DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old November 15th, 2017, 05:48 AM   #41
jaadam4

How are your nails looking today ma'am?
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:55 AM   #42
Marko69

Slacking a bit, mate. Just too busy. But got an app this Saturday.

Old November 15th, 2017, 06:12 AM   #43
jaadam4

Very nice.. Its modern gipsy meets Freedy Krueger. Its completely your style.
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #44
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemiclord View Post
The Lions have more than the NFC South teams to hurdle. Seattle and Dallas are also two teams with more than decent talent that is right there as well. One or both of them will have 9+ wins as well.

The only real chance the Lions have of making the playoffs is by winning the division. They won't get a Wild Card berth this year.
Guaranteed Seattle wins Division and LA gets a wildcard, all the other teams are playing for the other WC, that's too many teams for the Lions to leap over.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:45 AM   #45
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
The thing that i dont get is why is everyone
blowing the Vikings? Yes theyre sitting atop the division but the first half of the season they didnt play anyone.

Around here everyone is on the nuts of playing teams with winning records. As it stands now the Queens are 1-2 against winning teams.

The media and fanbase are pissed about us barely beating the Browns? Guess what the Queens were losing to the Browns at the half when they played them too. If the Lions BARELY beat the Browns by 14 then Im sure the Queens didnt blow them out by 17 right (sarcasm)

Oh and by the way, the Lions already beat them. In Minnesota!!

Good luck with the rest of that schedule Keenum.
Because they are playing much better now than they were when they had to make a change at QB. If you knew anything about the NFL - you would know it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Oh and, as it stands now the Queens are 2-2 against teams that currently have more wins than loses.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Last edited by dwt1; November 15th, 2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #46
CGVT

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ysr1i.jpg (18.9 KB, 60 views)
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #47
jaadam4

DILLY DILLY!!!
Old November 15th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #48
Marko69

Quote:
Very nice.. Its modern gipsy meets Freedy Krueger. Its completely your style.
True. But had to tone it down a bit though. Tightening rad valves was getting increasingly difficult witn every passing day.

Old November 15th, 2017, 08:40 AM   #49
Futureshock

Quote:
I get everyone erroring on the side of caution when it comes to the Lions but we actually have hope. That hope hinges on protecting Mathew Stafford.

We finished a burtal part of our schedule without our top OL watching Greg Robinson almost kill our QB. Now we have Decker and Corey Robinson back which is gigantic and Lelito is actually been damned good. If TJ Lang gets healthy we'll have an intact OL with fantastic depth.

This team will win or lose by offense and right now we should start to peak. Just keep Stafford upright
The Lions are playing the 2 games that worry me the most in the next 8 days.

They seem to not play as well in Chicago and wacky things happen there. And (I know I've stated it before, but...) it's where MS got his hand hurt last year. The offender, Leonard Floyd, still does the same thing that he did to MS; swing hard at the QBs throwing hand. I've seen him do it almost every game.

Then we get the Queens on T'giving. That last game, we won, but a number of players got injured and I think we're just now recovering. They have a knack for hurting players. I don't think there's been one game I've watched them not hurt a number of players on the other team.

We not only need to win these two, we need to also come out of it relatively healthy.

After that we have 10 days until we play again and IMO they will be rolling.
'
Take care of your business boys!

Last edited by Futureshock; November 15th, 2017 at 08:42 AM.
Futureshock is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #50
chemiclord

Quote:
The thing that i dont get is why is everyone
blowing the Vikings? Yes theyre sitting atop the division but the first half of the season they didnt play anyone.

Around here everyone is on the nuts of playing teams with winning records. As it stands now the Queens are 1-2 against winning teams.

The media and fanbase are pissed about us barely beating the Browns? Guess what the Queens were losing to the Browns at the half when they played them too. If the Lions BARELY beat the Browns by 14 then Im sure the Queens didnt blow them out by 17 right (sarcasm)

Oh and by the way, the Lions already beat them. In Minnesota!!

Good luck with the rest of that schedule Keenum.
I don't know if anyone is blowing the Vikings as much as acknowledging the Lions have been... inept at closing the deal when they've had a two game lead, much less when they're two games back.
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #51
Malto Marko

Let's face it.

Ya, the Vikes have been playing good D but, they have had a bit of luck getting to 7-2. Nothing wrong with that as a little luck is always a part of a Championship run but, they will be road warriors during the last half of their schedule playing teams that are also fighting to get into the playoffs.

