No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my hot take, Johnson was their best receiver and most feared offensive weapon. It will be hard to replace him but not as hard as replacing Barry was.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      Here is my hot take, Johnson was their best receiver and most feared offensive weapon. It will be hard to replace him but not as hard as replacing Barry was.
      Yeah, real hot there. Scalded me.

The Lions are most definitely going to be a worse offense without him. It's not a crippling loss that can't be made up for with better coordination that uses the talents they have more effectively, but not having CJ on the field is going to hurt. They're not going to be a better team without him... though the results may turn out better.

Comment

• DimWiT as a child with his aunt Janice.

[ame]https://youtu.be/KYgEn_xQQKI[/ame]
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Here is my hot take, Johnson was their best receiver and most feared offensive weapon. It will be hard to replace him but not as hard as replacing Barry was.
          I agree about Johnson. But as for replacing # 20, we still have not done that.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            not having CJ on the field is going to hurt. They're not going to be a better team without him... though the results may turn out better.
            Interested to see what happens, for sure.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

The question should be asked, was Calvin Johnson at this point even the Lions best receiver? If that answer is "well... no... not really..." and that Stafford was forcing passes to CJ because of the earlier reputation, then they have a chance to be better without him.
              The answer is no.

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The Lions are most definitely going to be a worse offense without him. It's not a crippling loss that can't be made up for with better coordination that uses the talents they have more effectively, but not having CJ on the field is going to hurt. They're not going to be a better team without him... though the results may turn out better.
              If the results turn out better then it means it made the Lions better.

Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              I agree about Johnson. But as for replacing # 20, we still have not done that.
              You can not replace either of these guys. They were special and unique talents. You can however, plug in a player that can be productive ........but that rarely happens with the Lions now does it?

We shall see what kind of on the field results the new braintrust will bring us.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                Oh wise master with your infinite wisdom.......

Who would you bring in to play QB?
                Asked and answered, now try a rational question. BTW, have you ever noticed I never participate in any discussion about drafting players or grading drafts......why?.....because.....it's a fucking waste of time.
                Last edited by dwt1; May 23, 2016, 07:09 AM.

Comment

The only issue I have with that article is the "Ewing Theory" it invokes.

A team is never going to be better without its best player, and if Calvin Johnson was that inhuman beast that could still fight over triple coverage, the Lions will be worse without him.

The question should be asked, was Calvin Johnson at this point even the Lions best receiver? If that answer is "well... no... not really..." and that Stafford was forcing passes to CJ because of the earlier reputation, then they have a chance to be better without him.
                  If your best player is a wide receiver, you do not have a very good team.

Comment

They replaced Barry and went to the playoffs, they weren't as exciting but they were just as effective without him.

Comment

• The word Barry is like a dog whistle for the attack man.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                        Asked and answered, now try a rational question. BTW, have you ever noticed I never participate in any discussion about drafting players or grading drafts......why?.....because.....it's a fucking waste of time.
                        Yet 99% of the players were drafted. Every Qb you wish we had were drafted. There is no chance of upgrading MS if you don't draft that guy.

Another kink in your wisdom. If Wence or Goff were available at our pick, I would not have been upset with it.

In your delusional world, how are we going to get this Superbowl winning QB?

Look, we know you're frustrated with MS. We all have been wanting him to clean up some things and get this team deep in the playoffs. But none of what we want happens in a vacuum. How?

Taking your frustration out on the good people in this forum (which can't do anything to change it) is very unfair. So, you will continue to poison each and every thread with this.

Here's a question that may/may not been posed to you.. What are YOU trying to accomplish?
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                          If your best player is a wide receiver, you do not have a very good team.
                          Jerry Rice called he said you are wrong.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• If your best player is a WR, you still need a very good team built around him. Calvin never had that, Rice and Irvin did - in spades.

Comment

• The point is building a very good team, there are no shortcuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                                Yet 99% of the players were drafted. Every Qb you wish we had were drafted. There is no chance of upgrading MS if you don't draft that guy.
                                Exactly. You won't win unless you try is supposedly his theory, right?
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X