DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old January 11th, 2018, 05:09 PM   #1541
Malto Marko

Day both be dogs in the Disney realm but Bim is not Clapper.
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #1542
bimmer84

Ha!
bimmer84 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:04 PM   #1543
Trickalicious

In response to the Board of Poo's humble pleas of its constituency, we are pleased to unveil the new color rush poo. According to chapter eleventy-twelf, sub article potato; "the omni-righteous Board shall utilize the color rush poo to bring shame and unquestionable resentment upon the unplucked head responsible for transposing all thoughts, ranging from stoopit (up to and including retarted), from brain-fart stage to readable electrons until said head is unceremoniously re-inserted into one's nether crease. Hence forth and forever more, the color rush poo shall be immediate evidence of written diarrhea while the bloo poo remains the mark of average dipshitedness."

Without further ado, the color rush poo (you may now rejoice at an appropriate level):

rushpoo.jpg
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:19 PM   #1544
dpatnod

Meh. Is there a throwback poo?
Old January 14th, 2018, 09:56 PM   #1545
CGVT

Throwback poo?

Old January 14th, 2018, 10:05 PM   #1546
dpatnod

THis is a complicated scale.
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:53 PM   #1547
ColoradoLion

To follow up on the dwt vs. everybody war, this has gotten much better. I put him on ignore, and since all of the reactions -- gifs and dilly dillys -- have ended, the threads aren't getting completely hijacked.

To all of the mods, particularly Deb, thank you all for your help. Yours is a thankless job. Well, except for that one right there.
ColoradoLion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM   #1548
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deborah- View Post
Okay, I am missing the posts by him that are causing so much ire. Can someone point me to the these? I am apparently missing something here...
This is probably to late in the discussion. But the issue with DWT isn't that his posts in and of themselves are inflamitory. It's one of the reasons why I took so long to ignore him (without needing to respond with "this user is ignored" or "dilly dilly" every time he posts).

But he makes it impossible to talk anything positive about the Lions. Like what Quinn is doing immediately after it's 3 posts about how Quinn is responsible for keeping Stafford and therefore complicit in SOL. How Stafford is ruining the team. How no matter how many games the teams win doesn't matter (recently posted again that 9-7 was as bad as 0-16). Any topic. Talking about the run game, doesn't matter Stafford. Who is are next coach, doesn't matter Stafford. Who is going to win the Superbowl, doesn't matter Lions will never get there Stafford.

It's all the same crap slightly changed to fit the conversation at hand. It's made even worse because when Stafford is at his best like almost all of '16 and a lot of early 17. He pretty much didn't post. But as it became more apparent the Lions we're missing the playoffs it has been a non-stop mess. He has been more disruptive to conversation than Captain Blue or The Strategy Expert ever were. Sure GCVT and others made it worse. But for them I think it was the only fun they could have in this scenario. Even if it was at some others expense.

This isn't because my opinion is different. AMP, wcfwtf, or even Gonz (who seems to have fallen more off the deep end lately) all do some of the same stuf and have the same opinion. But not as pervasive. I put DWT on ignore months ago and it's gotten worse, but those three I don't even ignore. I hate the idea of silencing opinions but while those three sound like the crazy uncle that tell you his crazy opinion when there is an opportunity to do so. DWT is like a door to door missionary coming by every dinner slamming on the door and pounding on the windows, saying he can see you in there and that you listen to him because the world is ending. It's that pervasive.

It's gotten to the point that I dreaded coming to the forum. I'd go weeks without posting. Not because the Lions lost. I have dealt with that without going camping. It's because I need that DWT would feel empowered. Honestly I just learned Jadaam left over this, so I haven't really checked in the last week if DWT has cleaned up his act. I don't know if banning him is the answer. But as long as he feels empowered I feel he will keep this up and it is tearing apart the forum. Bit by bit the semi regulars will disappear. Guys like Jadaam might tell us. But the rest will post less and less and eventually someone else will post where did that guy go noticing they hadn't posted in months. I am not threatening to leave, but i can recognize my own actions. I was posting less. How long before my love of the Lions and desire to converse with the sane people on the forum start to become more of a chore than it is worth? Hopefully never, but still.
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #1549
-Deborah-

I don't have a lot of options here. Banning someone for expressing their (annoying) opinion is not what we typically do around here, but say I was open to doing so...what's to stop them from registering a new account?

