Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    I don't care to go through all the old threads and look to see the people who criticized Caldwell or Ebron on this site but if I did i probably could find some of you guys who are now calling out the Stafford Critiquer's.

We all have opinions, voiced or not.. Some times they end up being proven to be wrong. Doesn't mean they were wrong at the time.

I personally have not criticized Caldwell or Ebron, but don't care if you do.

Football is entertainment and this forum is a distraction from our daily lives so have fun with it, just as you guys are now doing with some of us "Stafford haters"
    Wcfwtf it's perfectly fine to eat crow on your Stafford bashing. It's the best meal ever for a Lions fan
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The season isn't done, they still have to keep on winning

Comment

• Eat crow?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Eat crow?
          Term that means to be wrong on a position and have to admit it.

Eating crow is an American colloquial idiom,[1] meaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proven wrong after taking a strong position.[2] Crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proven wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow.[2] The exact origin of the idiom is unknown, but it probably began with an American story published around 1850 about a slow-witted New York farmer.[3] Eating crow is of a family of idioms having to do with eating and being proven incorrect, such as to "eat dirt" and to "eat your hat" (or shoe), all probably originating from "to eat one's words", which first appears in print in 1571 in one of John Calvin's tracts, on Psalm 62: “God eateth not his words when he hath once spoken”.[2]

Used in a sentence:

Gonz is often wrong, but he goes "camping" rather than eat crow
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• , thanks, and nice example.

Seems I've been eating crow my entire married life!

Oh no, doesn't really work with that ^ sentence!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

, thanks, and nice example.

There is a difference here.

Eating crow is not the same as appeasing the spouse.

We males continue to eat crow to appease our spouse and it is not always a situation where crow should be prepared.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• ........................And now Stafford comes out and says exactly what I said on why he could be a better QB and the offense is better.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• What did he say DanO?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    What did he say DanO?
                    No CJ as his Chuck n luck security blanket has forced him to become a complete QB that goes through his reads.
                    Last edited by Panoptes; December 6, 2016, 06:23 PM.
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                      I don't care to go through all the old threads and look to see the people who criticized Caldwell or Ebron on this site but if I did i probably could find some of you guys who are now calling out the Stafford Critiquer's.

We all have opinions, voiced or not.. Some times they end up being proven to be wrong. Doesn't mean they were wrong at the time.

I personally have not criticized Caldwell or Ebron, but don't care if you do.

Football is entertainment and this forum is a distraction from our daily lives so have fun with it, just as you guys are now doing with some of us "Stafford haters"
                      Wcfwtf. Glad to see you post. Keep in mind that this thread existed well before Stafford's current run. There is a difference between critiquing Stafford and a lot of what happened in this last preseason. Which is why there is some lite ribbing to the three major players. Honestly while you were a bit outlandish, not as bad as the other two.

What is disappointing and I am actually sad about is the other two. I get being opinionated. I get not having a popular opinion. But still as a person who from the beginning of Caldwell's run hasn't been a fan I'll sit back and eat more crow as he wins. Why wouldn't I, I have my worries, but what's more important than the Lions winning. That's why I am a bit sad because there are at least two "haters" that where so driven in their opinions on Stafford that they have participated in months. What the point in being so determined in what's best for the Lions if you can't sit back and enjoy it with everyone when they succeed even if it's not the way you wanted it.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• TMI Marko...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          I was top of the list on the Caldwell hater club. Im fine with eating crow at how he's coached this year.
                          Ditto. But I give myself grace because my ass has been burned 8200 times by the Lions. That said, it seems different now, mostly because of Stafford and the coordinators. I ate too much kung pao this eve so maybe I'll feel differently again in an hour or so.

Comment

, thanks, and nice example.

That isn't crow you be eatin'.
                            Apathetic No More.

Comment

• lol
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dsred View Post
                                That isn't crow you be eatin'.
                                yep, that's what I was meaning!

Comment

Working...
                                X