X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to inform the forum of YOOPERMAN's (my Dad) passing

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob, I am the eldest son of Walt the "Yooperman" -

I just wanted to let everyone in the forum know that my father passed away unexpectedly on Saturday Night.

I know from the stories he would tell about some of the posts here, how he enjoyed being part of this "community". I thought it would be appropriate to inform his friends here in the Lion's Forum of his passing.

I also wanted to let everyone know that you can thank my father (as our family and friends believe) that it was due to my Dad's "heavenly influence" on Sunday, that the Lions were able to FINALLY end the loooong losing streak to the Packers. Way to Go DAD!

www.ernashfuneralhomes.com

PS - I have just registered to the forum as "son_of_Yooperman" so I will be stopping by from time to time.

Thanks
    Rob - "Son_of_Yooperman"

RIP, Yoop.

Rob, I am so sorry for your loss. This place will not be the same without your dad.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

RIP Yoop.

Thoughts and prayers to you and the family, Rob.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

This is terrible news. I am bawling my eyes out. I had so hoped your Dad was on the mend. His sense of humor was so unique and wonderful, he could always make me laugh.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Please pass on our deeply heartfelt condolences to the rest of your family. He had a lot of friends here who cared for him a great deal.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          This is terrible news. I am bawling my eyes out. I had so hoped your Dad was on the mend. His sense of humor was so unique and wonderful, he could always make me laugh.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Please pass on our deeply heartfelt condolences to the rest of your family. He had a lot of friends here who cared for him a great deal.
          Well said, Deb.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

RIP Yoop.

Wow, I'm in shock right now. Yoop and I had many disagreements about Mooch's handling of the team but I still considered him a friend and I enjoyed our "arguments".
            Apathetic No More.

Comment

Rob- first of all thank you for coming and letting us know about your dad. I know it must have been difficult to write those words. You have my sincerest condolences.

Also please know that your dad had more to us than we could ever have given back. He had a great outlook on life and will seriously be missed around here. Godspeed Yoop.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

RIP YOOP

I wish you, and all your family, all the best Rob. Yoop was always good for a laugh. I valued his point of view, even though I might not have agreed with it. I was hoping he would pull out of it, I thought things were looking up for him.

I'm just stunned right now.
                Last edited by Islair; December 14, 2010, 07:10 PM.
                AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

That is a lovely obituary at the funeral home website.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

RIP Yoop

Hopefully the Lions win where you are now (and its not cold). My condolences out to the Yoop family.

Comment

Rob, thanks for letting us know. You Dad had a great sense of humor. I will miss him.

Comment

You will be missed Yoop. Loved reading your posts. Godspeed.
                        Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

Im new here, i didnt know you at all Yooperman, but may God rest your soul buddy and all the very best to your family........, sounds like you'll be sorely missed by them....., and your buddies on here.

R.I.P.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

RIP yooperman. I will miss you around these boards, you had a unique sense of humors that never grew stale. Your avatar's always made me chuckle and you were a great guy to have around.

Rob, thank you for letting us all know. My thoughts, prayers and condolences to your family. I'm very sorry for your loss.
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

My condolences Rob. I'll be sure to thank Yoop for the win when I eventually get the chance after this life.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Working...
                              X