Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    fo;fu
    That's good.

Seriously, I forgot about You People. I may partially revise that statement.

Comment

• You People?

You racist prick!
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hack,

I think we both know that you have no real idea about any team you mention - including M. You're a fan, not a part of any of the teams you defend or attack. You have no insider knowledge or evidence; rather, just an assortment of biases that you bandy about as sacrosanct. But don't change. I read your stuff and giggle like a school girl. It's better than Prozac.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sounds like you're giggling right now, yes. Sure does. You know where I was and what I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Hack,

You have no insider knowledge or evidence.
            There is a wealth of evidence that has been posted and/or linked to in this forum which has been completely ignored. Or explained away with stretches of logic that would embarrass the sleazy defense attorney characters on Law and Order: SVU. It's why I learned back in the Tressel era that this conversation is pretty much a waste of time.

Comment

• Hannibal,

Well, there is good evidence - stuff that leads to proving guilt. Then there is evidence that just doesn't stand up. Most message board stuff does not stand up. I assume that the B1G office investigates credible allegations. When they investigate and find there is no meat to it, they just close the case. They don't hold a news conference - which leaves rival fans thinking it was never looked at.

Just like in hospital admin, if I got a report that we might have an impaired physician, I would investigate, and if I found the charge was bogus, I just dropped it. The last thing I would ever do is hold a press conference and say "Dr. Jones is not actually a drunkard. That is all. Good bye."

Most conference offices are the same way. Little profit in making those public declarations. That leaves the casual fan thinking that nothing was done and the conspiracy theories and wild lawlessness of rival teams that they read about on message boards that much more infuriating.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Hannibal,

Well, there is good evidence - stuff that leads to proving guilt. Then there is evidence that just doesn't stand up.
                Evidence not standing up usually isn't what gets programs off. What usually gets programs out of trouble are leaps of logic that are indefensible by anyone applying common sense. But the NCAA's process does not avail itself to common sense. And thus, we have an honor system that almost nobody self-enforces. Those that do are fools.

In a nutshell, that's where hack's comments about culture come from (I think).
                Last edited by Hannibal; October 25, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• My point is that there is a lot of message board stuff that just doesn't bear fruit, no matter how damning Domer4Lyfe on ShakeDownTheThunder.net thinks it is. As casual fans, you are not privy to the preliminary rule-out investigations.

I think hack's comments are mainly M = clean and pure as the driven snow and OSU (et al) = filthy, dirty cheaters (How does he know? He just does. Trust him).

Comment

• Looks like today we've learned a few things. The first is that the board's Alabama fan gets upset when you talk about cheating. Not shocking. But the scale of it is notable. This is fucking-show-dog-with-fucking-papers-boarded-in-a-kennel kind of upset. I think from here on we should call you The Pomeranian.

Second, look -- I agree we don't want that kind of low-grade hot-take nonsense here. You or talent or others wouldn't bother with this forum otherwise. Which leads me to this:

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    TL; DR: Luck, refs, and cheating OSU are keeping M down.

You can have refs and cheating OSU. You want to chalk that up to rantyfan talk, go ahead. We will not agree there, and that's OK. But you can't have the luck part. When I say that JH hasn't been lucky, I do not mean that it's ``keeping him down". I've been clear that the Harbaugh/Hoke comparison is nonsense because Harbaugh hasn't been lucky like Hoke was. Maybe you don't remember 2011 M/ND or the '12 Sugar Bowl, and I wouldn't blame you, but it might be worth your while to take a look at the highlights. Michigan had a good dose of dumb luck in those games -- incredibly dumb -- and absolutely did not deserve to win them, but did. That stands in contrst to Harbaugh, who was the victim of that against MSU in his first year.

All I'd wanted to point out is that the Hoke/Harbaugh comparison is kinda dumb because of such. Over time Hoke ran out of dumb luck and over time Harbaugh will be the recipient of at least some. It'll even out. I don't think that's domer4lyfe kinda stuff, and you shouldn't either.

Comment

• Upset? No, not in the least. This was simply me laughing at some of your more biased fan-speak combined with one of my more tepid troll jobs.

Comment

• fuckin' refs

No school fan base bitches more about officiating...and they all do...but no more than M's fan base...it's fucking comical...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Uh, Wiz, you forget Tennessee fans?

Comment

• hmmmm....damn...they have sucked like UNL lately...so yeah...damn...forgot about them...

...it's a push...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yes, I still miss Big Orange Junky.

Comment

• lol...and LunaFreak...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X