DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old December 17th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #21
Mainevent

The grey is fine. So much better than the awful black.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #22
CGVT

The bar is low...
Old December 17th, 2017, 11:45 AM   #23
Cody_Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malto Marko View Post
Next thing we know, women will be burning bras because they are too confining and they look better without them.
Personally, prefer bras off than on.
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #24
The Ken

Awesome: The Uniforms. (There seems to be a divide on this one).

Good: Stafford was pretty damn good behind a patched up online. Agnew is a threat on every return. Big Play Slay earned his name. They stacked the box and stopped the run. MVP Prater. Diggs is a baller, damn he brings the wood.

Bad: too many penalties, pass rush especially toward the end of the game, no sacks against the last 5 bears linemen standing. Sam Martin consistency.

Ugly: Mitch Trubisky really sucks so we gotta keep things in perspective. Lions seemed to find a spark with Green running the ball and move away from it? I am so confused by the Lions running game.

Last edited by The Ken; December 17th, 2017 at 12:41 PM.
The Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #25
Mainevent

It’s exciting having Agnew back there returning punts. Haven’t had that since Eddie Drummond.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #26
froot loops

I think those gray uniforms could be better, but I didn't hate them.

At my daughter's b-ball game yeaterday, they had the Lion game on at the concession stand. Some guy said, "Gray uniforms, is that to signify the cloud hanging over the franchise for the last 60 years?" I know that dude was thinking of that line for weeks. It was amusing, but I no sold the joke.
froot loops is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:48 PM   #27
dsred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Russell View Post
The only way the Lions make the playoffs is if they beat GB in week 17... which, eliminates the Packers. Lions kind of need the Panthers to go 0-3 or Falcons/ Seahawks 1-2. GB winning today helps that cause. Falcons and Panthers play in week 17.
Simply, if Carolina wins today, Carolina is a lock. The benefit is GB is done today.
The game is a win-win. Id rather have both Wild Card spots still available heading into week 16. For that reason, rooting for Green Bay!
Lions are screwed if the Seahawks or Falcons go 2-1 IF Carolina wins today.
Just no. We ain't catching Carolina. GO PANTHERS!
Old December 17th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #28
dsred

I liked the gray unis. Maybe the pants could have had a blue stripe so they didn't look so underwearish, but whatevs.
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:07 PM   #29
FanFromCali

Just to add to the uniform debate:

I liked them. I understand the color rush movement is more about the younger fans (and I did try to be open minded about them), but in general I don't care for alternative jerseys. I don't even really like the throwback jerseys either. I would be fine with one home and one away and that's it.

All that said, I thought the Lion's choice of color scheme was pretty cool. The online community also seems to agree that the Lions have some of the better color rush jerseys as well.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #30
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ken View Post
Awesome: The Uniforms. (There seems to be a divide on this one).

Good: Stafford was pretty damn good behind a patched up online. Agnew is a threat on every return. Big Play Slay earned his name. They stacked the box and stopped the run. MVP Prater. Diggs is a baller, damn he brings the wood.

Bad: too many penalties, pass rush especially toward the end of the game, no sacks against the last 5 bears linemen standing. Sam Martin consistency.

Ugly: Mitch Trubisky really sucks so we gotta keep things in perspective. Lions seemed to find a spark with Green running the ball and move away from it? I am so confused by the Lions running game.
Lions running game is to set up the play action, that per the discussion Kurt Warner had with JBC. Warner discussed it during the Lions first drive.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #31
Cody_Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post
Bad: Beyond Decker and Lang (who really needs a full off-season to fully recover from his injuries) the line looked bad. I would be fine with three new starters at the other positions.
I didn't realize this initially, but it appears like a lot of the pressure came due to Glasgow and Dahl. (LG/C)

Evidence -
0:04
4:07
5:05
6:51
7:07

And shit, that's only the NFL.com highlight video. Yes Lions had "backups" at LG/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsred View Post
Just no. We ain't catching Carolina. GO PANTHERS!
Agreed, go Panthers!
You know what team was 9-4 and lost their last three games to finish 9-7 recently? The 2016 Detroit Lions. Certainly possible.
Two Wild Card Spots > One Wild Card Spot.
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #32
CGVT

Meatballs! Of course he loves meatballs!
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:22 PM   #33
dpatnod

Dilly Dilly!
Old December 17th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #34
The Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
Lions running game is to set up the play action, that per the discussion Kurt Warner had with JBC. Warner discussed it during the Lions first drive.

