No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what is frustrating his skills are fine, his problem is between his ears. That was a complete playoff melt down last night like I have never seen a Red Wing goalie ever. Just stop one of the 3 fairly routine shots and no OT, like I said he's backing into the net again. It's bad when Fox Sports Det said a few times "Jimmy wished he could have a couple of those back" I didn't see it, but heard his interview he was really down after the game like the Wings lost.

Comment

• He better bounce back quickly..
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        That's what is frustrating his skills are fine, his problem is between his ears. That was a complete playoff melt down last night like I have never seen a Red Wing goalie ever. Just stop one of the 3 fairly routine shots and no OT, like I said he's backing into the net again. It's bad when Fox Sports Det said a few times "Jimmy wished he could have a couple of those back" I didn't see it, but heard his interview he was really down after the game like the Wings lost.
        The backing into the net comes from the shot Selene scored on him from the corner.

When a goaltender feels he should have covered the hole better, his first response is to put his butt into the goal and feel the pipe on his back and arms.

His mechanics are good but, he seems to be a bit slow reacting. The best goalies anticipate and make the move he knows he needs to make just before the shooter lets it rip. Shooters have preferences and when half of the ice is taken away, it is not hard to figure out where the shooter is going to put the puck.

.........now, part of the problem here is going to be, is half the ice taken away?
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That question comes down to the defense.

Red Wings goalies in the past could feel very comfortable playing the shooter, confident that any passing attempt was going to be at the very least pestered or challenged, if not outright denied.

I don't think Howard can say that with the current defensemen in front of him.

Comment

• Good point Marko on the Selanne goal. Howard even said after the game 'he thought he had the post covered', now hes not as aggressive like he should be, can't play goalie being worried. And being a Detroit Red Wing goalie is the biggest scrutiny in this town behind the Lions QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              That question comes down to the defense.

Red Wings goalies in the past could feel very comfortable playing the shooter, confident that any passing attempt was going to be at the very least pestered or challenged, if not outright denied.

I don't think Howard can say that with the current defensemen in front of him.
              Their biggest problem has been moving the puck.

They are slow/weak on their breakout passes and they get intercepted or stolen.

When the wingers are getting chipped by the point, there has to be an understanding on where the D is going to put the puck and it should be where the winger has communicated that he is going after his trip up the boards has been altered.

These guys are not talking to each other enough other than what a nice win or we'll get them next time.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Cindy came back in style, Crosby scored twice in the game's first eight minutes but the Penguins lost to the New York Islanders 4-3. No sweep for the Pens, would be very interesting if Islanders can win the next game @ home.

Comment

• Rangers and Capitals having a blast of a game right now.

EDIT: And just as I say that, the Capitals score the game winner in OT; 1-0.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; May 4, 2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Wings fan on TWO open net shots with the 5-3 advantage.

Ouch.

Comment

• Hiller caught the Wings napping with a long pass... and now the Wings deal with a 5-3.

Something tells me the Ducks won't fan on an open shot if they get it.

EDIT: Fortunately they never even got the chance. Good PK for the Wings.

Comment

• GOONS in Red.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Abdelkader with a STUPID hit. Every minute of that 5 minute major was deserved. He left his feet and went right at Ludman's head.

Comment

• Abdelkader with a crush! Of course the NHL will pat Anaheim bottoms for being on the receiving end of a big boy hit.

On a side note, I noticed the Wings have stolen my over 40 fat guy on skates move where I lock my knees, lean forward, and ole' swipe my stick hoping the puck will jump onto the blade. I have scored zero goals. So it seems they have it figured out.
                            Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Anaheim scores quickly.

This is gonna get ugly REAL fast, and Abdelkader should be on a bus out of town tonight. He's not nearly good enough to excuse that level of boneheadedness.

Comment

• ANA shit the bed with the 5 min major in their sails

Only scored 1

But nearly gave up 3
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X