Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YT View Post
    Good deal Mark! You're probably already hugging them!
    Gots lots of hugs in.

Yesterday we went to my neices house. She lives in Canada. My first trip over the boarder in at least 15 years.

Aside from the fact it was a pool party and we got very strong storms a couple of hours after arrival (which knocked them out of power). It was a very interesting trip.

Things have really changed and I would have probably had a world record trip over and back except, when it was my turn to go through customs, it seems there was a shift change that took an extra 10 minutes to wait for the change in officers.

Other than that, I was surprised at the low traffic and amazed that MDOT allows the traffic flow coming off the Bridge like it is.

There has been litigation but really, all of the car lanes have to exit from a single lane? I hate to see how that works when the traffic is heavy.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• the bridge is way better than the tunnel. I really love how they've improved the ramps from the bridge to the freeway.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
        the bridge is way better than the tunnel. I really love how they've improved the ramps from the bridge to the freeway.
        Hmmmmmm.

This is exactly what I was finding interesting.

After clearing Customs, I entered the nearest pay booth with no traffic. Paid my toll.

Exited into a gauntlet, one lane exit that serviced all 8 of the car lanes. No traffic, good thing because my first time doing this and the signage leaves a bit to be desired except for the arrows that I followed.

Went about 50' in a single gauntlet then got to the Expressway entrance ramps.

The only sign I could see was at about 11:00 in both latitude and longitude.

I paused to read the signs and my co-pilot barked out the question "What are you stopping for?" My response was to "Read the signs". Once I found the proper entrance for the direction I was heading...........Heaven!

Comment

• I could see some information overload possible. Usually it is customs that is the limiting factor in traffic flow, not the toll booth.
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• [ame]http://youtu.be/_OBlgSz8sSM[/ame]

Comment

• Had a great day/night yesterday. Dano was in town to visit family and he invited AE & I to to their cookout/bonfire. Great people, great food, fun times, even the rain could not spoil the festivities. I think Derreck & I wore out our guitars.

Dano, great to see you & the kids again. Thanks for the invite.

Malto, got your message from Dano, .... we miss you man.
              Last edited by DanO; June 25, 2013, 12:56 PM.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Same here, Bro. :-)

Comment

• "The sound effect guy from Police Academy still has it."
                  ---------------------Awesome.

"Gots lots of hugs in."
                  ------------------------Awesome.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                    Had a great day/night yesterday. Dano was in town to visit family and he invited AE & I to to their cookout/bonfire. Great people, great food, fun times, even the rain could not spoil the festivities. I think Derreck & I wore out our guitars.

Dano, great to see you & the kids again. Thanks for the invite.

Malto, got your message from Dano, .... we miss you man.
                    ----------------------Pleasure was all mine my friend. So glad you and AE could make it. Had an absolute blast, as did the kids. You and Derrick knocked it out of the park. Couldn't believe how long you guys played, but it was AWESOME! The penultimate to our vacation. It was so good to see you guys again. I really hope another Forum Game is in your future.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Thanks again, DanO. Speaking of the forum game, being away games first three weeks of October limits the possibilities. I'd love to see the Cowboys, but last week in October is ??? weather-wise.

Looks like Vikings opening day or Bears week 4, pretty slim pickings.
                      Last edited by Sharkbait; June 26, 2013, 11:33 AM.
                      "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• but last week in October is ???
                        Halloween!

Actually hit and miss. Can be warm, can be cool and crisp, can be cold and rainy, usually a bit early for snow but, not unheard of.

Comment

• Well if it's Halloween, I am dressing up as a Lion Fan, that should be unique at a forum game.

Comment

• Make sure you wear a jack-o-lantern on your head to keep up with other Forumites that attended a late October game.

Comment

• It was pretty darn cold on the day of the last forum game. I suggest a September date.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Sun, Sep 8 vs Minnesota
                                1:00 PM FOX

Sun, Sep 29 vs Chicago
                                1:00 PM FOX

Sun, Oct 20 vs Cincinnati
                                1:00 PM CBS

Comment

Working...
                                X