Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
    They do when you bring your phone from Japan. I'm not looking forward to my bill next month.

Glad your daughter made it there safely, AE. I'm sure when the honeymoon phase of living out there wears off you'll be getting a lot of phone calls from her telling you how homesick she is!
    I am to LFIJ. She stated that one of the other roommates was on their way with her parents and her car broke down. Car was not worth fixing, so her parents just bought her a brand new one. She only took the basic necessities with her and the car was packed. She stated what she needs already and I got box 1 of many ready to go out today. They got to the house/apt. and there is no AC there. At least she packed a big fan. They will need to find a store that sells a lot of stuff for cheap.
    My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Glad she made it safe and sound, AE. Where is she in Cali and what college is she going to attend?
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
        Glad she made it safe and sound, AE. Where is she in Cali and what college is she going to attend?
        Thanks, me to. She is in Long Beach and going to the Long Beach City College. From their apt. to the school it is not quite 2 miles one way.

Comment

• Did she bring her bicycle?
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• AE,

Send her this....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Did she bring her bicycle?

No, she has no bike. She did state before she left that she wanted 1, but there would have been no room in the car. She might have to get 1 down there. Using a bike, she may avoid getting a $93.00 parking ticket. They did not know that they are not to park where the curbs are red; she just read the signs. Told her to fight it, that she just moved there, blah, blah, blah; from where I come from we don't do that. Hope it works, but the worst they can say is no.

Comment

• Originally posted by YT View Post
                Thanks YT, I will make sure that she gets this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
                  No, she has no bike. She did state before she left that she wanted 1, but there would have been no room in the car. She might have to get 1 down there. Using a bike, she may avoid getting a $93.00 parking ticket. They did not know that they are not to park where the curbs are red; she just read the signs. Told her to fight it, that she just moved there, blah, blah, blah; from where I come from we don't do that. Hope it works, but the worst they can say is no.

Welcome to cali. Home of the jack booted aholes that are here not to serve and protect but to tax and harass.

Fighting a parking tix with the did not know defense will not work. Sorry.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Well, I am in the same boat as Sharkey and Angeleyes.

Yesterday, Mr. Unsociable moved out. He is moving to an apartment at school.

Technically, he is old enough that this could have happened a few years ago but, it didn't.

A bittersweet moment. I am happy to see him strike out on his own but will miss not seeing him and messing with him daily.

Comment

• How far away is he, Mark?
                      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Not too far. Ypsilanti.

Comment

• That's good. At least you can go and see him or vice versa.
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Well, I am in the same boat as Sharkey and Angeleyes.

Yesterday, Mr. Unsociable moved out. He is moving to an apartment at school.

Technically, he is old enough that this could have happened a few years ago but, it didn't.

A bittersweet moment. I am happy to see him strike out on his own but will miss not seeing him and messing with him daily.
                            Did he take his G(osh)D dog with him?!?!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to include a "Congratulations" for putting enough feathers on that bird so it could fly solo.
                            Last edited by Panoptes; August 8, 2014, 12:12 PM.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• No Gonz, the dog belongs to Tailgunner.

......and yes, LFIJ, it's not like he is moving away that takes a long to to visit but, I will miss messing with him on a daily basis.

.......so here someone will chime in and say well you can call him or text him.

I know but, when messing with my kids, I prefer to do it with a stone face and see how far I can pull their leg.

Comment

• So in my fantasy league, each person (12 people) gets 3 keepers.
                                Some guy kept Andy Dalton with his keeper pick... I find this to be hilarious and stupid.
                                Sure, Dalton will probably be a good NFL QB.
                                But using a 3rd Round pick on Dalton?! I'm not sure if he knows, but Hue Jackson has taken over at offensive coordinator and is implementing a run-heavy offense. If Jay Gruden stuck around, I'm not even sure if Dalton would be worth it.

I only had one keeper ( Matt Forte) because my next best players were Spiller, Richardson, and Fitzgerald ... and I get either the 1st or 2nd overall pick of our draft because only one other person just had one keeper. Bennard from Cinci and Martin from TB are available. Lucky me.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X