1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
        2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
        3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
        4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
        5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
        6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
        7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Finally out of the hospital after a week. Unfortunately the news is worse. Cancer is in my spine, hip, on the skull, lungs and liver. I really think the Lions need to win the SB this year or I'll be up there with Yooperman, Ned and Skate waiting impatiently. Docs think I should make it to xmas, but no promises after that.

It is what it is, my family and I have come to terms with it. It's just especially hard because my youngest is just 9.
          Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• That's really heartbreaking news, DL. Hope you are able to give your kids some great memories to hold on to.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Goddamn Cancer.

Fuck.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Drew,

You probably never noticed that I never chimed in on your health since your original cancer diagnosis but my sole reason for that was pure superstition. Nothing else.

Whenever I outwardly wish for something, the opposite always seems to occur. So as much as I wanted to post a good luck statement to you (and COOP's son for that matter), I continued holding out hope that my silence would help somehow.

Superstition be damned!

I'm sorry to hear of this latest diagnosis.

I don't know how to close beyond saying, it is my loss in life for never having the opportunity to personally meet you. A person whom I consider a great and honorable American Patriot.

Please let your family know that should they ever need any assistance from or while in California, help is only a phone call away. Just have them look me up in this place.

Your strength and courage through all this has been a life lesson for all of us. I'll never forget you.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I'm really sorry to hear your latest news DL.
                  Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
                  🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 114 Platinum Trophies
                  https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Goddamn Cancer.

Fuck.
                    +1.

Is now the time to get on a prescription of marijuana oil? It can't hurt, right? Drew, can you hook him up?
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                      Finally out of the hospital after a week. Unfortunately the news is worse. Cancer is in my spine, hip, on the skull, lungs and liver. I really think the Lions need to win the SB this year or I'll be up there with Yooperman, Ned and Skate waiting impatiently. Docs think I should make it to xmas, but no promises after that.

It is what it is, my family and I have come to terms with it. It's just especially hard because my youngest is just 9.
                      Jeez. Is this growing through the lymph system?
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Yes it is. All the way down my trachea to the sternum. I am in radiation now then I will go back to chemo.

Comment

• Was sitting in my lounge and reading your post, DL, and overheard my brother in law moaning his face off to the wife about a garden shed that didn't get delivered last week. Had an overwhelming urge to go through there and tell him to STFU, because it doesn't matter when the fuck it's delivered. It's just not important at all.

You are in my thoughts every day, and my wife's because she's asked several times how you are doing. Your strength is both humbling and inspirational.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                            +1.

Is now the time to get on a prescription of marijuana oil? It can't hurt, right? Drew, can you hook him up?
                            Due to me being still active duty military, I am not allowed that. Doesn't mean that my family hasn't given me a taste. It helps ALOT with the nauseousness. And I did try the oil in a vaporizer. It had been 34 years since I tried it. It was o.k.

Comment

• Re: Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                              Drew,

You probably never noticed that I never chimed in on your health since your original cancer diagnosis but my sole reason for that was pure superstition. Nothing else.

Whenever I outwardly wish for something, the opposite always seems to occur. So as much as I wanted to post a good luck statement to you (and COOP's son for that matter), I continued holding out hope that my silence would help somehow.

Superstition be damned!

I'm sorry to hear of this latest diagnosis.

I don't know how to close beyond saying, it is my loss in life for never having the opportunity to personally meet you. A person whom I consider a great and honorable American Patriot.

Please let your family know that should they ever need any assistance from or while in California, help is only a phone call away. Just have them look me up in this place.

Your strength and courage through all this has been a life lesson for all of us. I'll never forget you.
                              I am the one humbled, Marc. Thank you.

Comment

• There is a little outdoor putting green at the cancer center. Helps pass the time.

Chemo Golf.jpg

EDIT: The CJ jersey is on purpose because all the staff are Bear fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X