No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so since Rosie was so young when we adopted her, we had to keep taking her back to finish off her shots.

Supposedly she was 9 weeks old when we got her. Having had a handful of litters of puppies, I thought she was a bit younger than that.

First time back, she weighed in at 10.3 lbs. Second time, 15.7. Third time 21.7 (officially)

The first reading on the scale, the tech was ready to weigh her in at 19.4 but she was moving while on the scale. I asked the tech if she wanted me to steady her while being weighed and she agreed. Second reading came in at 21.7 which is what was recorded but I was still not sure about it as she was trying to exit the platform.

While waiting to get the paperwork in place after her exam so I could pay the bill and go home, I took her over to the scale and got her to sit quietly on it for a true reading. The little porker weighed in at 22.3 lbs.

I was a bit confused however because if she was 9 weeks when we adopted her, she would have been 17 weeks old at yesterdays appointment.

She got her final shots which included a 1 year rabies vaccination. The certificate given to prove she has had her rabies shot listed her at 15 weeks and 3 days.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

This kind of calls the validity of their paperwork into question. Not that a week or two here or there will make a difference but, the inconsistency of information is puzzling.

.......and FTR, for the second time, another pet named Rosie was having a scheduled appointment at the same time as my Rosie.

Makes me think we picked a pretty common name but, she was named Rosie because getting nipped by her sharp milk teeth felt like getting stung by a rose thorn.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
      Makes me think we picked a pretty common name but, she was named Rosie because getting nipped by her sharp milk teeth felt like getting stung by a rose thorn.
      Coulda named her Rosie Nip or Nip Milk.

Nah, probably a million of those.
      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
        Coulda named her Rosie Nip or Nip Milk.

Nah, probably a million of those.
        Ya, but I didn't taste the nip.;-)

Comment

• Fireworks tonight - on my way home from work, - He usually throwing a fit, not tonight. Barked in the car once. . Got home, went in the bed and started snoozing away .... I even woke him up and he was like yea, I hear it... would rather sleep..
          Last edited by WingsFan; June 21, 2015, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Reba is 14 today!!

I was hesitant to adopt her as she was 10 years old and I didn't want my heart ripped out all over again so soon after Sonny had died, but it's been four years now and she's still doing great. I'm so lucky!!
              Attached Files
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yes, you are!

Happy birthday to Reba and she is lucky to have such a loving partner.

Comment

• Yea, that very good of you to take an older dog in and 14 is very good for a golden. Thanks for being a great pet owner!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                  "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
                  Colin Powell

Comment

• Happy birthday Reba.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Reba is the lucky one!

Comment

• Happy birthday, Reba! I can't believe it's already been four years!
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Happy birthday Reba! I love older pups. They are just so sweet and mellow. I love when a puppy is around and they look at you and you can see the *sigh* in their eyes.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
                            Reba is the lucky one!
                            Reba hit the dog world lotto.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Awww, she's so sweet!
                              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Your the best Deb! Happy Birthday Reba!

Comment

Working...
                                X