Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish they'd move them all the way over to the ACC.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Someone has to win the SEC East, right?
      Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      It's looking like Georgia. Or South Carolina!
      Nobody from the East is beating Bama/LSU/Auburn in the SEC championship game.
      Florida bouncing back, as they get back 10 players from suspension, wouldn't be surprising to me. Georgia will be there... We are about to find out a lot about Mizzu and South Carolina in a few days. That Mizzu offense looks scary. SC was kind of lucky to beat NC St, so who knows. They are probably one year away.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• South Carolina is like Tennessee. Always one year away and and always over rated. You can put GA in that category too.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Nobody from the East is beating Bama/LSU/Auburn in the SEC championship game.
          Florida bouncing back, as they get back 10 players from suspension, wouldn't be surprising to me. Georgia will be there... We are about to find out a lot about Mizzu and South Carolina in a few days. That Mizzu offense looks scary. SC was kind of lucky to beat NC St, so who knows. They are probably one year away.
          Yeah, at least for this year I'm just looking for UGA to compete for an East title. Beating Alabama may be a little too much to hope for at this point.

With that said, the East itself it going to be tough. Everyone believes it will come down to Florida or Georgia, but don't discount S.C. or Mizzu. I'm especially worried about Missouri and that video game offense of theirs. At the very least will be dangerous enough to play spoiler for the rest of the division.

AAL: A'Shawn Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
            ....... I'm not really a Dawgs fan at all, but I'm surrounded by it.
            Don't you mean stiffeld by it?

Every time there's a UGA home game, 316 near my house in Lawrencville is impassable. Don't get caught doing something having nothing to do with a football Saturday in Athens within 100 miles of that shit hole.

..... and those fucking car window flags. Sheeze, they leave them on year around and by mid June they're all faded and tattered. An eyesore like junk cars in the front yard of every Alabama homestead.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
              How long is Eason out?
              At least next week for sure (that was confirmed by Smart), but it's uncertain beyond that. (Smart graduated from the Saban/Belicheck/Caldwell school of "none of your business" when it comes to releasing information.)

Apparently it is a knee sprain and luckily didn't require surgery, but there isn't a time table (at least a public one) for when they expect him back and Smart said they will take it game by game.
              Last edited by FanFromCali; September 4, 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Don't let the 70-odd points Missouri dropped on Missouri State fool you, they are not good. I think they're the worst team in the SEC.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Don't let the 70-odd points Missouri dropped on Missouri State fool you, they are not good. I think they're the worst team in the SEC.
                  The worst? Wow, that's bold. I hope you are right but that offense seems legit regardless of their opponent. But I guess we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Love GT's offense
                    Paul Johnson was on my short list of HCs when LC retired. I'm pretty sure he was offered and early in the process when Martin started looking around. Why he didn't take the job if it was in fact offered seems strange.

There's a good change he had already accepted and signed a contract with GaTech so, that's a decent reason, although it was not publicly announced because I think Navy made a bowl game that season (2007).

He's been steady Eddie at GaTech - he can be counted on for 8 wins with an occasional 10+ win season. GaTech fans and regents are fine with that.

I'm glad, now, he didn't come to M. 8-4 on a regular basis would have had everyone screaming for his head. But, yeah, his offense is fun to watch.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Damn Tennessee came back.
                      and ha! That is the most Butch Jones timeout ever. That helps GT!
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yay. Free bad football.

Comment

• GT should just go it every 4th down in OT

Comment

• Originally posted by FanFromCali View Post
                            The worst? Wow, that's bold. I hope you are right but that offense seems legit regardless of their opponent. But I guess we will see.

Missouri State scored 43 on them. So, yeah, they beat them by 29, but Missouri State is a bad FCS team. They were 4-7 last year. They'll struggle to do better this year.

Comment

• GT by going for 2 covered either way

Comment

• Whatever gets Butch his 7 to 9 wins, he'll get it.
                                Really close win just like Tenn's opener last season. Clutch Butch Jones when it doesn't really matter ... as in it would matter vs Bama and they will get blown out again.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X