Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Indiana, 11/14, 3:30p EST, ABC - ESPN/ESPN2 Mirror.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
    Jesus Rocky no toes don't be an ass (well don't give up your day job of finding great ass)
    The point is that no one believes an upset can happen until it does. Until that happens the cautious are belittled and heaped upon with scorn.

As for that ass, I fear I won't ever be able to find a suitable replacement. It's like finding the girl of your dreams at 21. Do you stick with her, or assume you'll find something better down the road?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Michigan 45, IU 13.
      Can't wait for M to destroy IU today.
      It won't be close.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        The point is that no one believes an upset can happen until it does. Until that happens the cautious are belittled and heaped upon with scorn.
        Yep ....... I think there is plenty of data out there both subjective and objective that supports the view that M isn't going to roll, isn't going to have an easy time of it and could get upset.

That's the baseline I'm starting from. If M drives the field on it's first possession, scores 7, holds IU to a punt on there's and gets up by two scores early, I might change my tune but until I see that ..... until I see Rudock dealing and the D controlling IU's O, I'm sticking with the ground I've staked out here.

You all can dump on me if M does roll. I'm sure as hell not going to go around boasting I was right if what I fear happens, actually happens. I'll get pleasure out of knowing that after the IU loss, most of you will be predicting losses at PSU, to osu in AA, bemoaning the below average 7-5 performance, questioning HARBAUGH!!! and saying, next year.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 14, 2015, 11:12 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• 35-6. IU will move the ball between the 20's due to the tempo, but won't get much farther. They might squeak out a TD with a blown coverage, but thats it.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• And I'll go on record now to say IF an upset would happen today, I'd still expect a W in Happy Valley.

Comment

• IU will hang with us for 3 quarters, similar to the OSU game. But then they'll run out of gas. UM by 10.

Comment

• Henry Poggi warming up with the DL today. Should be a decent guy today for depth.
                Last edited by The Oracle; November 14, 2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Let's post in the game day thread. That's why I put it there.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• This is waaaay too good to not post it here (from mgoblog). Encapsulates how M fans learned to feel almost perfectly until ....... HARBAUGH!!!

I like curling.

I don?t watch it very often. In fact, I pretty much forget it exists for 206-week stretches at a time. But for two weeks during the Winter Olympics, I?m a curling fan. And when America is curling, I?m into it. I?m chastising a guy whose name I didn?t know the week before for a thing that I am only 80% sure was good or bad. This guy has been working without pay for this goal for the better part of his adult life, and guys like me swoop in when the big torchy thing goes poof and start screaming at the TV about BROOMING HARDER DAMMIT.

The wonderful thing about spectator sports is that you can select your level of emotional investment. Athletes don?t have that luxury. For them, emotional investment is a byproduct of the tangible, physical investment. For fans, deciding to go mentally in on a team is a conscious choice. And like any other wager, the more you bet on your team, the more you have to win or lose. Odds are that you, dear MGoReader, know this phenomenon well.

I drove the four and a half hours up to the Michigan-Indiana game on Saturday. I sat by some very nice, rather intoxicated Hoosier fans, and for the first couple of hours we made amusing small talk about Indiana?s #CHAOSTEAM nature. They exhibited the kind of gallows humor you would expect from a team that had been through what Indiana fans had been through this year. They had hope, of course, but it was the kind of guarded Charlie-Brown-kicking-the-football hope. Experience taught them to guard
                    their soul dongs against the inevitable.

By late in the third quarter, they had stopped talking as much. They had started to believe again. Thrice bitten, they had yet found the way to come back for more. And by the time Delano Hill batted that fourth down pass down, they were inconsolable. They stared off into the cold, cruel evening as if searching for the deity who had wronged them again. No one would have blamed them if they had mailed this one in. But like a poker player who had taken multiple bad beats, they went all in one last time only to lose on the final card.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 19, 2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• talent ..... this is really good and depicts what Steve Sharick who I think is a HS DC thinks was schematic failure on the part of DJD.

Basically, to Sharick, it appears that Durkin overcompensated for the loss of Glagow by playing a 40 front (nickel)and in so doing screwed the pooch.

He thinks he should have played a 30. I agree now that I see it diagramed (and am reading the UFR) and I'm pretty sure we'll see this v. PSU and osu.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/rps-hey-theres-p-and-s-you-can-use

Comment

Working...
                      X