Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Football (OR POLITICAL) things that piss you off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    All three are OK.

I am no longer pissed off (or worried)
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Excellent news.

1. Raised a glass to you & family.

2. Sunk a few more to forget the afternoon.

3. Finished off the crate after the Scotland game.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I have been driving the same stretch of road a minimum of 2 times a day, 6 to 7 days a week for the last 45 years with the exception of vacation time.

There is a mile and a half stretch of this roadway where fully mature and totally healthy Ash, hardwoods, Blue Spruces, and Austrian Pines are tagged to be taken down. Seems someone feels they have to go to accommodate the changing of the water main even though many of them do not appear to be in the way.

Witnessed them cutting one down yesterday while waiting for a light and even though these are only trees, I was overcome with sadness when I realized what was going on.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Can completely relate to that Malto......, I know the sad feeling exactly. That stretch of road you travel will be different and not for the better.

Not far from where my mother lives, there was a wooded area called "The Dean Woods"...... Was great when we were all 8/9/10 year olds, playing there pretending to be soldiers and playing war games in two teams. All gone now (recently) and it's a large housing estate. I hadn't been at my mothers for maybe 6 weeks, and in that time, they'd demolished the woods, and the frameworks for many houses were in situ. That sad feeling you speak of was in abundance that day.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I can relate to that also.

The area I grew up in while it was a City and Suburb of Detroit, was very rural. There were many small farms where we lived and lots of undeveloped areas.

Not any more. The pond we used to play hockey on is now condominiums.

The farm we used to sneak on to and give the old man who lived there alone hell, is now a subdivision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                The farm we used to sneak on to and give the old man who lived there alone hell, is now a subdivision.
                That's what you get for running the old man off.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  All three are OK.

I am no longer pissed off (or worried)

Not surprised. Good things happen to good people!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                    That's what you get for running the old man off.
                    Indeed but he deserved it.

He used to walk our subdivision selling vegetables he grew. He admired a German Shepard pup we had and offered to buy it. We told him it was not for sale. One morning our pup ended up missing from our back yard. We immediately suspected him as he had inquired a few days earlier.

We snuck on to his property and saw he had our pup chained up next to his house.

We told my Dad when he got home from work about 4 hours later and Dad called the Police. We went over there with the police and the pup was gone and we never saw him (the pup) again.
                    Last edited by Malto Marko; October 12, 2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      I have been driving the same stretch of road a minimum of 2 times a day, 6 to 7 days a week for the last 45 years with the exception of vacation time.

There is a mile and a half stretch of this roadway where fully mature and totally healthy Ash, hardwoods, Blue Spruces, and Austrian Pines are tagged to be taken down. Seems someone feels they have to go to accommodate the changing of the water main even though many of them do not appear to be in the way.

Witnessed them cutting one down yesterday while waiting for a light and even though these are only trees, I was overcome with sadness when I realized what was going on.

I have to agree with you Malto. The proper thing to do is relocate them with a tree spade. That's total irresponsibility on some ones part.

Comment

• Lost my temper a bit in class.

Had a student forget the worksheets I handed out last week that we needed in class again this week. I asked him where they were and he told me the garbage can. FFS, does he even realize he's the one paying money to come here?!
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Did you bottle the wee bastard? NO, NO, sorry, that's another thread.

I assume you do extremely well in keeping your cool most of the time, Jeremy. I could not do your job, and I think teachers deserve more credit than you get. Was already no doubt a difficult job, but add phones, FB, twatter etc etc, ....., it'll take unique individuals to teach these days.

To put what you do into perspective......, you teach a class....... I can have ONE apprentice, and by midday he's getting on my feckin tits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Did you bottle the wee bastard? NO, NO, sorry, that's another thread.

I assume you do extremely well in keeping your cool most of the time, Jeremy. I could not do your job, and I think teachers deserve more credit than you get. Was already no doubt a difficult job, but add phones, FB, twatter etc etc, ....., it'll take unique individuals to teach these days.

To put what you do into perspective......, you teach a class....... I can have ONE apprentice, and by midday he's getting on my feckin tits.

Comment

• I really think he was being honest and had no idea how bad it sounded coming out of his mouth. He's not a bad kid, but it took every ounce of self-control not to tell him to get the hell out. As it was, I made him and the other two kids go downstairs and pay for copies of the worksheets (usually I just let them share).

He repaid my kindness by doing absolutely nothing during the next class except sulk in the corner and not participate at all. Who knows, maybe he had a really shitty day for some other reason? I have my suspicions that his home life is not great. I try to keep it in perspective.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• You and all teachers have a tough job.

FWIW, you have my respect and thanks for the job that you do.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X