X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Mathis now too

Comment

• There is only talk and no reliable confirmation that the Ole Miss transfer wagon will be loaded with 4 players:

QB She Patterson (5*), S Deontay Anderson (4*), WR Van Jefferson (4*), and TE Jacob Mathis (4*). All of them are class of 2016 commits at Ole Miss. The sense is that all of these players can transfer and play right away although there is still uncertainty with regard to Jefferson and Mathis. Transfer would be in question if either of these two players received inducements or benefits to sign with Ole Miss. Playing right away involves these two being among the group who probably had legal representation in that determination. From reports, we know Jefferson did.

It's reported that Patterson and Anderson will be enrolling for the Winter Term that starts January 3rd.

If there are four Ole Miss transfers, that takes allotted scholarships to 89 and the 2018 class size to 20. 4 players currently on scholarship are going to lose them. Have no idea of who those 4 might be. You can look at the list of players by eligibility year at the link. The Red Shirt Seniors (those with a 5th year of eligibility) are listed first. I would guess some of the 4 are going to come from this list.

At the bottom of the listings is the 2018 class of 16 players already committed. One has to ask if some of these players will drop off as well ..... i.e, from the dreaded listing of "committable commits."

Players are listed in order of remaining eligibility. With 79 scholarships allotted, Michigan is now under its scholarship limit. As for the 2019 recruiting class, it’s more than full right now and there will have to be some more attrition in order to fit everyone. Meanwhile, 11 seniors are scheduled to graduate, so the 2019 class […]
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Ole Miss pays all its players except the ones that want to play for HARBAUGH!!!! Heh. No way they'd try to buy a 5* QB recruit.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, I have my doubts that Patterson didn't get benefits or inducements to sign with Ole Miss. I don't have an opinion on the others but chances are good they did.

Having said that, the general consensus of M folks following this and reporting on it that I trust is that both Ole Miss and the NCAA or lawyers retained by these 4 players would have looked into this and would have knowledge that inducements or benefits were afforded the players in question. Given that, it seems that none of them would have pursued a transfer. Moreover, M wouldn't have pursed them (I fucking hope).

That doesn't mean they didn't get payed. It just means the facts determined by limited investigative powers on the part of the school and the NCAA or believe by counsel that it need not come out or can't be legally discovered don't support that they did get paid.

Now, what does this say about Harbaugh and the high standards of conduct attributed to M? Fuck it, let's ball. As Hannibal would undoubtedly say, "good on JH."
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Who cares about Ole Miss’ shit university and their scandals.

From a M perspective: After the Ed Martin scandal with M, ya never know when it comes to boosters... a few rich people affecting everything. No evidence of it. So at least it doesn’t happen or M players are smart enough to not waive around stacks of $100 bills or drive in a Ferrari on campus.
            Last edited by Cody_Russell; December 10, 2017, 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hey Buchanan, do you remember the recruitment of Lew Alcindor?

This damn weather, Jim Skala thought to himself, driving along southeast of Ann Arbor. He looked around, seeing a gray April day, temperatures barely hitting 40, spits of sleet and snow skimming across the windswept streets. Who’d want to come here? At least he had the car, Skala thought. There...
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Don’t know what his price would have been but it would have been worth it..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  There is only talk and no reliable confirmation that the Ole Miss transfer wagon will be loaded with 4 players:
                  But but but, "Brain" said 3 max!
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Now, what does this say about Harbaugh and the high standards of conduct attributed to M? Fuck it, let's ball. As Hannibal would undoubtedly say, "good on JH."
                    Good on JH.

Question: We are told that we can't recruit JUCO players because the Admissions department won't grant them admission. How do these Ole Miss fellows get past Admissions then, particularly the ones like SP who have had two years of college? How is that different from two years of JUCO? Ole Miss a higher quality school?

Comment

• The issue with JUCO transfers are acceptable credits. Ole Miss students aren't going to have that issue.

Comment

• More scholarships will be opening up though don't expected news soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Hey Buchanan, do you remember the recruitment of Lew Alcindor?

https://theathletic.com/178136/2017/...umhoop&plan=nt
                          Maybe if it weren't for that damn weather.

Great read Rocky and no, I had no idea this was going on during my time in AA (66-70).

As I've argued previously, M has a lot of natural (or unnatural as the case may be) negative factors to overcome among talented, in demand HS recruits when compared to places like Miami and LA. Climate, I believe, plays a role at M in the competition for the best athletes and it's not a positive one.

What is interesting to me in that story though is that Alcindor was not attracted to Michigan when, in the 60's, it was known as the Berkeley of the East ...... highly progressive with a touch of radicalism stirred in by the likes of the Black Panthers and Weathermen. UCLA? Like Lew comments, "I felt trapped with all those crackers."

Yep, at that time and probably since, UCLA has not been known as a bastion of politically progressive thought or action. Frat boys and Blond headed cheer leaders? Yes.

Comment

• I personally don't think Patterson was dirty. That and $5 will get you a Starbucks' coffee.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A quick perusal of the various M web sites this morning reveals that Patterson is going to transfer and this should happen/be announced in the next couple of days. Patterson reportedly is going to be an early (2018 Class) enrollee.

Jefferson and Anderson may take longer and I've not seen anything that indicates they will enroll in M's Winter Term that starts 01/03.

This is coming from Sam Webb.

Comment

• Shea’s latest like on Twitter suggests he is moving on from Ole Miss. Unless the NCAA cock blocks M from this transfer (no recent suggestions that this would happen***), Shea is a Wolverine.

Let the Peters, McCaffrey, and Patterson QB battle begin. Spring game will be popcorn fun... also, when training camp roles around in August.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X