Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Indiana, 11/14, 3:30p EST, ABC - ESPN/ESPN2 Mirror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan @ Indiana, 11/14, 3:30p EST, ABC - ESPN/ESPN2 Mirror.

This is no trap game. It is a game in which M's defense will be challenged to contain a very good offense and M's offense will be challenged to either keep up, depending on how the defense plays, or play efficiently and mistake free offense, never giving IU's O a short field.

IU runs a spread offense a lot like osu's. The bread and butter run play is the inside zone. Constraints include an OZ, sweep. The OL is really effective at blocking these plays. There's no trickery. They're just good at what they do.

Sudafeld, is a very good passer, not Conner Cook good, but close. He can get the ball over the top on M's DB's not named Lewis. Very good PA and he also does a good imitation of the zone read option where he reads the DE who, if he crashes down, will keep it and run. He's good at it, very good. Again, nothing fancy. Just solid execution and technique. Here's a piece that does a good job of examining want M's D will see. I liked the part where the OP talked about eyes. What Jedd Fish talks about, playing with good eyes, now makes a lot of sense.

Nate Sudfeld and Jordan Howard lead a Hoosier offense that could test the Buckeyes on Saturday. Will the Silver Bullets be able to contain them?

Durkin's theory in defending the read option or IZ, it seems, is getting interference into the backfield. I'm a little worried about injuries to Hurst and Glascow as their presence v. IU's offense is going to be key. Without them playing well, IU is going to score some points. In that case, it's going to be up to Rudock. After yesterday, I like his chances.

Really wish we didn't have to count on BT over-officiating in this game.

37 - 31 M
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Michigan's d will have things mostly under control. Indiana gets a junk touchdown in garbage time

Michigan 45, Indiana 17

Comment

I'm calling the upset. Indiana will shred us and Rudock won't be able to outfit them by himself.

Comment

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Michigan's d will have things mostly under control. Indiana gets a junk touchdown in garbage time

Michigan 45, Indiana 17
          I agree with this prediction. I've seen IU play maybe 6 times this season.
          Sudfeld is a good passer if you get no pressure on him, but has little mobility. Michigan should have no problem with that based on how mediocre the IU line is.
          The IU defense has an average - above average front 7. Their secondary is comparable to a bad B12 secondary. Awful.

The cool thing about playing at IU is how the West side of the stadium will completely be Michigan fans. You'll see a lot of that if they show shots of the IU stadium during the game.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            I'm calling the upset. Indiana will shred us and Rudock won't be able to outfit them by himself.
            No doubt. Probably 38-3. We'll be lucky to score any points.

Comment

I'm still going to disagree with my good friend Jeff, and call this a trap game. This can be a very problematic game for Michigan, if they're unprepared.

Fortunately, under the Harbaugh regime, we have yet to see Michigan enter a game this year "unprepared". They've played excellent football, and right now should be in the top 5-6 in the country, had they handled a punt snap a bit better.

But college football is college football. Anything can happen, and the Hoosiers could play lights out, and beat a mistake prone Michigan should that take place.

I'm not into predictions this year, so I won't make one for this game. I just want to see a well-prepared and completely focused Michigan team take the field, and beat the smack out of Indiana.

Yesterday's MSU loss should put a bit more life in Michigan's step from here on out, because they now control their own destiny again.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

They don't control their own destiny. They only "control their own destiny" if OSU beats MSU and we win out. Certainly not a given. If MSU wins out, then they make it to the CCG by beating UM and OSU.
                Last edited by UMStan White; November 8, 2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  In the not too distant future, Hanni will have no choice but to get on board.

Harbaugh plays for the B1G East against Ohio A&M for all the marbles in AA on the 28th.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Okay.. excuse my exuberance a bit there.

You are correct. MSU still holds the edge over Mich due to the fumbled snap.

But an Ohio win over Sparty gives us a "good old days" game on Thanksgiving weekend.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      We beat MSU, Oregon beat MSU and they should have dropped a few others too.

I'll take Meyer's preparation over Dantonio's anyway of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Hell, they should just not even bother going into the stadium- maybe they should just go local and run a bike race or something..

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          I'm still going to disagree with my good friend Jeff, and call this a trap game. This can be a very problematic game for Michigan, if they're unprepared.

Fortunately, under the Harbaugh regime, we have yet to see Michigan enter a game this year "unprepared". They've played excellent football, and right now should be in the top 5-6 in the country, had they handled a punt snap a bit better.

But college football is college football. Anything can happen, and the Hoosiers could play lights out, and beat a mistake prone Michigan should that take place.

I'm not into predictions this year, so I won't make one for this game. I just want to see a well-prepared and completely focused Michigan team take the field, and beat the smack out of Indiana.

Yesterday's MSU loss should put a bit more life in Michigan's step from here on out, because they now control their own destiny again.
                          A problematic game isn't a trap game. Pretty sure M will be focused on this game.

Comment

I'll take Meyer's preparation over Dantonio's anyway of the week.
                            With HARBAUGH now in the CFB coaching ranks, I assume UFM is now the 2nd best coach in CFB in your eyes? Which is better than Dantonio!!!!
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

We've been over this, Meyer has had tremendous success his entire career in the amateur ranks.

Harbaugh is a goddamn NFL Professional stallion, expect him to beat Meyer with much less in AA in a couple of weeks. So sure of this, I wagered a cool 5 Benjamins that say the same. Thankfully you picked up up that gauntlet.

Comment

Working...
                              X