Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    If it was a package of SImmons/Noel for Andre and 18 I would do it...The problem with Andre for Simmons straight up is that isnt a position of need and then center would be a huge hole....
    Simmons has the potential to be the next Lebron.

You take that chance. Period.

Comment

• All day.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Drummond can and will be a good one but he's not ever going to put a team on his back like a Shaq or Duncun. I'd make that trade but I'm not certain that Philly would.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Drummond can and will be a good one but he's not ever going to put a team on his back like a Shaq or Duncun. I'd make that trade but I'm not certain that Philly would.
          Philly would never offer that. That's kinda the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Simmons has the potential to be the next Lebron.
            LOL

No.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
              LOL

No.
              You only think that because you know the Pistons have no chance of getting him.

If the Pistons were #1, you'd be designing the inevitable championship rings in your head.

Comment

• Having seen him play, I'd love to have him but for Drummond? That's idiotic. He's less proven and the holes in his game aren't any smaller.

And if the Pistons were drafting 1st that'd mean they have a shitty team.

Comment

• I'm thinking Demetrius Jackson with the 18th pick because it would be interesting to have two Jackson PGs.
                  Kind of like when Purdue had 4 players regularly play with the last name "Johnson" a couple seasons ago.

plus Jackson is the only player in the Pistons area that I really know anything about, which gives my input little meaning.
                  But hey, the draft is always fun even though I don't have master knowledge in this topic.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It's a prett BLAH draft. Id prefer we trade the pick or take a chance on a wild card.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• That's crazy Rose got traded. They sure didn't give up much to get him and he seemed like he was on the road back to playing well last year.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't do Simmons for Andre. He was a good all-around player but can't hit a J consistently and didn't help his team make the tourney while playing in the 5th or 6th best conference in the NCAA. To me, that's a big red flag He might just be a guy with talent but no heart. He certainly hasn't shown it yet. Simmons and Noel for Andre? That's more reasonable.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          That's crazy Rose got traded. They sure didn't give up much to get him and he seemed like he was on the road back to playing well last year.
                          I just heard last night that analytics had him rated as one of the worst PG's in the NBA last year. He's a big zero on D, is a well below-average 3-pt. shooter and has less than a 2/1 A/TO-ratio. He'll sell tickets in NY and they didn't give up much for him but they still need to add another all-star player to have a shot at the playoffs.

I do like what Indy has been doing. Teague and THADDEUS are nice additions. Not big splashes but it those guys do improve their roster. I hope the Pistons are able to upgrade to keep ahead of them. Chicago, meanwhile, is going to be picking high in the lottery next summer.

Comment

• Rose is a shell of his former self. He's just not that good anymore because of so many injuries. He lost that extra gear was never much of a shooter, so he's basically a high volume inefficient chucker right now.

Comment

• He is probably toast, he could use a change of scenery but the Bricks are not a great landing spot for someone needing a change of scenery.

Ben Simmons will not be close to another Lebron.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                Yeah, I wouldn't do Simmons for Andre. He was a good all-around player but can't hit a J consistently and didn't help his team make the tourney while playing in the 5th or 6th best conference in the NCAA. To me, that's a big red flag He might just be a guy with talent but no heart. He certainly hasn't shown it yet. Simmons and Noel for Andre? That's more reasonable.
                                I agree. He made 16 shots outside of the paint last year, only 1 from college 3. Obviously that means he can get to the rim. But in the NBA it will not be so easy. He might become a superstar, but I think Andre could get there too and a more known commodity. That's why I wouldn't trade Andre for the #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X