Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent,
    Do you have much experience with establishment jurisprudence? If so, can you explain the principled difference between the state being required to allow churches the benefits of government, but being exempt from any "burden" of government?

Seems to me the wall between church and state is becoming a one way barrier and I don't see why that should be.

Obviously this is related to yesterday's Trinity Lutheran case.
    Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; June 27, 2017, 02:21 PM.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• two people need a new knee but the government only has enough to pay for one

equal candidates in every way

one person stays home all day blogging on a computer

one person works construction has a family of four

same principle except natural selection is already occurring

the construction guy paid for insurance because he has family obligations

the blogger figures the government will take care of him

the blogger falls into the 22 million

but you guys screw the construction worker who has to pay higher premiums and higher deductibles so he cant afford to get that new knee --to high of a deductible

but the blogger who doesn't work is getting a new knee because he has no income and therefore no premiums or deductibles and the construction worker will pay for it because he cant afford not to work

true stores happens every day

Comment

• actually, the answer in the future will be both are provided aspirin and a wheelchair. It won't be a choice of who gets the surgery, but what type of care is provided to all. There will be a level of supply contraction to maintain costs. That is unavoidable.

For the person who couldn't afford even a wheel chair or the pain meds, this is probably really good. For others, they will probably have add on insurance out of pocket if they will want more...
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          two people need a new knee but the government only has enough to pay for one

equal candidates in every way

one person stays home all day blogging on a computer

one person works construction has a family of four

same principle except natural selection is already occurring

the construction guy paid for insurance because he has family obligations

the blogger figures the government will take care of him

the blogger falls into the 22 million

but you guys screw the construction worker who has to pay higher premiums and higher deductibles so he cant afford to get that new knee --to high of a deductible

but the blogger who doesn't work is getting a new knee because he has no income and therefore no premiums or deductibles and the construction worker will pay for it because he cant afford not to work

true stores happens every day
          I take it you are for kicking out the elderly with Medicaid. Ignoring the disabled. True stores. Gotta get that tax cut for the wealthy and nobody else.

Comment

• I want one of those blogging jobs! But only if I can I grow my hair out and put it in a ponytail.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Portman and Capito now oppose the bill

Comment

• I'm not for kicking out the elderly

I'm trimming the Medicaid enrollees from 75 million to 60 million

1/4 of this country should not be on Medicaid

there are 125 million workers in this country-225 million are not

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Portman and Capito now want in on the payoffs so long as the bill wasn't going to pass anyway.
                  Fixed!

Comment

• Like I said nearly two thirds on Medicaid are elderly or the disabled. Another 20 percent of the funding goes toward children, if you are for this bill, you are for dumping on the elderly, the disabled and children. There is no way around it, you may come up with pleasing scenarios of the construction worker versus the blogger, but that's not a realistic scenario for the vast majority of folks in Medicaid.

59 percent of the non-SSI adult workers getting Medicaid work. 41 percent are full time, 18 percent are part time.

Comment

• SLF:

Establishment is promoting religion. Interfering with free exercise is, well, a free exercise problem. If a state ONLY gives benefits to a certain religion, that's establishment. If a state excludes someone from a program open to all because of religion, that's a free exercise problem.

Missouri had an anachromatic State constitutional provision that got them sideways. I think the decision yesterday was incredibly straight-forward.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                        I'm not for kicking out the elderly

I'm trimming the Medicaid enrollees from 75 million to 60 million

1/4 of this country should not be on Medicaid

there are 125 million workers in this country-225 million are not
                        At minimum if you add the population of ages 65 and over with the ages of children 18 and under you get a number of 112 million. It seems to me you are raging against the fact that there are kids and old people. Get the sweatshops back running.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          SLF:

Establishment is promoting religion. Interfering with free exercise is, well, a free exercise problem. If a state ONLY gives benefits to a certain religion, that's establishment. If a state excludes someone from a program open to all because of religion, that's a free exercise problem.

Missouri had an anachromatic State constitutional provision that got them sideways. I think the decision yesterday was incredibly straight-forward.
                          I don't know that it wasn't. But how can churches be exempt from taxes (by the constitution of course), and get the benefits of taxes. That seems to me to be an issue. On one hand, they are exempt from a statute of General applicability because of religion, but on the other hand they cannot be exempted from a statute of General applicability.

Thanks for the establishment/free exercise refresher. It's been a minute since I dealt with these issues.
                          Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; June 27, 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            At minimum if you add the population of ages 65 and over with the ages of children 18 and under you get a number of 112 million. It seems to me you are raging against the fact that there are kids and old people. Get the sweatshops back running.
                            You are unaware of the millions and millions of unemployed able bodied bloggers just getting paid huge money by the government to do nothing all day?

Comment

• I was never really a Kasich guy, he seemed like a better version of Gingrich back in the 90's. He was better than Gingrich but still of the same cloth. But his journey to the wilderness is a fun ride, his remarks today we're hilarious. He is in the same position as Rick Snyder, but he has a backbone that "one tough nerd" lacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                You are unaware of the millions and millions of unemployed able bodied bloggers just getting paid huge money by the government to do nothing all day?
                                I know right, blogging is so 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X