I heard all the dribble.

If the lions are going to insist on artificially running the ball at least stick with what was kinda is working is my point.

What about more plays with Agnew?

Riddick is to small to be an all down back, Abdullah isn't a good running back

Nevermind discussing zenner and Washington those experiments will be on the cutting room floor soon enough.
Old December 17th, 2017, 02:14 PM   #35
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
You guys are either crazy or over the age of 70 if you don't like those unis. Those were the best uniforms they have ever worn. I loved them. Most fans did as they were sold out of everything online by the end of the game.

Everything was good in that game except for that last scoring drive for the bears where the lions defense fell asleep at the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I thought the same. They looked fantastic
Old December 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #36
Dan V

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan20 View Post
You guys are either crazy or over the age of 70 if you don't like those unis. Those were the best uniforms they have ever worn. I loved them. Most fans did as they were sold out of everything online by the end of the game.

Everything was good in that game except for that last scoring drive for the bears where the lions defense fell asleep at the wheel.

Sorry I grew up when same color pants and shirts meant college or high school. The NFL is better than that. Only white on white (road colors) is OK.

There is a reason the traditional classic teams dont go for the monochrome look. (Dallas, Oakland, Green Bay). They respect the history of the NFL.

The grey tops would have looked great with blue pants. (or white)

Since the pants were ALL grey with no stripe, they looked like leotards or onsie toddler pajamas.

To top it off, the Lions looked damn gay doing their can-can kicking celebration in their 'Onsie" kiddy PJ's!

Don't ever think I would see Karras, singletary, Lawrence Taylor, or butkus doing a vegas can-can~

I don't mind the grey, just dont like MONOCHROME.

Nike and Oregon have destroyed uniforms

Yes I am old, but my son's friends think the color rush is ridiculous too.

Throwback thursday makes too much sense!

Last edited by Dan V; December 17th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.
Dan V is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 02:31 PM   #37
lionsfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan V View Post
Sorry I grew up when same color pants and shirts meant college or high school. The NFL is better than that. Only white on white (road colors) is OK.

There is a reason the traditional classic teams dont go for the monochrome look. (Dallas, Oakland, Green Bay). They respect the history of the NFL.

The grey tops would have looked great with blue pants. (or white)

Since the pants were ALL grey with no stripe, they looked like leotards or onsie toddler pajamas.

To top it off, the Lions looked damn gay doing their can-can kicking celebration in their 'Onsie" kiddy PJ's!

Don't ever think I would see Karras, singletary, Lawrence Taylor, or butkus doing a vegas can-can~

I don't mind the grey, just dont like MONOCHROME.

Nike and Oregon have destroyed uniforms

Yes I am old, but my son's friends think the color rush is ridiculous too.

Throwback thursday makes too much sense!
And I thought I was old! You make me sound like a teenager. The classic unis are boring. This is the NFL now like it or not you will have to get used to it. You don't move a brand forward by catering to a few old people that won't be watching the NFL in a few years and aren't likely buying many jerseys, hats, etc.

Edit: forgot to add that I don't like most of the color rush unis I have seen lately. I prefer the classic unis in most cases but I know younger fans love them and it makes sense for NFL. I always loved the lions throwback unis and I really like the new home and away lions unis for this season as well but these color rush are my favorite.

Last edited by lionsfan20; December 17th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 02:54 PM   #38
wcfwtf

I liked the jerseys more than I thought I would. There was something about the subtlety to the color that didn't make them so extreme as other color rush unis.
wcfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 03:09 PM   #39
Dan V

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcfwtf View Post
I liked the jerseys more than I thought I would. There was something about the subtlety to the color that didn't make them so extreme as other color rush unis.

Translation, they sucked, but not as bad as the seahawks or bills
Dan V is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old December 17th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #40
FanFromCali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Russell View Post
I didn't realize this initially, but it appears like a lot of the pressure came due to Glasgow and Dahl. (LG/C)

Evidence -
0:04
4:07
5:05
6:51
7:07
Bears vs. Lions | NFL Week 15 Game Highlights - YouTube

And shit, that's only the NFL.com highlight video. Yes Lions had "backups" at LG/C.
Great job with this on you. Nice video pull!

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. I'm more concerned with Glasgow as it was expected that he (unlike Dahl) would be a full-time starter next season either at LG or C. I'm just not seeing it.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote Top