Clear All

• no
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• here ya go hack

73% to entitlements
      16% defense
      11% transportation education infrastructure

10 years from now the projections say over 90 % of budgets will go to entitlements

30 years ago we had less then 50 % that went to to entitlements

Comment

• 30 years ago, a family could be reasonably secure in a single income household. Since 2 incomes is now the new normal, one income just about necessitates an 'entitlement'. (I hate that term. Giving food (stamps) to feed a child in poverty is called doing the right thing, not an 'entitlement'.) Perhaps if we eliminated poverty there'd be no need for 'entitlements'.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Agree Ghengis, but again...what people think of as "welfare" or "social" spending and what it actually entails are two very different things. One example; last I heard, one senior citizen marking time in a Kansas care facility- after having exhausted pretty much every penny's worth of assets- costs $7,000/month in a state/Medicaid matching funds arrangement. That's a lot of food stamps....and alot of folks end up in that situation.

Comment

• On the Geezer like link: uh, click home, about, donor list. This is a research organization with a liberal leaning donor list and a socially liberal outlook even though it calls itself non-partisan. It's been reliably referenced in numerous articles on health care I am familiar with.
            Classic Geezer-like link, I'd say.

Comment

• always liked tom Coburn Oklahoma senator limited himself to 2 terms

anyway he was on morning Joe and talked about the one thing to fix the health system would be transparency

Every procedure/study/test/evaluation should be consumer driven with prices for all to see.
              then the consumer gets to pick and choose where the best deal is who has the best product etc and insurance takes a back seat

he estimates health care would drop 30% if that happened--as a provider himself he would be somebody that should be listened too

it sounds so simple but the enormity of trying to get that through against every lobbyist backed legislator will prevent that from happening unless we drain the swamp

Comment

• Would one of you progs please explain to me why Jared Kushner was opening up a back-channel way of communication with the Russians if the Trump campaign had already been conspiring with the Russians during the campaign? Why couldn't the Trumpsters just use the same alleged channels that were so effective during the campaign?

Comment

• Just to see if I have this correctly...

Republicans were upset with BO for opening up back channel communications with Iran and Dems said there was nothing wrong with what happened.

Democrats are upset with DT for opening up back channel communications with Russia and Repubs are saying there is nothing wrong with what happened.

yes, we need a third option in this country.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There you go again with the skin-deep comparisons. Come on already...

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

You love to nuance. come on already.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I vote Entropy for President.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What has been described so far is not a standard back channel communication, going to a a Russian embassy or another diplomatic office to use Russian secure communication equipment is totally different. It isn't nuance and it probably had nothing to do with Syria.

Comment

• but Iran is ok.. I mean let's not let political party worship get in the way of what is right vs what is wrong. Let me nuance the degree of "wrong" to make my party right.

such sheep.

Comment

• I am beyond sick of the two parties and all their minions.. We have what we deserve.

Neither party is the answer. Neither party is all good nor all bad, yet neither party wants to work with the other. The minions follow lock step and evolve their opinions based not on a philosophy or right and wrong, but on who is involved. Who is what is important. It is not about the what or how. So, we have what we deserve. And we have what we've asked for..
                              Last edited by entropy; May 31, 2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Good for you

Comment

Working...
                                X