you start IE from there it will be the more traditional looking IE.

When you feel the urge to click the "start" button (which is no longer there), type the Windows+q key.

Comment

• The problem with the read the manual people is I thought Windows 8 was supposed to be the answer to Apple. Apple is the ultimate non RTFM OS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                        froot - you might want to check ebay for a used ipad - would save you $
                        I think we're just going to buy an Ipad mini. I had thought used or refurbished, but thats kind of hokey for a Christmas present.

Comment

• Day one with any generation of IOS isn't a cake walk either. It's just that people are used to it now. Apple has done a great of holding peoples hand while they introduce more and more advanced interface features. The apple store is all about getting people to understand how to do stuff and adopt how apple does things and less about actually making the sale (they'll make plenty of sales once a person is fully on board). Microsoft doesn't do that part nearly as well but they are trying
                          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Apple is the ultimate non RTFM OS.
                            I will find out soon enough. I fear this greatly.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Just go to the apple store if you have any problems. They are like costumer service nazi's. It's top notch. Actually I'd go to the apple store anyhow cause you will learn all kinds of things you didn't even know to ask about. It's free and unless it's absolutely packed (actually the case this time of year) then you'll get help fast... on second thought try and go during an off peak shopping time.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• well I accidently stumbled into the 'desktop' mode which I like much better.

My question ... do I need a Microsoft ID? It sure seems this computer wants me to have one.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X