Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
    Will be a sad couple of days for this gal. Today my middle daughter (19) is packing up her things and driving to CA to live there, and go to college also. Early in the morning she will be leaving the nest. My other daughters have moved out, but only 3 and 13 miles away; this one will be about 2300 miles away. On a positive note a couple of the bills will become smaller. Maybe put that money aside and fly out by her every now and then.
    It'll be the best decision of her life, at least one of them.

Comment

• "Will be a sad couple of days for this gal. Today my middle daughter (19) is packing up her things and driving to CA to live there, and go to college also. Early in the morning she will be leaving the nest. My other daughters have moved out, but only 3 and 13 miles away; this one will be about 2300 miles away. On a positive note a couple of the bills will become smaller. Maybe put that money aside and fly out by her every now and then."
      -------------------------------------------Sad as it is, this is a good thing.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        "Will be a sad couple of days for this gal. Today my middle daughter (19) is packing up her things and driving to CA to live there, and go to college also. Early in the morning she will be leaving the nest. My other daughters have moved out, but only 3 and 13 miles away; this one will be about 2300 miles away. On a positive note a couple of the bills will become smaller. Maybe put that money aside and fly out by her every now and then."
        -------------------------------------------Sad as it is, this is a good thing.
        Yup.

I know about kids (and grandkids) being in different States and having to get on a plane to visit them.

Trust me when I tell you it makes all of us stronger, and makes our family values higher.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• On the bright side, today's technology is such that you can stay in touch much more easily. Arm yourself and her with a webcam (either on a computer or use a smart phone) and you can "see" each other as often as you like (I recommend Skype for this but there are lots of other apps that do that).
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I was just going to say that, Deb. Skype has been such a wonderful tool to keep in touch with my family here in the U.S. especially since Tyler was born. That will really close the distance and help you stay connected.
            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Just like the olden days, snail mail will keep you grounded!
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Marko, I literally laughed out loud.

I am actually happy for her, she is so excited about starting this new adventure, much as I was at her age, on a plane flying out to boot camp in San Diego.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Well, my daughter just called me and said they made it there safe and sound. She had 2 of her girlfriends go with her to help drive as she was on a time limit to get there to sign the papers for the house that they are all renting. There are total of 4 girls rooming there for college, but she is going to be living there. She stated that she drove 16 hours, not all at once, and the other 2 did the rest. She sent me some pics of the mountains and such.

When she left Tuesday morning there was not 1 dry eye; this also included her, her friends (which I was surprised), myself and I think SB also, (unless that was the sun shining just right). She did call me all the way there, when they got into the next state I knew about it. That was nice, just in case something did happen. Also states that it has not hit her yet that this is where she is going to be living; right now looking at it more like a vacation. I wonder how many times I will be getting late night/ early morning phone calls as she is now 2 hours behind us. They are already going down to the beach to check things out.

It was sad to see her leave, but all in all I am happy for her that she is exploring and maybe she can get a contract easier with her actress stuff. We also have Skype, Oovoo, and Facetime that we both use to "see" each other.
                  My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• I hope the roaming charges on the cell phones do not create a rude awakening next month.

Comment

• Do roaming charges still exist?

Comment

• They do when you bring your phone from Japan. I'm not looking forward to my bill next month.

Glad your daughter made it there safely, AE. I'm sure when the honeymoon phase of living out there wears off you'll be getting a lot of phone calls from her telling you how homesick she is!
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                          Do roaming charges still exist?
                          I can tell you that going to visit my neice who lives 25 miles from me (but across the Canadian boarder) landed me an unexpected roaming charge because I did not turn my phone off, and did not use it during that visit last year.

Comment

• I do not understand a 12 year old stabbing to death another child in the out state city of Kentwood.

I thought this was supposed to be a Detroit trademark.

Comment

• Canada is a different story. Shouldn't get roaming charges in the US, though. Unless you're at the RenCen and the towers think you're in Windsor (happens to me now and then).
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                I hope the roaming charges on the cell phones do not create a rude awakening next month.
                                We are on the National plan, so there are no roaming charges. I even called to make sure on that one.
                                My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

Working...
                                X