No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings landed Erik Cole for basically a 2nd round pick and 2 prospects that weren't ever going to make the roster. IMO it was a really nice move by Holland. Sounds like Holland phoned in a favor to Jimmy Nill and he gift wrapped him and sent him to The D.

Its not a defenseman that we need but I'm happy to not overpay. Now if we could add Oulette to the lineup and drop Ericsson we'd be doing great.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Cole was one of my favorite non-Wings when I lived in NC. Gritty, and Nashville showed us that teams are going to start playing a physical game against the Wings.

Comment

• Dallas Drake 2.0?

I still can't believe what Drake brought to that cup run. He literally owned opposing teams during the playoffs that year. He was everywhere.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Zidlicky for a 3rd rounder (goes to 2nd if they make finals). Nice move for a right handed D man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
            Go Ducks!

.....for tonight only :-o!
            Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Looks like its a close game. I hope you're having a good time Gonz!

Make sure you sign into the fantasy baseball league soon
            Originally posted by Drew View Post
            Hope you and the fam had a great time, Gonz.
            Down 2-0 going to the third felt bleak but the Ducks kept plugging and hitting like a freight train and eventually the tide turned. It was good to see the Faider-esque Kings fans literally getting their asses beat and kicked out of the pond for their thug behavior on top of things.

The kid was hyped about the comeback and the fact that the loud pro kings fans in the suite directly behind us slowly, and quietly slinked away as the lead disappeared was not lost on her.

Like the lead, they and their bravado disappeared.

I Fn hate Los Angelenos sports fan. Fn losers
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Malto Marko

Quote:

The Red Wings and Ducks had a brewing rivalry the last few seasons the Red Wings played in the Western Conference.*

That includes the tense seven-game, first-round series in the lockout-shortened 2013 postseason won by the Red Wings.*

“Anaheim, Chicago, I’d say those were the two big rivals,” Abdelkader said. “We know these teams, their tendencies and how we need to play to win.”*

*So who will be the first to apologize to me for mocking my statements that the Ducks looked to the Wings as a big rival? I said it over and over with little acceptance. Geography be damned. Anaheim wanted DET all the time. Me too.
              Last edited by Panoptes; March 2, 2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                Wings landed Erik Cole for basically a 2nd round pick and 2 prospects that weren't ever going to make the roster. IMO it was a really nice move by Holland. Sounds like Holland phoned in a favor to Jimmy Nill and he gift wrapped him and sent him to The D.

Its not a defenseman that we need but I'm happy to not overpay. Now if we could add Oulette to the lineup and drop Ericsson we'd be doing great.
                Considering the trade deadline is here, this is timely from the Ducks Bob Murray:

On the prices of players on the market

I was talking with [Red Wings Executive Vice President & General Manager] Ken Holland last night, and we were laughing. We were talking about this subject. It’s gone from where you can give one asset – a third-round pick – for a rental, so to speak. Somebody you might have for three months. And maybe if you go to the conference final, that pick gets better. That’s the way it used to be. Now, they want a second- or first-rounder plus a prospect. Or they ask for Shea Theodore or Nick Ritchie. It’s not going to happen here. I’m not doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  I Fn hate Los Angelenos sports fan. Fn losers
                  Self loathing is not helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Considering the trade deadline is here, this is timely from the Ducks Bob Murray:

On the prices of players on the market

I was talking with [Red Wings Executive Vice President & General Manager] Ken Holland last night, and we were laughing. We were talking about this subject. It’s gone from where you can give one asset – a third-round pick – for a rental, so to speak. Somebody you might have for three months. And maybe if you go to the conference final, that pick gets better. That’s the way it used to be. Now, they want a second- or first-rounder plus a prospect. Or they ask for Shea Theodore or Nick Ritchie. It’s not going to happen here. I’m not doing that.
                    Its so true. The trade deadlines of years past were much different than today. The sellers are owning the market and demanding unreasonable prices for borderline players.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Jordan Leopold was traded to his hometown Minnesota Wild after his 11-year-old daughter sent a letter to the team pleading for it to acquire her father.

I love hockey so much. What a great story
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• What?

Ducks Acquire Wisniewski, Third-Round Selection in 2015 NHL Draft in Exchange for Bourque, Karlsson and Second-Round Selection in 2015 NHL Draft

Monday, 03.02.2015 / 4:11 PM /*News

The Ducks announced they have acquired defenseman*James Wisniewski*and Detroit’s third-round selection in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft from Columbus in exchange for left wing Rene Bourque, center William Karlsson and Anaheim’s second-round selection in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

Wisniewski, 31, has a career-best eight goals and 29 points in 56 games this season. He had a career-best 51 points in 75 games with the Blue Jackets last season.

This will be Wisniewski's second stint with the Ducks, having played in Anaheim during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. Wisniewski earned four goals and 41 points in 86 games as a member of the Ducks.

*I really liked where Karlsson was headed. Chit
                        Last edited by Panoptes; March 2, 2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• What? is right!
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I would rather have Karlsson also.

Comment

• If you haven't seen it and have Netflix, watch 30 for 30: of Miracles and Men

It's about the Soviet Red Army hockey team that includes a large piece about the '80 Olympics, but all of it is from the Russian point of view. Lots of great interviews. Very interesting stuff about players that wanted to play in the NHL but were not allowed, including Tretiak.

From the onset of the documentary there are interviews with Fetisov and it ends with him holding the '97 cup in Moscow. For any hockey fan, imho, a must see.

Comment

• I like the comment from the figure skating coach - which went something like this.
                                "It's not my place to comment on a coach in another profession........ but yeah, they screwed up pulling Tretiak!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X