No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill, LeBron and Pippen were all closer to each other in playing style than to Jordan ... LeBron is closest to Jordan in terms of being an alpha, though
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Pippen and LeBron:
      Both are similar height, LeBron is probably more athletic.
      LeBron's stats are "better", but he didn't play with MJ and the NBA rules are different today compared to the 90s. (Could that affect players stats slightly?)

Generally they are both that SF that can score 20+ points, get around 7 rebounds, and 5-6 assists.
      LeBron is probably better, but not by much IMO.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Lebron has 4 MVPs. The others combined for 0.

If you're going to compare anybody to lebron, compare Magic Johnson. Even then it isn't a great comparison, but it's the best you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Pippen and LeBron:
          Both are similar height, LeBron is probably more athletic.
          LeBron's stats are "better", but he didn't play with MJ and the NBA rules are different today compared to the 90s. (Could that affect players stats slightly?)

Generally they are both that SF that can score 20+ points, get around 7 rebounds, and 5-6 assists.
          LeBron is probably better, but not by much IMO.

Are you kidding me with this post? Did you even watch this year's finals? I'm not sure I can remember any game in which Pippen dominated like LeBron did. Pippen was a great player he's nowhere near LeBron.

Comment

• Pippen was closer to being a better Tayshaun Prince than a poor mans LeBron James.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Both LeBron and Pippen are top 25 players in NBA history. Pippen in the 20-25 range, LeBron in the 5-15 range.
              Yes, LeBron is better than Pippen, but they aren't that far apart.

I would like to know what individual career Pippen could have had without Jordan. His 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons were individually great.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• All you need to know about Pippen without is his actions in that New York series.

Yes Pippen and LeBron are far apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                  What are the chances of you posting a picture of this dude and he's a piston a few hours later...
                  Very slim.

Comment

Both LeBron and Pippen are top 25 players in NBA history. Pippen in the 20-25 range, LeBron in the 5-15 range.
                    Yes, LeBron is better than Pippen, but they aren't that far apart.

I would like to know what individual career Pippen could have had without Jordan. His 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons were individually great.
                    They were individually great and the Bulls couldn't advance past the second round. End of comparison there.

Jordan made them legendary. Pippen made them pretty good.

Comment

• Lebron is very much a top 5 player in league history. There are not 5 guys you can put in front of him and say are better without a serious history bias.
                      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        They were individually great and the Bulls couldn't advance past the second round. End of comparison there.

Jordan made them legendary. Pippen made them pretty good.
                        This is misleading. They won 55 games and went to the second round in 93. In 94, Jordan returned and they lost in the second round again. Then they went on a tear and won the second 3 titles. Remember, there were several good teams in the east back then. Orlando, New York, Indiana, etc. were all solid.
                        1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          This quote is worse than Pippen's quote:

"Plus Pippen is better mentally/ not a cry baby and diva like LeFlop"

One can only ascertain that Cody Russell never watched Pippen.
                          Lol. "Migraine" jog anyone's memory?

Lebron would have took that team, without Jordan, to the Finals and probably won it.

This just in, "Scottie Pippen says he was Megatron before Megatron."

This is hillarious. How can anyone take it seriously? Well, outside of Pippen
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Based on stats, I can see that comparison being true.
                            I think LeBron is more athletic, but Pippen was better on defense. If Pippen didn't play with Jordan, he would have probably scored more points.

Plus Pippen is better mentally/ not a cry baby and diva like LeFlop.
                            Way off. LeBron's D is just as good if not better and he never had "migraines", refused to go in at the end of a playoff game or was a part of one of the biggest 4th quarter-playoff chokes of all-time.

Pippen is arguably a top-50 player. LeBron is arguably a top-5 player.

Comment

• If Pippen had said he was T-Mac before T-Mac, that would be closer...although McGrady was a much better scorer.

Comment

• LaBron is a player that defines his generation.

Pippen was not.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X