• Show
Clear All

• Fred Dalton Thompson dies @ 73

Comment

• Big Al and Fred, RIP.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Oh no! Who is going to sell reverse mortgages on late night TV now?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Oh no! Who is going to sell reverse mortgages on late night TV now?
          Answer: Alex Trebek

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Oh no! Who is going to sell reverse mortgages on late night TV now?
            The Fonz.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Judge Judy.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Allen Toussaint died yesterday

Allen Toussaint, the influential New Orleans songwriter, musician and producer, dies of a heart attack. Glenn Campbell covered his song “Southern Nights.”

[ame]https://youtu.be/yV-bFdf6yu8[/ame]
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Who?
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Never heard of him either

Comment

• *sigh*

;)

Comment

• RIP Allen.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I am too young to know who he is but RIP.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Allen Toussaint

RIP Martin Fulop......., Soccer goalkeeper who had played for English clubs, Sunderland and Ipswich Town, and also Hungarian international goalkeeper. Died today @ 32 years old from cancer. Very sad news indeed. I remember his time at Ipswich....., always got good press, was a much liked guy. RIP.
                            Last edited by Marko69; November 12, 2015, 04:45 PM.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Allen Toussaint wrote "Working in a Coal Mine", "Mother in Law" and "Southern Nights" among many others, produced a ton of great stuff, worked with The Band to write the horns for their songs, wrote with Elvis Costello, in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and was presented with the National Medal of the Arts by the president in 2013...

He didn't like to sing, so he was a little more obscure, but he's responsible for a ton of incredible music. And by every account, a fantastic human being.

This is really cool. If you're short on time, go to the 1:00 mark to get past his intro noodling.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7F-JwTx_U"]Allen Toussaint - Yes We Can Can - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I saw him a few years ago in a small venue. He put on a great show.

Comment

Working...
                                X