Meh, I really don't care. Still waiting for that apathy thread. 5 13.51%
Not bad. I diddly-liddly love talking stupid shit. 4 10.81%
It f'in is the best! F&$K MS! This guy has the plan! 8 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 5th, 2016, 06:36 AM   #21
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
We don't like you because you are an idoit without a clue. You sound like the bum on the corner of a street yelling about end of days. You can never support your opinions with any really factual support but Pat yourself on the back because well, you know you are right.

The funny part is that if you weren't such an unbending dick, well you would have more people agreeing with you. For one I do agree with you that Stafford has shown that he doesn't have "it" or enough of "it" to be a long term successful QB for us. That by not having a better QB it will be harder to win a Superbowl. Most people here can agree with that. What they don't agree with is that 7-9 is as bad as 3-13. That we need a new QB now so badly that it's worth throwing season after season till we find "the one".
And the attacks begin - haters have to hate - worst part you guys aren't even original.

Dude - forumites did the same thing when I pointed out Joey Fucking Harrington sucked - shit fucking Gonzy still defends him to this day.

Funny part is that you have never tired of the 58 years of the same old excuses on why the Lions can't win.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Last edited by dwt1; May 5th, 2016 at 06:39 AM.
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 5th, 2016, 07:01 AM   #22
Topweasel

Gonz thinks the Lions ruined Joey. There is a difference even he agreed that he was broken before he left the Lions.

Like I said there isn't a bit of compromise with you which makes it hard to communicate. Look you want Stafford gone, I am sure many agree with you. I too want a better QB than Stafford. But you still need a decent QB to win games, specially on a team like the Lions. That is what Stafford is a decent QB.

It isn't worth throwing away any chance of even limited success if the results of letting go of Stafford means year after year of being at the bottom of the League looking for the it QB. It took 50 years for the Lions to be in spot and have the luck (if limited) to get a QB of Stafford's level. Look at the Browns they have been grabbing QBs for two decades now and still haven't even hit on a Stafford caliber QB.

So it's simple you don't look forward at a position for the future if completely kills the success of the team now. Just imagine you were the GM, would you really let go of Stafford because it was the "right thing to do", if it meant that you know you would be fired after the next year when you went 3-13 both years?
Old May 5th, 2016, 07:54 PM   #23
Coop

Joey cried his millions to the bank......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 5th, 2016, 09:12 PM   #24
dpatnod

Is that where he is doing his lounge act these days?
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:54 PM   #25
Drew

Quote:
Gonz thinks the Lions ruined Joey. There is a difference even he agreed that he was broken before he left the Lions.

Like I said there isn't a bit of compromise with you which makes it hard to communicate. Look you want Stafford gone, I am sure many agree with you. I too want a better QB than Stafford. But you still need a decent QB to win games, specially on a team like the Lions. That is what Stafford is a decent QB.

It isn't worth throwing away any chance of even limited success if the results of letting go of Stafford means year after year of being at the bottom of the League looking for the it QB. It took 50 years for the Lions to be in spot and have the luck (if limited) to get a QB of Stafford's level. Look at the Browns they have been grabbing QBs for two decades now and still haven't even hit on a Stafford caliber QB.

So it's simple you don't look forward at a position for the future if completely kills the success of the team now. Just imagine you were the GM, would you really let go of Stafford because it was the "right thing to do", if it meant that you know you would be fired after the next year when you went 3-13 both years?
2016 GOLDEN KEYBOARD lock!!!
Old May 5th, 2016, 11:54 PM   #26
dwt1

Quote:

Dude, it's simple PROVE ME WRONG - EXCUSES AREN'T PROOF.

And you're example about Cleveland - absolutely right, and the Lions are no closer to winning a Super Bowl than Cleveland is. Oh and why do you stop at Cleveland, they are the extreme, but there are other teams who have tried multiple QBs and have hit on success. Carolina drafted QB #1 two years in a row.

BTW, Detroit has had plenty of QB's over the last 50 years who couldn't win a playoff game, Stafford ISN'T special.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #27
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
Dude, it's simple PROVE ME WRONG - EXCUSES AREN'T PROOF.

