Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BILL BURR hates Steve Jobs and Apple

And so do I

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ew6fv9UUlQ8"]Bill Burr Doesn't Believe The Steve Jobs Hype - CONAN on TBS - YouTube[/ame]

LOFL at the go to the Apple store comment

F that sheeple factory
    Last edited by Panoptes; December 5, 2012, 10:27 AM.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Yeah thats one store I will spend the least amount of time in. It looks like we will have to go in to get one of those iPad minis. It has to be a surgical operation, every time I go past that store in the mall I get the willies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
        well I accidently stumbled into the 'desktop' mode which I like much better.

My question ... do I need a Microsoft ID? It sure seems this computer wants me to have one.
        You should probably make one. It will probably be important for future cloud services, streaming, and connection features. All your microsoft devices you ever get again being synced together... stuff like that.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Yeah thats one store I will spend the least amount of time in. It looks like we will have to go in to get one of those iPad minis. It has to be a surgical operation, every time I go past that store in the mall I get the willies.
          There are some pretty funny articles about what a shit low paying job being a "genius" at the apple store is. Still, young people learning how to give actual good service can't be all bad.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Still, young people learning how to give actual good service can't be all bad.
            I'm amazed at the number of people that don't even know how to answer a phone correctly (the phrase part, not the picking up the receiver part). I called one of our control stations that other day. The guy answered "Yeah this is Bob" when he picked up the phone. Is it that hard to understand that if you answer a common phone for an area you state the name of the area or department and then you last name? If you have a phone at your desk you might answer with just your your name but you make sure the last one is mentioned.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The absolute worst are college kids who get jobs through their schools financial aide work program. THE WORST. Zero interest in giving a damn about anyone or anything related to their job.

"Hi, could you tell me where the office for the school of engineering is?"

<hipster blank stare>

"so... is there a campus map somewhere?"
              Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; December 5, 2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• so now im sitting on the couch with the tap 20 in my lap .... really starting to like it.
                Forever One!

Comment

• If you have fast wifi and an xbox you can kick videos from your pc to your xbox and things like that... probably more integration to come.

Comment

• The forum got a $25 commission from that purchase, Mass! At least, I assume it is yours!

Thank you for using the link!!!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• That's awesome, Deb! Go Mass!
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• can one of you geeks help me with purchasing an external disc drive. My usb ports are 3.0 if that means anything.

I might need an external hard drive and/or optical drive.

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

here is some techno talk that I'm supposed to understand regarding making a recovery disk.
                        Last edited by Masspartan; December 6, 2012, 01:20 PM.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• They make wifi routers that can hook up to external hard drives that would be pretty good for a device like yours. It's more money obviously though. Do some research before you get any combo though

what do you need a disc drive for? You should able to stream your movies with a decent internet connection and wifi router with no problem.

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

• what do I do if I want to burn a CD?

or am I just being old school.
                            Forever One!

Comment

• Oh... well.. use your old computer?

Unless you need CDs for your car or something else you know you'll need to do I wouldn't worry about it.

With the streaming, the bigger cheaper faster harddrives, and all that there isn't much need for CDs with the "latest and greatest".

Upgrading your wifi router might be needed for adequate HD streaming though. You'll have to try it out.

Comment

• Phone's hold so much music alone or can stream it as needed that CDs are basically not needed anymore. DVD's are almost that way now too.

Comment

Working...
                                X