No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm not sure. It is a 7th and 8th grade meet and she's a 7th grader. We were looking at results of last year and the winner was 34-35 feet. Her distance would have gotten about top 12, she'd have to get a few more feet. But we're going to practice over the weekend. She's really only practiced it hard for a week, so maybe she could gain a few more feet, but that 31 foot throw was really unexpected.

Comment

• What is a 7th grader? Do you mean in school terms........, like Primary 7 over here? Which would be 11 year olds? And if so........, an 11 year old can throw at shot put 31 fking feet???
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah she is in the 7th grade in school. she just turned 13. For girls that age they use a 6 lb shotput.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Hey DanO, did you get someone to squeeze your shaved balls so you could hit the high notes?
          Absolutely.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• My son recorded this today. He says it is "pretty crappy". I though it was pretty good

record, sounds, share, sound, audio, tracks, music, soundcloud
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                My son recorded this today. He says it is "pretty crappy". I though it was pretty good

https://soundcloud.com/will-steudle
                Crappy to an aspiring artist looking for perfection but wonderful for those who like music and Damn Good for those who have made music and enjoy talent.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well, once again, I am a very lucky man.

Yesterday I got a call from Mr. Unsociable.

.....as you may remember, he signed up before he graduated HS to join the military. His older brother and I tag teamed him and managed to convince him he was not making the best of choices.

Well, he was assigned to a unit to report to after he completed basic training. He graduated in '09 and was scheduled to go into basic three weeks after graduation.

He informed me the unit he was assigned to was deployed to Afghanistan in the fall of '11.

While deployed, his unit was "bombed" and only a very small percentage of the unit survived.

Once again, I am thanking my lucky stars and in particular, the guardian angle that is looking over Mr. Unsociable.

Comment

• Nice story, Mark. Never overlook those guardian angles.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                        Nice story, Mark. Never overlook those guardian angles.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
                        Acute response but don't be so obtuse.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                          Well, once again, I am a very lucky man.

Yesterday I got a call from Mr. Unsociable.

.....as you may remember, he signed up before he graduated HS to join the military. His older brother and I tag teamed him and managed to convince him he was not making the best of choices.

Well, he was assigned to a unit to report to after he completed basic training. He graduated in '09 and was scheduled to go into basic three weeks after graduation.

He informed me the unit he was assigned to was deployed to Afghanistan in the fall of '11.

While deployed, his unit was "bombed" and only a very small percentage of the unit survived.

Once again, I am thanking my lucky stars and in particular, the guardian angle that is looking over Mr. Unsociable.
                          I'm confused. Did he join the service or was he able to change plans and not go after all?

Sorry to hear about the folks in that unit. :(
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• He signed before he graduated from HS and he was legal age to do so. He wanted to qualify for Special Ops. The recruiter led him to believe he was a prime specimen to do that.

His brother and I convinced him his physical qualifications were an obstical and his mental qualifications should be used to produce a better income.

He did have a difficult time making his decision.

He now sees how his Dad and Big Brother were thinking.

.....he is still working on using his mental abilities to produce an income. Not from a lack there of, but still doing school and learning to grow up.

Comment

• Still confused. Did he end up in the Army deployed to Afghanistan where he was among the few survivors of the attack you mentioned?

Comment

• He did not enter the Army. He supplied a letter of change of circumstance which excused him from reporting.

Comment

Working...
                                X