And you're example about Cleveland - absolutely right, and the Lions are no closer to winning a Super Bowl than Cleveland is. Oh and why do you stop at Cleveland, they are the extreme, but there are other teams who have tried multiple QBs and have hit on success. Carolina drafted QB #1 two years in a row.

BTW, Detroit has had plenty of QB's over the last 50 years who couldn't win a playoff game, Stafford ISN'T special.
I don't have to prove anything the Lions keeping Stafford prove my point. As for Carolina they performed so badly with the first QB that they were in a lucky position to pick Cam. But I doubt a single player or coach was happy they did so badly they they got to pick Cam. The colts are mostly happy having Luck. But do you really think they were happy to go what was it 2-14 or something? Happy that they pretty much were forced to let go of a HoF QB?

So answer my question. You have a job that only 32 people at any given people can fill at a time. You have a family that you moved across the country. You have a QB that can lead the team to the playoffs, but unlikely to win a playoff game. You know you could do better if given the time. Would you cut that QB, knowing that there is a 90% chance you are fired within 2 year specifically because you cut that QB? Knowing it could be decades before you have a chance at that job again?

If the Lions went 2-14 this year the decision is easy. They would have a top spot to pick another top QB. But you don't pay 100million in salaries to throw away the season to get top pick on purpose.
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:27 AM   #28
Drew

I'd go further and say you don't throw away games at the end of the season for a better draft pick, but that's not in line with the current discussion.
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:28 AM   #29
dpatnod

See.... you are trying to use reason and logic.
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:53 AM   #30
dpatnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ken View Post
you know this thread will be killed in a few, just saying.
Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated.
Old May 6th, 2016, 01:46 PM   #31
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I'd go further and say you don't throw away games at the end of the season for a better draft pick, but that's not in line with the current discussion.
No it's a good point. In fact some teams when they know the best they are going to do 5-11 they'll still push for it in those last few games often trying harder than teams who need those wins to get into the play-offs. No team wants to be considered soft and they seem to relish in being a spoiler. It also unlike just about every other sport. There are so many "expendable players" that even if a GM or Coach wanted to lose they would try hard anyways because they are playing for an interview next season when the team they are on cuts them.

The only time allowing your team to lose is when drafting a top 10 pick at QB and you think its best for their development to play right away even if the veteran backup might be the safer bet for that first season.
Old May 6th, 2016, 09:57 PM   #32
dwt1

Quote:
I don't have to prove anything the Lions keeping Stafford prove my point. As for Carolina they performed so badly with the first QB that they were in a lucky position to pick Cam. But I doubt a single player or coach was happy they did so badly they they got to pick Cam. The colts are mostly happy having Luck. But do you really think they were happy to go what was it 2-14 or something? Happy that they pretty much were forced to let go of a HoF QB?

So answer my question. You have a job that only 32 people at any given people can fill at a time. You have a family that you moved across the country. You have a QB that can lead the team to the playoffs, but unlikely to win a playoff game. You know you could do better if given the time. Would you cut that QB, knowing that there is a 90% chance you are fired within 2 year specifically because you cut that QB? Knowing it could be decades before you have a chance at that job again?

If the Lions went 2-14 this year the decision is easy. They would have a top spot to pick another top QB. But you don't pay 100million in salaries to throw away the season to get top pick on purpose.
This is the NFL, if you don't win playoff games you're going to get fired. If you're not winning playoff games, you threw away the season.

BTW - point to one GM who has ever been fired for getting rid of a player

Old May 6th, 2016, 10:33 PM   #33
Passepartout

It is like this, beyond the playoff games. Super Bowl or bust! To each and every single coach.
Old May 6th, 2016, 10:35 PM   #34
dpatnod

MS did not lose any game by himself.

It's been a bad team.

For years.

I refer you to the established precident about getting bent, and how you should in the case studies of the people vs. DWT 1 through 5.

Last edited by dpatnod; May 6th, 2016 at 10:40 PM.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 7th, 2016, 12:38 AM   #35
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatnod View Post
MS did not lose any game by himself.

It's been a bad team.

For years.

