Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Yeah, it's a San Francisco "smear" ...

...speaking of paradox's and such, the beloved NRO wrote on the Liberal Elite: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...oblesse-oblige

The stuff on the NYC public schools is so rich and the quote:

...perfectly sums up the resentment of Froot's beloved Coastal Nobles.
    Great article talent, you have me pegged.

Comment

• I thought so, too. What will you be bringing to the Hypocrisy of the Coastal Nobles potluck?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I was thinking about having a Ossoff moral victory party, you're invited. It's a potluck, so maybe you and Da Geezer can pitch in and bring a dish.
        Sounds good. I'll bring some crow.

You know, I have been waiting with bated breath for a list of what Democrats are FOR. No takers? There is your answer as to why the Dems lost the Presidency.

Talent:The Progs have an economic message that can win, IMO.

I promise not to argue. What would that economic message be? 47% marginal tax rate proposed by Hillary?
        Last edited by Da Geezer; June 22, 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• In a bit of good news, a California Court has tossed 14 of the 15 charges brought by the AG against the folks who took videos of Planned Parenthood people. The last charge should, I think, go the same way. If it does that will officially end what can only be described as an overtly political prosecution.

Comment

• I work on a regular basis in rural Ohio and have met or know plenty of people who bitch that the jobs that used to be plentiful (Manufacturing, coal, etc.) aren't around any longer. Rather than learn new skills to change with the changing economy or leave Podunk, Ohio to a place like Columbus, where jobs are plentiful, they'd rather vote for politicians who promise that the American economy can be made to look like 1949 again with the 'right' policies.
            What do you do for a living DSL? Why so adamant in not telling us?

Comment

• You are pretty proficient in asserting what people do for a living, seldom right but never in doubt, why should you need to know?

Comment

• Back on topic, and from The Newspaper of Record for the Coastal Nobles, the Ds ponder their losing streak: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/21/u...T.nav=top-news

Tim Ryan (who, of course, ran against Pelosi for Speaker): "Our brand is worse than Trump."

The NYT also may have inadvertently stumbled onto something:

Part of the Democrats? challenge now is that the jobless rate is low, and many of the districts they are targeting are a lot like the Georgia seat: thriving suburbs filled with voters who have only watched their portfolios grow since Mr. Trump took office.
                That dovetails with comments from Chris Murphy (D-Connecticut):

?The fact that we have spent so much time talking about Russia has been a distraction from what should be the clear contrast between Democrats and the Trump agenda, which is on economics,? said Sen. Chris Murphy. Asked on MSNBC?s ?Morning Joe? whether Ossoff?s defeat means the party should become more progressive, the senator responded that it?s more an issue of what they?re talking about. ?When I?m back in Connecticut, I often get on a commuter bus and ride it for just an hour to talk to folks that don?t normally call my office or write my office,? Murphy explained. ?They are never talking about issues like Russia. They are not talking, frankly, about what?s on cable news at night.?
                I certainly have no problem believing "Russia Fatigue". I also have no problem believing folks aren't too interested in it. It wasn't that long ago that the Rs fatuously impeached Bill Clinton -- who was a lifelong sleaze and who perjured himself -- and ended up getting their ass kicked. Because, as Clinton noted throughout his Presidency -- "it's the economy stupid."

So, in these suburban districts, it's a tough sell for Ds at the moment. For the fabled working class folks, it's probably not a tough sell. But they need to make it (IMO). If I were them I'd put Bernie's economic message front and center. I'd also push EVERY OTHER ISSUE to the side. Social justice, environmental justice, education justice, shitter justice -- whatever nonsense justice you have, sit quietly in the corner -- we're with you, but we can't go around saying we're with you. And if you want us in power, then you best fall in line unless you want to eat 4 more years of Donald Fucking Trump.

One day the Ds will hire the team of Hoss and Talent to run shit, and we will produce an asswhipping rarely seen outside of a Husker visit to Columbus!

Comment

• People pretend to vote on policies, but by and large they vote for people they like...or against, or don't show up for, people they dislike. They base those decisions largely on personal values, which stem from a pols' stance on social issues. Hence social issues drive the bus.
                  Incorrect. Conservative Christians voted 80% for Trump. Are you saying they wanted a thrice-married NYC coastal elite for Pres? Or was it because they wanted a First Lady who had posed nude? Really?

...but the demographic he refers to sees one issue above all others; other people getting their hard-earned money.
                  Closer. They resent the Takers using the force of the State to take the Maker's money and give it to people who have no intention to even trying to support themselves.

Last night Trump proposed that no immigrant should get any form of welfare for at least five years. Of course, no legal immigrant can get welfare now. Just take that to your place of work and see what the average Joe thinks about it.

Comment

• If Trump is going to continue to propose things that are already legal, execution risk is going to plummet. Robust strategy.

Comment

• Trump will absolutely attempt to take credit for an immigration law that's been on the books for 20 years.

I work in the oil/gas industry

Comment

• froot:
                        My older daughter has a basketball coach that is a huge Trump supporter. Every once in awhile he lectures his team on how great Trump is. Sunday was one of those days, he had all of the greatest hits: ....
                        Then send her to a government school. You will then have a 100% assurance that she will become a prog-parrot like yourself. She'll never have to tolerate an aberrant thought.

Comment

• Like I said, she will have to deal with jackholes far worse than him, you thorough POS.

Comment

• DSL is a fracker? No shit. Well, that makes his Cornell degree worthless as Cayugans are basically only qualified to be a concierge.

Comment

• I'm really linking all types today! Peter Beinhart in The Atlantic on the Ds "Immigration Mistake" -- https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...istake/528678/

This is, of course, germane if one feels that immigration is currently a losing issue for Ds.

Comment

• French has been knocking them out of the park lately talent, you should be linking him.

Comment

Working...
                                X