The sand has about emptied on their hour glass.

With that said, that does not necessarily mean the Lions will put the pedal to the floor from here on out and lap them before the race ends.
Old November 15th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #52
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
The Lions are playing the 2 games that worry me the most in the next 8 days.

They seem to not play as well in Chicago and wacky things happen there. And (I know I've stated it before, but...) it's where MS got his hand hurt last year. The offender, Leonard Floyd, still does the same thing that he did to MS; swing hard at the QBs throwing hand. I've seen him do it almost every game.

Then we get the Queens on T'giving. That last game, we won, but a number of players got injured and I think we're just now recovering. They have a knack for hurting players. I don't think there's been one game I've watched them not hurt a number of players on the other team.

We not only need to win these two, we need to also come out of it relatively healthy.

After that we have 10 days until we play again and IMO they will be rolling.
'
Take care of your business boys!
Detroit loses to Minny on Thanksgiving, book it. It won’t even be close.

Old November 15th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #53
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malto Marko View Post
Let's face it.

Ya, the Vikes have been playing good D but, they have had a bit of luck getting to 7-2. Nothing wrong with that as a little luck is always a part of a Championship run but, they will be road warriors during the last half of their schedule playing teams that are also fighting to get into the playoffs.

The sand has about emptied on their hour glass.

With that said, that does not necessarily mean the Lions will put the pedal to the floor from here on out and lap them before the race ends.
In the first game against Minnesota, Detroit punted the ball 7 times out of twelve drives. Had just one long drive. Detroit won because thevikes fumbled the ball twice putting Detroit in scoring position.

Old November 15th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #54
dpatnod

Dildo Dildo!
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #55
Lionsfan123

I think I'm probably the only one that's not completely sold on the Vikings yet. I looked at their schedule and they hardly faced any good teams by far. Ok, they beat the Saints but they were awful early in the season and is now peaking as one of the better teams in the NFL this season. It would be interesting to see how the Vikings would fare against the Saints now.

They got blasted by Pittsburgh, got beat by the Lions at home, and struggled with the Browns. Rodgers was carving them up before he got hurt, which ultimately got the Vikings the win.

They beat Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Chicago, Baltimore and now Washington.

Ok, whatever but those teams aren't that good. This week they will be facing a really good football team which is the Rams (which I do see the Vikings losing against).

That Ram's team is pretty scary and alot teams should be afraid to face them right now. Their 2nd half schedule is brutal and given how the Vikings like to choke during the 2nd half of the season, the Lions could sneak their way and win the division regardless, unless the Lions decide to be themselves. I would say Green Bay would take the division in this scenario but they just aren't good enough right now to do it. Not without Rodgers.

Last edited by Lionsfan123; November 15th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Lionsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:03 PM   #56
Malto Marko

There is no guarantee the second game will be played like the first.

Decker back makes a difference.

A non gimpy Golliday would be a welcome addition also.

Turkey Day at home with Divisional and Playoff spots at steak......Lions do not sleepwalk through this one. They will either hit them in the mouth or tuck their tails and run.

I am guessing they will hit them in the mouth.
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #57
Marko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malto Marko View Post
I am guessing they will hit them in the mouth.
With some raw steak, MM?
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:10 PM   #58
LightninBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan123 View Post
I think I'm probably the only one that's not completely sold on the Vikings yet.
I think its more about not being sold on the Lions versus being sold on the Vikings. At least for me. Right now the Vikings look like the better team - which isn't saying that much really. The schedule heavily favors the Lions though.

That said, the Vikings win against Washington was impressive.
LightninBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:17 PM   #59
Malto Marko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko69 View Post
With some raw steak, MM?
I was thinking more of a size 12 with long turf spikes.

......guess that would be kicking......eh?
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #60
Mainevent

Yeah, who's touting the Vikings as unstoppable? This is more about the fact that the Lions screw the pooch usually when they have the potential for a stretch run.

The Vikings are far from perfect. But having a defense like theirs can cover up for a lot of ills. And people were banking on the fact that they have Keenum as their QB. Well, Keenum is 3rd in QBR and has 2 dynamic WRs and a good TE to throw to. They don't need an unstoppable O if the D holds up.

Now, Everson Griffen is hurt, and that's huge factor. He's nursing a foot injury and him being out of the lineup takes their pass rush down a notch or two. That helped the Skins come back in their game on Sunday.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top