I refer you to the established precident about getting bent, and how you should in the case studies of the people vs. DWT 1 through 5.
Uhmm....actually he did - The Lions had the ball with a chance to win the game. Where on first and ten, he threw an incomplete pass, Then on 2nd and 15 he did complete a 8 yard pass, then on 3rd and 7 he threw a 4 yard pass leaving 4th and 3. Then on forth down he failed to recognize the blitz and fumbled the ball away.

But I'll play your game, the measure of a great QB is not that they don't lose games, it's that they WIN games.

Old May 7th, 2016, 02:27 AM   #36
wcfwtf

He hasn't proven to be a big game player. No evidence so far in 5 complete years of NFL football.

He didn't lead Georgia to any big wins either.

It's unfortunate he started with a bang, but has regressed ever since. Which is a very bad sign.
wcfwtf is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 7th, 2016, 03:54 AM   #37
dwt1

He's a victim.

Old May 7th, 2016, 07:25 AM   #38
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwt1 View Post
This is the NFL, if you don't win playoff games you're going to get fired. If you're not winning playoff games, you threw away the season.

BTW - point to one GM who has ever been fired for getting rid of a player
Chip Kelly I'll give you another Bill Billicheck, now both were Coaches with player personal decision making. Oh at to that same list McDaniels.

But my point wasn't that they would get fired for letting the player go specifically, though it's a catalyst. My point is if you have a semi competitive team, like lets say a 7-9 and you cut, trade, or demote the player at the most important position. If that team then goes 3-13 you will probably be fired. If it's the Fords I would give you two seasons.

The people above made changes to a competitive team at QB. Only one of those moves was probably the right move. But it didn't matter. They sucked after the move and the decision makers fired them. If you are going to decide to cut, demote, trade Stafford if you don't have a QB that's better in the wings you will be fired. Since you have already stated you didn't have any better alternative, just that anything is better than Stafford in the sense he is known quantity of can't win with, you would do worse this year and probably next and will be fired. So again knowing you would be fired from a job you probably would get the chance at again. Would you still get rid of Stafford.

Last edited by Topweasel; May 7th, 2016 at 07:42 AM.
Topweasel is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 7th, 2016, 07:46 AM   #39
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcfwtf View Post
He hasn't proven to be a big game player. No evidence so far in 5 complete years of NFL football.

He didn't lead Georgia to any big wins either.

It's unfortunate he started with a bang, but has regressed ever since. Which is a very bad sign.
He had his second best season last year an had an over 90 Passer rating. Not as good as 2011 but not a regression when comparing it to 2012-2014. 2014 wasn't even that bad either it just was stat wise a very productive season.

Not saying he is a big game QB. He hasn't shown that. Just saying that it isn't going through some downward spiral.
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #40
dwt1

Quote:
Chip Kelly I'll give you another Bill Billicheck, now both were Coaches with player personal decision making. Oh at to that same list McDaniels.

But my point wasn't that they would get fired for letting the player go specifically, though it's a catalyst. My point is if you have a semi competitive team, like lets say a 7-9 and you cut, trade, or demote the player at the most important position. If that team then goes 3-13 you will probably be fired. If it's the Fords I would give you two seasons.

The people above made changes to a competitive team at QB. Only one of those moves was probably the right move. But it didn't matter. They sucked after the move and the decision makers fired them. If you are going to decide to cut, demote, trade Stafford if you don't have a QB that's better in the wings you will be fired. Since you have already stated you didn't have any better alternative, just that anything is better than Stafford in the sense he is known quantity of can't win with, you would do worse this year and probably next and will be fired. So again knowing you would be fired from a job you probably would get the chance at again. Would you still get rid of Stafford.
So it wasn't Billicheck's record of 36 and 44, but the fact that he got rid a player that led to 36 and 44 record that got him fired?? Got it. If you keep Stafford and don't win a playoff game......YOU WILL GET FIRED, ask mildew how keeping Stafford worked out for him.

Oh and Chip Kelly got fired because he failed to make the playoffs two years in a row.

But, it's funny that both of your examples immediately found HQ jobs.......Did Mildew find another GM job?

Last edited by dwt1; May 7th, 2016 at 11:12 AM.