I'd love some realistic suggestions.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM   #1550
Mainevent

I don't know that there is anything you can do, Deb, short of confining him to a single thread. But Top is right, he literally operates like a spam bot, finding active threads and posting the same shit in a different jumble of word salad every time. There are others here who don't support or believe in Stafford, but they actually can have a conversation on other subjects, or offer some level of nuance to the discussion.

I do agree that the constant meme'ing has grown a bit tiresome. Just put him on ignore/scroll past his posts and move on. Not perfect, but what are you going to do.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #1551
kreton

I don't get the DWT hate. He comes across as a frustrated Lions fan. TBH most of you guys are pretty close to as negative as he is for a good portion of the year. If you start asking the mods to ban people because they are too negative this place is going to be missing a lot of names.
kreton is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #1552
UKBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deborah- View Post
I don't have a lot of options here. Banning someone for expressing their (annoying) opinion is not what we typically do around here, but say I was open to doing so...what's to stop them from registering a new account?

I'd love some realistic suggestions.
How about a by invitation only sub forum here with our own moderators that can watch for a DWT alternate account and ban him from the sub forum? That way it wouldn't affect the main board.
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #1553
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreton View Post
I don't get the DWT hate. He comes across as a frustrated Lions fan. TBH most of you guys are pretty close to as negative as he is for a good portion of the year. If you start asking the mods to ban people because they are too negative this place is going to be missing a lot of names.
It's not that he is negative. We all get negative at some point. It's not that he doesn't like whom a lot of Lion fans would consider their best player. It's how he approaches conversations. It's not a two way street and many times it is off topic (or the topic slightly moved to something where Staffords name was brought up), it's the same thing, and it's pervasive. Even without the Memes its 5 regular post by other uses 3 ignored posts from DWT, one response, 3 posts from DWT, two posts, 2-4 posts from DWT. Eventually he'd get bored and you might see another 4-5 posts before he comes back with another 3.

This wasn't always and issue with him. In 2015 and before the 2016 season he had these same opinions and him and the rest of the guys could be engaged. They would post something, people would challange it, they would respond (maybe a lot of non-answers, but they were actually responding to posts). The topic changed and they would post on that topic and sometimes be reasonable. Then Stafford had a great season last year and they all disappeared till the very end of the season, again did their 2015/16 discussions and everything was good. Then sometime in Octoberish DWT seemed to have snapped. He isn't a grumpy Lions fan that has given up, or even if he is that isn't what is happening here. It's outright trolling.

As for what to do. I don't know. Maybe a warning from an Admin,maybe a time out so he doesn't feel the need to create a new account and if he does i might convince some people still engaging him that he really is a troll. In the end I don't know, it's sad that I even had to create that previous post.
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #1554
dsred

He loves all this talk about him. Just sayin'.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #1555
guitarjack87

Its a Lions fan forum. When you just shit on Stafford over and over, and leave when the Lions are doing well, you aren't a Lions fan. He doesn't belong here anymore.
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #1556
unknown lions fan

I still don't understand why someone gets upset that someone else doesn't feel the way they want them to.

If you want to be an optimist, who gives a fuck what other people think?

And on the topic of dwt, the more you guys reacted, the more he was encouraged. My scroll wheel works.
unknown lions fan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #1557
dpatnod

Lot of truth there.

But it is our human nature to point out - hey watch out that's some bullshit right there. You don't want to step in that. Hard to fight that calling out bullshit instinct.

This is true, especially if this is a place for 'discussions' about the Lions football team. And especially if you are trying to use reason and logic in that discussion.

Now, if you are wanting to roll around on the ground Cam Newton-after-losing-a-Superbowl-style, and pound your fists into the ground screaming how you don't want vanilla ice cream, you only want chocolate....... You might get treated with the response that behavior calls for.

If you are going to make a claim in some public space designated for such discussions, surprise, there may be an opposing point of view.

The decrying of an agreived status by dwt whenever there is push back against dwt's bullshit is rediculous. If you don't agree with his views, well it's didlo jokes and names for you, buddy. And there is no room for discussion, so there is no point in him interjecting the bullshit anyhow. That's why you can't ever broach the subject of 'what to do' to fix the situation? All that matters is that you know the toddler wants NOT VANILLA dammit!

His opinion is fact. He's fucking Trump.

Last edited by dpatnod; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.
dpatnod is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM   #1558
Trickalicious

^^^^ Fake post.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM   #1559
dpatnod

Ha!
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #1560
Panoptes

That means dwt is WINNING.

A lot