DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old December 30th, 2017, 03:40 PM   #5061
UKBB

Anyone have Sling TV? I'm thinking of getting it for a month to watch the bowl games.
Old December 31st, 2017, 08:30 AM   #5062
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBB View Post
Anyone have Sling TV? I'm thinking of getting it for a month to watch the bowl games.
I do, what do you want to know?
Old December 31st, 2017, 08:42 AM   #5063
Topweasel

While I am in this thread, I just got a new car last week. A 2018 Jeep Compass Limited. It came with a 8.4" Uconnect stereo. This unit supports Android auto and Carplay. I don't know if the carplay is worth it but Android Auto is fantastic. I didn't get Nav and didn't know that it had AA at the time. But with Android Auto you can get TbT Nav on screen from the phone, not just from Google Maps, but Waze as well (maybe others as well). All of a sudden a $1000 option is made useless. Also doing voice searches for directions is a breeze.

But you also get really good audio integration for a lot of music services (even audible for those who like audio books). The hands free text messaging probably isn't as good as Siri, but still a decent capability that I have been missing.

While I like my Jeep a lot so far. I am not telling people to get that. But what I am saying is that if you are getting a car new off the lot. I would put Android Auto or Apple Carplay (depending on your phone) on to the list of features that it would be nice to have.
Old December 31st, 2017, 08:50 AM   #5064
Malto Marko

Tanks, Top.
Old December 31st, 2017, 10:34 AM   #5065
-Deborah-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
While I am in this thread, I just got a new car last week. A 2018 Jeep Compass Limited. It came with a 8.4" Uconnect stereo. This unit supports Android auto and Carplay. I don't know if the carplay is worth it but Android Auto is fantastic. I didn't get Nav and didn't know that it had AA at the time. But with Android Auto you can get TbT Nav on screen from the phone, not just from Google Maps, but Waze as well (maybe others as well). All of a sudden a $1000 option is made useless. Also doing voice searches for directions is a breeze.

But you also get really good audio integration for a lot of music services (even audible for those who like audio books). The hands free text messaging probably isn't as good as Siri, but still a decent capability that I have been missing.

While I like my Jeep a lot so far. I am not telling people to get that. But what I am saying is that if you are getting a car new off the lot. I would put Android Auto or Apple Carplay (depending on your phone) on to the list of features that it would be nice to have.
My 2018 Equinox also has Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I agree with you, the Android Auto has a lot of very cool features. "Okay, Google. Navigate to Costco" and it will pull up the best route and off you go...all hands-free! I've used Amazon Music and Spotify with it but haven't tried any audiobooks as of yet.
Old December 31st, 2017, 10:58 AM   #5066
Frank Van Dusen
100 Miles Away

My Renegade has the Uconnect, I can operate my phone through it via Bluetooth, but I mainly use the XM radio. Also, it has the navigation system with it. The best thing though is I was able to download the siriusxm app on my phone and can stream XM while I'm at work, which includes listening to Mark and Jim on Sunday afternoons lament the boys in Honolulu blue.
Old December 31st, 2017, 11:46 AM   #5067
UKBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
I do, what do you want to know?
Is it reliable, does it stutter and buffer a lot, how is the customer service?
Old December 31st, 2017, 12:04 PM   #5068
Topweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBB View Post
Is it reliable, does it stutter and buffer a lot, how is the customer service?
Don't know about customer service because I haven't had an issue with it. There are no drop in signal, it does a very smooth but rate drop if the connection speed is low. Buffering is only an issue on my Apple TV.

My only complaint would be that I pay $5 for DVR. Some times certain recording just error out on certain devices I use and it's never the same one when it does that. Of all the devices my Apple TV has acted up the most, sometimes requiring me to close out the app, or it just refusing to start a VOD episode. My Fire TV HD, phone, and my mom's Ruku premiere, and my Xbox all are great outside the limited DVR issue.