LionsFanInJapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
mother fucker.......

I hate this team
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:18 PM   #4
Whitley

Overview

Prepped in North Carolina. As a true freshman in 2011, appeared in 10 games (one start) and tallied 10 receptions for 207 yards (20.7-yard average) and a touchdown. Did not play in the Independence Bowl against Missouri (academics). Started 11-of-12 games in '12, catching 40-625-4 (15.6). In '13, set the ACC single-season record for yards by a tight end -- started 11-of-13 games and totaled 62-973-3 (15.7), breaking Vernon Davis' conference record for receiving yards. Hurt his right shoulder and was limited against Old Dominion. Strained his right hamstring on his second 40-yard dash attempt at the NFL Scouting Combine and did not perform shuttles or drills.
Analysis

Strengths

Releases cleanly and accelerates into patterns. Outstanding athletic ability and receiving skills. Threatens every level. Advanced route runner. Pierces the seam and is a mismatch vs. man coverage -- regularly bested defensive backs. Terrific quickness, agility, balance and body control. Catches cleanly off his frame. Makes one-handed grabs look routine. Wide catching radius. Catches on the move and has an extra gear to pile up yards. Excellent production. Will be a 21-year-old rookie.
Weaknesses

Lacks ideal bulk. Can improve as a blocker, both in-line and on the move -- could stand to improve technique, physicality and finish. Not equipped to lock horns with NFL defensive ends. Inconsistent adjusting to and fitting on moving targets. Could stand to play with more consistent intensity and focus. Makes the occasional concentration drop. Ordinary touchdown production. Can be loud, boisterous and overly egotistical, which will rub some people the wrong way.
Draft Projection

Round 1
Bottom Line

Highly athletic, highly productive "F" tight end loaded with upside and mismatch capability. Possesses the speed, movement skills, hands and run-after-catch skills to emerge as a playmaking weapon in the pros, though has room to continue developing as a blocker. -Nolan Nawrocki
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #5
Larsky

Wow. He never sucked MY cock.

Lions are holding out on me.

j/k
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #6
Tony G

Tight End Specific Traits

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

Separation Skills
Unpolished route runner who telegraphs breaks and gets muscled off course. Would like to see better route savvy when working through traffic. However, he naturally separates thanks to outstanding movement skills. He shows the initial burst and top-end speed to threaten a defense vertically. He consistently runs past linebackers and also has enough size to box out safeties when ball is in air. Does a good job of getting inside leverage on seam routes. Finds pockets in zone looks. Could do better job of uncovering when zone collapses on him.

Ball Skills
Ball skills are not as good as perception. Makes some circus catches. Has long arms, shows adequate leaping ability and good body control to adjust. Hauls in high-percentage of away-from-frame opportunities. But too many focus drops on 'catchable' balls. Highest drop percentage (11 percent) in 2013 of all the top TE prospects.Big Play Ability1Most dangerous TE in class - as both vertical route runner and after catch. Explodes off the line and gains speed quickly. Legitimate seam-stretching weapon. Good suddenness and acceleration transitioning upfield after catch. Above average elusiveness for position and has a second-gear to threaten if given a crease (see: TD vs. Miami (Fla.) 2013 5:39 1st quarter).

Competitiveness
Highly competitive when he's a top option in passing game. Otherwise, effort and competitiveness are underwhelming.

Blocking
Effort as a blocker is inconsistent both in-line and in space. When he does give effort, he is capable of establishing good positioning and occasionally shoots hands inside and shows ability to sustain. Does not project as a player with the mindset, strength and toughness to develop into a decent 'Y' in the NFL. Can be an effective move blocker if focus and consistency of effort improves.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Newbomb Turk
the corpse of Hope

good call Chem....... you nailed the depths of the stupidity of Mildew that even I thought did not exist...........
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Chuck Cunningham

Way to go Millendee!! Well hopefully this finally end watching this idiot run the team. Bring in the next idiot
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #9
Panoptes

BILL FORD JR. approves of this pick. Otherwise he steps in. LIKE HE FN SHOULD HAVE to over rule the stupid redundancy.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #10
LionsFanInJapan

The only enjoyment I'm going to have for the rest of today is the laugh I'll get as Mayhew tries to explain why Ebron was the guy.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #11
Chuck Cunningham

^ Ford jr is the guy who recruited hard to get Millen.....nuff said
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #12
Craven

They are building up a team for Stafford to succeed. They don't care about winning.
Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #13
LionPride

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

I agree, but PICK DEFENSE
LionPride is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:27 PM   #14
Panoptes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven View Post
They are building up a team for Stafford to succeed. They don't care about winning.
So true.

This is his 6th year and they haven't given him anyone to work with.

<remove tongue from cheek>
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #15
-Deborah-

A Larsky sighting!! Congratulations on things...hope you are well.

As for the pick, good player...weird time for them to pick him. As usual. But lots of draft left, they can still add some difference-makers on defense. No reason to insult our new TE!!
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #16
Mainevent

Wish I could say I'm surprised. I like him as a prospect but would have preferred about a dozen other moves here.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #17
AMP

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What a joke. A TE with the dropsies.

A lot of people on this board will love the pick.
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #18
lions&tigers&wings...yea

fuck fucking fuckers...we better get something great out of this draft to make me forget this first pick.
2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27
lions&tigers&wings...yea is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #19
Tony G

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
The only enjoyment I'm going to have for the rest of today is the laugh I'll get as Mayhew tries to explain why Ebron was the guy.
Nope, Lewand will show up for the presser with a copy of "The Plan" that had them drafting Ebron all along
Old May 8th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #20
Cody_Russell

Lions blew a lot of leads because of Stafford as well (it wasn't just the defense)... and getting him a playmaker that can get open (Ebron) and not drop the ball (Tate) is what they needed.