No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We hanging out in here today? Yes, I am new as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by StubbornFan4Life View Post
      We hanging out in here today? Yes, I am new as well.
      Nice new contributor in the recent game threads. Welcome.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Howdy from Oklahoma

Long time suffering Lions fan who grew up in southeast Michigan.

Just want to thank you all for starting this forum back in 2004????

Been following this forum since 2004 when I relocated out of state. Finally gave up my flip phone this year for a "smart phone".

First thing I discovered is that a "smart phone" is as smart as the user using it. ;-)

Go MSU! Looking forward to MSU going against Oklahoma in the NCAA football finals.

One last comment. Believe it or not, I have come across some other Okie Lions fans.

Comment

• Welcome to TBDLFOTN

I forgot to ask, what's your sister/wife's name? ;)
          Last edited by Panoptes; December 4, 2015, 06:47 PM.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Welcome Okie! Lurking since 2004?? That sounds creepy. Do we need to get a restraining order?

Comment

• Welcome!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                Welcome to TBDLFOTN
                Hey thanks.

Remember watching the Lions with a fellow construction worker on Thanksgiving back in 2005.

Told him that we'll have to hurry up with the beer at Kroger because the Lions will screw up and lose in overtime.

Of course I was right. Anyone remember the boneheaded personal foul, out of bounds, after the play was over, that gave the other team another shot to tie the game up and send it to overtime when the Lions had it "won"?

Like the walking dead, I converted another into a Lions fan that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                  Welcome Okie! Lurking since 2004?? That sounds creepy. Do we need to get a restraining order?
                  Not unless the feds labeled a flip phone a terrorist threat. :D

On the other hand, now that I am armed with a "smart phone", you'll all may have to reassess my security clearance here.

Comment

• Welcome Okie.

You just got to witness the Lions snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Do your self a favor and find another team to root for that won't force you to go to Kroger to get beer just to watch them.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Welcome Okie.

You just got to witness the Lions snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again.

Do your self a favor and find another team to root for that won't force you to go to Kroger to get beer just to watch them.
                      Thank you, and all the others, for the warm welcome. I suppose us Lions fans are the only fans in the world that could use a "self-help" forum.

"Hello, I'm Okie, and I'm a Lions fan"

"Welcome Okie!"

"@#$%&"

"Thank you for sharing Okie, come again."

Seriously, one has to have a good sense of humour to call oneself a Lions fan. Damn. The guys at work are going to have fun with me this morning. You're right, I'll have to pick another team.

Remember telling a co-worker some time ago that Lions fans are the only NFL fans that have two favorite teams. The Lions at the beginning of the season, and the other for when the Lions are mathematically eliminated for the year. But it gets old after awhile.....

"Thank you for sharing Okie, come again"

"@#$%&*!"
                      Last edited by OkieLion; December 4, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OkieLion View Post
                        Remember telling a co-worker some time ago that Lions fans are the only NFL fans that have two favorite teams. The Lions at the beginning of the season, and the other for when the Lions are mathematically eliminated.
                        And whoever is playing Dallas.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                          And whoever is playing Dallas.
                          LOL!

Just rented out the back bedroom to a Dallas Cowboys fan.

Comment

• Welcome
                            "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                              Welcome
                              Thank you.

Miss Michigan. Lived in nine different states the past eleven years. Can tell you, from personal experience, the nicest people in America are from Michigan and Oklahoma.

Oklahoma:

There are really only five counties. The rest of the state, whether shown on the map or not, are really Indian reservations. Some 48 or so tribes were relocated here. Appears to be at least three tribal headquarters nearby.

Whole lotta shaking going on. This region is now the earthquake capital of the world with over 5,000 of them so far this year. Common sense told me to buy a house trailer. Less stress. How would you like to go to bed every night worrying about another crack in the roof or foundation? Of course it is from fracking. Thankfully all the earthquakes are at least 50 miles away from where I live.

More shoreline in this state than the entire Atlantic coast.

Comment

• Welcome Okie.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X